Would you?

Miss Beatrice Shilling's orifice
has never known a man,
but she has experimented with
buzzing phallic appliances.
Only at the entrance you understand,
any more would be a sacrilege
at the sacred altar of her womanhood
saved for 'the one' who never came.

Now Google her and you'll see why I struggled - Great story though!
 
Now Google her and you'll see why I struggled - Great story though!
I have a little experience, vaguely somewhat similar to the one 'Tilly' had. I travelled with men, fixing airplanes. Our intrepid band never had such an impact as the backflow restrictor but we did keep 'em in the air.

On the Canadian C130 aircraft, a couple of decades ago, there was a problem with the urinals boiling back into the cabin and creating catalytic corrosion on two main longerons holding the tail on and the bulkhead that attached the fuselage to the cockpit. We came up with a solution that was simple and elegant costing mere dollars rather than the much greater repair bill for major structure -install plastic catch trays below the pissers. That and lockwiring the front urinals closed for all flights except those on paratrooper drops.

Definitely not glamorous nor placed in the annals of war heroes and heroines but, I like to think I had a small part in making the defence of NATO just a little more efficient.
 
Last edited:
Oh god, do you really want that story? maybe I should make one up coz the real one is almost as weird as the rest of my life

yes yes yes plsssssssssss, you've got to now!!! If it's not weird I'll know it's not the truth now :D
 
Your new subject is Mother Teresa
Come, Be My Light

You nourish me with your body
and quench my thirst with your blood.
I only need these.
I only need these.
But now dear Husband;
your needs are mine and oh, how
do I answer this desire?

I nourish them with my bread
and quench their thirst with my water.
I do not need these.
I do not need these.
But now dear Husband;
teach me how to inspire their hearts
to love, and their souls to hope,
and kindle this desire.

I burn with heat, glow with light
and I am satiated with compassion.
I must give these.
I must give these.
But now dear Husband;
fill my heart and enflame my soul,
that I can bring these to the poor
and answer this desire.
 
Last edited:
Come, Be My Light

You nourish me with your body
and quench my thirst with your blood.
I only need these.
I only need these.
But now dear Husband;
your needs are mine and oh, how
do I answer this desire?

I nourish them with my bread
and quench their thirst with my water.
I do not need these.
I do not need these.
But now dear Husband;
teach me how to inspire their hearts
to love, and their souls to hope,
and kindle this desire.

I burn with heat, glow with light
and I am satiated with compassion.
I must give these.
I must give these.
But now dear Husband;
fill my heart and enflame my soul,
that I can bring these to the poor
and answer this desire.

Not quite understanding the 'husband' reference she was a nun until she left the order to tend the poor in India
 
Hit me again please, Annie. :kiss: <<<<hoping you'll be gentle

Tess your subject is Drive in movies (something we don't have here although I been to some in Tenerife and if you've never watched Lord of the Rings and Finding Nemo in Spanish you've never lived lol!)
 
Not quite understanding the 'husband' reference she was a nun until she left the order to tend the poor in India
From the Vatican's biography: " On 24 May 1937, Sister Teresa made her Final Profession of Vows, becoming, as she said, the “spouse of Jesus” for “all eternity.” From that time on she was called Mother Teresa."
 
The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches that all nuns are mystically betrothed to Jesus Christ. In this actual marriage ceremony a young woman dressed in white, makes a public vow to the Church. After this public profession, the young woman is told that she has become the bride of Christ and must consecrate herself to God “until death”.

it's my understanding that by entering 'the church' as a nun she has become metaphorically betrothed to Christ....
 
She did leave the nuns to become a Missionary in India, does that mean she would have to renounce her vows?
 
She did leave the nuns to become a Missionary in India, does that mean she would have to renounce her vows?
From her Nobel Prize biography: "On October 7, 1950, Mother Teresa received permission from the Holy See to start her own order, "The Missionaries of Charity", whose primary task was to love and care for those persons nobody was prepared to look after. In 1965 the Society became an International Religious Family by a decree of Pope Paul VI."

I don't see this as disavowing her vocation, instead just moving in an upwardly lateral direction in the church.
 
From her Nobel Prize biography: "On October 7, 1950, Mother Teresa received permission from the Holy See to start her own order, "The Missionaries of Charity", whose primary task was to love and care for those persons nobody was prepared to look after. In 1965 the Society became an International Religious Family by a decree of Pope Paul VI."

I don't see this as disavowing her vocation, instead just moving in an upwardly lateral direction in the church.

No but what I asking is (because I have no idea) when she left Sisters of Loreto (1946?) would she have had to renounce her vows until her own order was given a decree?
 
No but what I asking is (because I have no idea) when she left Sisters of Loreto (1946?) would she have had to renounce her vows until her own order was given a decree?
Nobel Society on their page for Mother Teresa's Biography said:
After a few months' training in Dublin she was sent to India, where on May 24, 1931, she took her initial vows as a nun. From 1931 to 1948 Mother Teresa taught at St. Mary's High School in Calcutta, but the suffering and poverty she glimpsed outside the convent walls made such a deep impression on her that in 1948 she received permission from her superiors to leave the convent school and devote herself to working among the poorest of the poor in the slums of Calcutta. Although she had no funds, she depended on Divine Providence, and started an open-air school for slum children. Soon she was joined by voluntary helpers, and financial support was also forthcoming. This made it possible for her to extend the scope of her work.

So, over a period of years Mother Teresa continued her devotions as a sister and it wasn't until 1937 she took her final set to become "Mother". That being said, if she had been denied permission to work amongst the poor, I believe she would have perished rather than renounce her vows. Although the church can prove inconsiderate, I don't believe they could have denied her strong calling to go out amongst the poor. She was always a nun.
 
Last edited:
Amongst my Googling I did come across a site where several ex nuns said the same thing that when they left they had to do it under secrecy, not being allowed to tell the other nuns and so not allowed to say goodbye to the nuns that they had lived with for years and years. That to me is very unchristian behaviour having to literally steal out like thieves in the night, as if they were contaminated.
 
Amongst my Googling I did come across a site where several ex nuns said the same thing that when they left they had to do it under secrecy, not being allowed to tell the other nuns and so not allowed to say goodbye to the nuns that they had lived with for years and years. That to me is very unchristian behaviour having to literally steal out like thieves in the night, as if they were contaminated.
I agree, but I think in St Teresa of Calcutta's case, she petitioned and was granted permission to go out into the world beyond the convent. Her convent sisters knew what she was doing. The situation with nuns who renounce their vows would be far different, I think, since those women would be seen as potential heretics and wouldn't be permitted any opportunity to pass on their voices.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a heathen from way back and have no faith beyond a hope to live a worthy life. Therefore any speculation on my part is just that, not based in qualified knowledge.
 
It's all very interesting though, I once knew a nun who did it the other way round ...... got married had children and then became a nun afterwards. I always found it amusing that she was a nun with grandchildren
 
It's all very interesting though, I once knew a nun who did it the other way round ...... got married had children and then became a nun afterwards. I always found it amusing that she was a nun with grandchildren
I think that's a fine poem to write, Annie.

Your topic is to write a short & humorous poem entitled "My Nana The Nun" or somesuch. Enjoy!
 
*lost*
When she found me we were both in the same mess,
mine due to the stress I had withstood, through
childhood, hers from the divorce of her parents,
she had been shipped from another state
our fate to meet
Both on stuff prohibited, addicted to chemical happy
we would run off, dribble crappy life stories to each
other, stare at stars, share our dreams
we were the only two people that got it, it's no
wonder things went the way they did.
Teenage hormones and angst created a tension
doubled by the other taboo, how could we not
end in each others arms?

Her older charms and experience were a boon to me
she was patient and taught how to please properly,
what went where and how to ease into it, let it build
for ultimate release, first time was awkward, quick
but she was patient, unaware she had taken my virginity,
I can still remember the divinity as I entered
the feel as her body yielded
then swallowed me up

a willing student, once that taboo was pierced, we went
at it with fierce abandon.

In the end we were policed by others in our family
we didn't tell, didn't have to, we were teenage "smart",
she was sent away shamed, got blamed coz she was older
I remember holding her before she left, kissing her forehead,
we don't talk any more, but at family gatherings I can see
when she looks, we still want what can't be
even after all these years, my mothers sister, my aunty
 
Back
Top