Marijuana Majority: Americans Now Back Legalization

I have always thought cigarettes and alcohol as the real gateway drugs, if there is such a thing, due to its easy acquisition of both for most kids. If they were like me, those things were in my home and easy to snatch away. A little booze in a coke bottle goes a long way... So my parents would not notice the big bottles getting used up, I only took a little from each bottle and then mixed it with coke. I called it Rocket Fuel, it tasted just about as bad and got you drunk very fast! LOL

Thank you, JackLuis, for posting that wonderful song. Yeah, they learned a hard lesson in a small town in Texas, all right. At least, they can laugh about it, unlike some other poor bastards rotting in a Texas jail for possession of a joint.

Thank you, JackLuis, for posting that wonderful song. Yeah, they learned a hard lesson in a small town in Texas, all right. At least, they can laugh about it, unlike some other poor bastards rotting in a Texas jail for possession of a joint.

I've been listening to Willie all afternoon and using his songs for inspiration for my romance. Especially about the Cowboy, now I have to find inspirational songs about the Architect, that'll probably be harder.:)

More Willie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX_vYXvATA0
You don't know Me-Willie Nelson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul7Ld9DXNuQ
Willie Nelson - My Own Peculiar Way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmdwsLtNx2E
I never cared for you- Willie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG9hCSUckCg&list=RD02vYpGEAwH1k0
Willie Nelson - Ain't Goin' Down On Brokeback Mountain

Last edited:
I have always thought cigarettes and alcohol as the real gateway drugs
Ive always thought this too. My cousin, an anesthesiologist of all things, tried to lecture about marijuana once at a family reunion and he did so with a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other. When he brought up the "gateway drug" thing I just laughed and told him...no dude...you're holding the gateway drugs in your hands right now. How many people do you know that started smoking dope before they had their first cigarette or beer? He just shook his head, looked at me like I was an idiot and walked off.

Anyway, I haven't posted any stories so I'm not really an author around these parts. Just saw the topic on the main board and it caught my eye. I'll go back to my shallow and lazy minded postings on the other boards now. :)

I have always thought cigarettes and alcohol as the real gateway drugs, if there is such a thing, due to its easy acquisition of both for most kids. If they were like me, those things were in my home and easy to snatch away. A little booze in a coke bottle goes a long way... So my parents would not notice the big bottles getting used up, I only took a little from each bottle and then mixed it with coke. I called it Rocket Fuel, it tasted just about as bad and got you drunk very fast! LOL

I've often questioned the validity concerning the philosophy of so-called "gateway drugs." It seems to me that addiction is more than a simple matter of chemical dependency. There are psychological factors to consider as well. I've tried a lot of the "hard drugs" out there, mainly to satisfy my own curiosity; I haven't gone back to any of them since. It was enough for me to know what all the hubbub was about.

Granted, when an attractive woman approached me in a German nightclub and asked me, "have you ever fucked on coke?" I was intrigued, in more ways than one. But after the experience, I didn't feel any compulsion to repeat it. That's an isolated incident, of course, and many would argue that a single incident isn't enough to secure an addiction.

But given that I like to drink alcohol, and that I was a cigarette smoker for about seventeen years, I have never evidenced any need or desire to "move on" to the stronger stuff. Drug addiction is different for everyone. There's no pat, formulaic way to predict how anyone will progress from one substance to another. The entire notion of "gateway drugs," to me, is nothing more than an invention of those who would seek to control everyone else.

My body doesn't appreciate all the joys of alcohol and drugs, so the thrills escape me, and I'm as clueless after as I was before. I don't get gambling, either. Pussy is my poison.

Pot, though, produces copious amounts of smoke, and the smoker kinda imposes it on others around them, like chain smokers in a car.

It is true that genetics has a lot to do with what substances a person prefers. I had a father that drank scotch and martinis as well as smoked pot, and he tried cocaine and LSD, too. My mother preferred her whiskey. Her father was an alcoholic, her mother did neither. My older brother and I prefer pot to alcohol every time and my younger sister likes copious amounts of whiskey. All of my four grown children smoke the excellent organic product I grow, and all but one drinks alcohol as well. My second oldest son is more like my brother and me. Their father, my husband, drank and smoked and his parents rarely drank and never would consider smoking pot. I tried other drugs of the sixties, being experimental like Dad, but stopped at shooting anything up. That seemed a bit extreme for me in the pursuit of a little fun. Of course, knowing young people, who died from overdose, helped solidify that line of reasoning.

It is true that genetics has a lot to do with what substances a person prefers.

& yet no 1 wants to scientifically prove this...

I tried other drugs of the sixties, being experimental like Dad, but stopped at shooting anything up. That seemed a bit extreme for me in the pursuit of a little fun. Of course, knowing young people, who died from overdose, helped solidify that line of reasoning.

Ok. I'll buy this, BUT, what about totally functional drug addicts?

If there is some1 who overdosed, there is someone who kept it under control...

Good point. I think of functional drug addicts like I do functional alcoholics. Somehow, they keep it all together and prefer their choices. I worked as a waitress back in the day and one of my cooks was a functional heroin addict. I had no idea at all, until another waitress enlightened me. I have known several functional alcoholics and eventually that drug kills them, unlike heroin use.

I was speaking more about the long term effects of hard drinking, like liver ailments and gout, not to mention the bulbous nose effect. Being overweight or too thin can also add to the alcoholics troubles as well as becoming diabetic. None of these things happen to pot smokers or heroin users.

Now, meth and coke have their own ways of killing a person, even faster than alcohol. There is a real meth problem in the poor areas where I live and I have watched many friends of my own children basically lose any quality or chance at a decent life behind meth. I always pointed out the addicts to my kids and told them why that person looked and acted the way they did and to watch out for hard drugs and hard alcohol. No one smoked tobacco in my home, so that was a given. Marijuana saved my children from a far worse fate, believe me. Several parents in the area, who have lost their children to meth, wish they had been more like me in advocating marijuana to keep them away from other much more damaging entertainments. It is so sad to witness, really.

I was speaking more about the long term effects of hard drinking, like liver ailments and gout, not to mention the bulbous nose effect. Being overweight or too thin can also add to the alcoholics troubles as well as becoming diabetic. None of these things happen to pot smokers or heroin users.

Now, meth and coke have their own ways of killing a person, even faster than alcohol. There is a real meth problem in the poor areas where I live and I have watched many friends of my own children basically lose any quality or chance at a decent life behind meth. I always pointed out the addicts to my kids and told them why that person looked and acted the way they did and to watch out for hard drugs and hard alcohol. No one smoked tobacco in my home, so that was a given. Marijuana saved my children from a far worse fate, believe me. Several parents in the area, who have lost their children to meth, wish they had been more like me in advocating marijuana to keep them away from other much more damaging entertainments. It is so sad to witness, really.

Good teachers are where you find them. :)

C:Endgame ??

Ok, So the Obama admin and the attorney general both said that they won't prosecute anyone at this time for pot within the borders of states with legalization.

Which basically means "We ain't saying shit but it's still illegal and we can change our minds anytime we want."

Fine. Status quo is status quo.

Problem is, it's a problem to make no decision::
You end up with this bullshit::

http://thehill.com/blogs/regwatch/o...-banks-on-how-to-do-business-with-pot-sellers

Technically, any bank that does business with a pot business is breaking the law and therefore may have all of their assets seized. Plus, the major complaint of politicians is that cash businesses have higher instances of fraud.

So either way, they want their money.

Also:: Because it is still illegal, the tax code cannot be modified to include illegal businesses. State level, sure, but federal is a nono.

This is what happens when people don't do the job they get paid for.

PayDay, I thought seriously of resurrecting this thread when all the articles about the Feds backing off hit the news. But, ...

It is such a mess right now with no real vision of what the future will be, I decided it would just stir up a pot that no one knows will be any good, when it is finally done. Pun intended, hehe.

As a California medical marijuana patient for over 13 years, I am very curious to see how this turns out.

I do agree with you, though, it has potential for trouble down the line.

I do agree with you, though, it has potential for trouble down the line.

I'm starting to think, like the healthcare bill, it was designed that way, as a ' ZJ for later use'

"Furthermore, it is unacceptable that the Department of Justice did not consult our organizations – whose members will be directly impacted – for meaningful input ahead of this important decision. Our organizations were given notice just thirty minutes before the official announcement was made public and were not given the adequate forum ahead of time to express our concerns with the Department’s conclusion on this matter."

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/sus...opposed-pot-legalization#sthash.T5HEGRUf.dpuf

It seems like a whole lot of shoulda/woulda/ will do

The problem of the legal use of marijuana by adults in the U.S. must be resolved at some point. By the next election, it is quite possible more than 26 states will have some kind of legislation allowing it, and then the Feds will have to back off all the way. They might as well start now. But what happens to the small farmer is what concerns me. Thank goodness, my recommendation allows it, and I hope that never changes. I have chosen the strains that work best for me and grow them every year, outside and organically. I never use dispensaries, except for new strains to try, and I certainly want that privilege to continue, as well. The strain creators in Oakland are some of the best in the world!

Frankly, I'm surprised that it's taken this long. Back in the day, I expected the stuff to be legalized by the turn of the millennium. Oh well, better late than never, I guess. Doesn't mean much to me. All the stuff does is put me to sleep and I'm an international competition class sleeper as it is.

Frankly, I'm surprised that it's taken this long. Back in the day, I expected the stuff to be legalized by the turn of the millennium. Oh well, better late than never, I guess. Doesn't mean much to me. All the stuff does is put me to sleep and I'm an international competition class sleeper as it is.

I'll trade ya :D

We're having similar issues here in Canada. As of March 31 2014, all licences to possess and grow are being cancelled and they want everyone to buy it off them for $5 a gram. We're the first country again to adopt new ways of screwing their citizens.

We have a federal election coming in 2015 and all the shit Harper has caused, will be reversed and moved the other direction. Over 65% of all Canadians want it legalized medically and recreationally, but with controls. In Ontario we have the L.C.B.O. which is the Liquor Control Board of Ontario and The Beer Store, both government operated and controlled, allowing access to anything the customer wants, as long as proof of ID is shown if required. The same system will go into effect for marijuana, because the smart candidate knows there's way more money in legal, than in controlling it as a criminal enterprise, as Harper is doing.

It's all about money and control and that's what needs to be sorted out first. Eventually the individual will have the right to grow again, but many will face charges and mandatory 2 yr. sentences till then. So much for justice.

We're having similar issues here in Canada. As of March 31 2014, all licences to possess and grow are being cancelled and they want everyone to buy it off them for $5 a gram. We're the first country again to adopt new ways of screwing their citizens.

We have a federal election coming in 2015 and all the shit Harper has caused, will be reversed and moved the other direction. Over 65% of all Canadians want it legalized medically and recreationally, but with controls. In Ontario we have the L.C.B.O. which is the Liquor Control Board of Ontario and The Beer Store, both government operated and controlled, allowing access to anything the customer wants, as long as proof of ID is shown if required. The same system will go into effect for marijuana, because the smart candidate knows there's way more money in legal, than in controlling it as a criminal enterprise, as Harper is doing.

It's all about money and control and that's what needs to be sorted out first. Eventually the individual will have the right to grow again, but many will face charges and mandatory 2 yr. sentences till then. So much for justice.

No shit? I was under the impression that Canadia had little to no laws controlling natural substance.

Now I have to look it up :)

Canada is a nanny state, unfortunately. Wonderful place, great people, lousy government. The list of things 'politically incorrect' is so long you need help from your smart phone to keep it straight.

Canada is a nanny state, unfortunately. Wonderful place, great people, lousy government. The list of things 'politically incorrect' is so long you need help from your smart phone to keep it straight.

My smart phone is kind of dumb :)

That aside, the great North is still full of fighters. Your war record proves it.

Truth. We've had to deal with a whining wimp of a PM, because he's still pissed that 'potheads' beat him out in school for class president. He's held a grudge against the herb and smokers ever since. He opposed Crietien in 93 when he was PM and tried to legalize it.

We've endured him for too long and the people have spoken. "Fuck off Asshole and let us enjoy a puff for crying out loud."

They can only stay in power if we vote them there, so this time, no more. The one who abides by the people's wishes this time, will have the power.

I swear it has to come down to the people calling for legislature to be overhauled and the rules changed across the board. Long live Anarchy.:D

Back