RIP slyc

secretme

Beauty Queen From Mars
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Posts
3,373
Many authors here knew slyc_willie. He was a writer of stories and threads. He made many friends here. While he wasn't as active on the threads over the past year as he he once was, I know that those who knew him would want to know:

Slyc died of a pulmonary embolism which caused a heart attack on Thursday morning Nov 29, 2015. It was sudden and very unexpected. Wednesday he was fine and Thursday he was gone.

It is unbelievably hard for me to write this. So please forgive me if I don't say more. We all deal with loss in different ways. I'm not good at conversations about this.
 
Many authors here knew slyc_willie. He was a writer of stories and threads. He made many friends here. While he wasn't as active on the threads over the past year as he he once was, I know that those who knew him would want to know:

Slyc died of a pulmonary embolism which caused a heart attack on Thursday morning Nov 29, 2015. It was sudden and very unexpected. Wednesday he was fine and Thursday he was gone.

It is unbelievably hard for me to write this. So please forgive me if I don't say more. We all deal with loss in different ways. I'm not good at conversations about this.

Oh wow. Thank you so much for sharing this. We were just talking very fondly about Slyc just the other day! Such very sad news! Nothing but thoughts, prayers, and sorrowful thoughts to his friends and family. He will be missed!
 
I'm so sad to hear this news. Slyc was a fantastic writer and a great guy. :(:rose:
 
Omg. :( I had noticed he hadn't been around lately. :(
 
Too stunned to do more than offer my condolences.

He will most certainly be missed.
 
I've thought of Slyc so often in the past year - he was a great gentleman and writer, a generous Litster full of kind words and humor. His FAWCs were terrific challenges. I thought he had decided to dedicate himself to his passion for sci fi writing...

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:
 
Last edited:
I'm so sad to hear this. I often thought of Slyc. He was a real contributor here; an emotionally mature person, witty and smart. He did so much to support writing on here.

I will miss him so much.
:rose:
 
My lasting impression of Slyc won't be about his writing-although he was a very good writer-or his contributions to the boards which were many, especially the Fawcs.

What I will remember him for is his passion for his family. Many times he posted about his young daughter and how much he adored her and how proud he was of her. He posted often of his wife and his love and adoration for her.

Slyc proudly served his country and was a loving father and husband, a good man and there are a sad few of those around these days and now there's one less.

Many times when a loved one passes slowly of a disease we wonder wouldn't it be better to be quicker? To get it over with, not see them suffer? But at least in those times you get a chance for a goodbye and to come to terms with what's coming, but something this sudden?

I can't fathom how devastating this is for his family, for his daughter.

I don't pray, but will have slyc in my thoughts and meditations. But for him the journey is over and more of my focus will be on the grief of his family.

Man, he was too young for this. Just goes to show the expression life's too short really isn't just meaningless words.
 
I am saddened by this news.

I send my condolences to the family and Secret.

RIP Slyc.

To Secret :rose::heart:
 
His death is a loss. As I measure people, he had the right stuff. Heaven or hell is better for what happened, but we arent.
 
Well damn, that was a shock. Slyc was one of the good guys and far too young to just be gone like this. He will be sorely missed by many, myself included.

My deepest condolences to his whole family. :rose:
 
Oh hell, I am so sorry to hear it. Slyc was one of the really good guys and he'll be sorely missed. His face is one of the one's that pops up when I think of Chicago 2 and 3, always a bright smile and made everyone feel welcome.
 
Damn. :(

We'll all join you eventually for the Litogether to beat all Litogethers. Until then, please save us a spot on the porch & keep the cooler well stocked. :rose::kiss:





Oh, and say howdy to Colly.
 
RIP Slyc_Willie

My only interaction with Slyc was during the last FAWC. He made it a rewarding experience and I'd been waiting patiently hoping he'd find the time to run another.

My condolences to his family and all those who loved him. Now I need to go read his stories...
 
Slyc was a great writer and major contributor to the AH. He brought to us all a sense of dignity and decency in our interpersonal squabbles, and was always insightful and helpful in his contributions. His absence had already been felt, and now even more keenly, knowing we'll not see him again. Requiescat in pace.
 
Last edited:
So sad

he was a great guy and author. He'll be missed. So sad. I got a chance to use one of his plot devises in my story "Lisa's Revenge" with his blessing.
 
Back
Top