A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

I'll buy your Sloe Gin, m'dear. What brand of gin do you prefer? Barkeep, do you have Nolet? Nothing cheaper than Beefeater, at any rate.

Sloe gin comes ready made or make it yourself by steeping Sloes in gin
Sloe gin recipe at the moment I'm doing much the same with plums (we had a glut this year) steeped in Poteen and Brandy. I let you know how it turns out at Christmas :)

A poet walks into a bar...

"Of all the rooms of this year, I have entered one red room." A line from King's Mountain by one of my favorite poets, Muriel Rukeyser. I live close enough to King's Mountain to take a day trip there. I live in Asheville, NC which has been dubbed the cesspool of sin for some reason, though it seems quite ordinary to me.
I've been smitten by the poem "The Tulips" by Denise Levertov for some years now and it inspires me to think carefully about my line breaks and imagery. The short poem "Fire and Ice" is also dear to my heart.
Originally pursued a degree in Literature but ended up with a Multimedia Arts and Sciences bachelor's. Basically I try to codify beauty into design. It's not that different from writing poetry.
I've been trying to write about any season but fall, while still finding inspiration in nature.
Hopefully I can submit a poem soon that won't be rejected for misspellings that I can't locate :(

"Of all the rooms of this year, I have entered one red room." A line from King's Mountain by one of my favorite poets, Muriel Rukeyser. I live close enough to King's Mountain to take a day trip there. I live in Asheville, NC which has been dubbed the cesspool of sin for some reason, though it seems quite ordinary to me.
I've been smitten by the poem "The Tulips" by Denise Levertov for some years now and it inspires me to think carefully about my line breaks and imagery. The short poem "Fire and Ice" is also dear to my heart.
Originally pursued a degree in Literature but ended up with a Multimedia Arts and Sciences bachelor's. Basically I try to codify beauty into design. It's not that different from writing poetry.
I've been trying to write about any season but fall, while still finding inspiration in nature.
Hopefully I can submit a poem soon that won't be rejected for misspellings that I can't locate :(

You could always throw them in here :)

You could always throw them in here :)

Or scrawl them on the bathroom wall
scratch them on a toilet stall
both viable drunken occupations
to satisfy poetic predications
ETA: note: To anyone who would question my choice of predications over inclinations I can only say, I was in the restroom and really needed a p :cattail:

Last edited:
It was a graffiti that American soldiers left across Europe wherever they went during WWII.

yeah, but was the name kilroy referring to anyone in particular, one person's 'tag', or was it one piece that got adopted and copied ad infinitum by many?

i suppose i could go research but i'm hoping someone knows so i can be lazy :rolleyes::heart:

yeah, but was the name kilroy referring to anyone in particular, one person's 'tag', or was it one piece that got adopted and copied ad infinitum by many?

i suppose i could go research but i'm hoping someone knows so i can be lazy :rolleyes::heart:

there's a note further down the page that I linked if you really want to know curious Ku ... shall I go fetch it for you? :rolleyes: <<Toasty

Spent most of the early hours of yesterday morning in A & E (your ER). After being closeted in the waiting area for hours with a Polish drunk in handcuffs guarded by 3 very large cops (why 3 ffs?!) and a very raucous hen party, there must be a poem in there somewhere!

Spent most of the early hours of yesterday morning in A & E (your ER). After being closeted in the waiting area for hours with a Polish drunk in handcuffs guarded by 3 very large cops (why 3 ffs?!) and a very raucous hen party, there must be a poem in there somewhere!

:eek: A Polish poet walks into a bar....Senna?
*munches on crisps n salsa, eyes the patrons and then the Patron *

Last edited:
Open his email and sees an email from a website which offers the latest updates about a person I once searched for online. I'm willing to bet a week's pay they can't tell me she is dead. There's a lesson in this. Everything on the internet is there because it serves someone else's purposes, but rarely yours.

Back