What pissed you off today? Mark III

I'll pass it on to laurel. I do not know who the fucker is, but i hope it was reported. I might also put your link on gb.

Meek me, thank you. Thank you do being a decent human being.

Without getting too detailed, elle, how does one get blackmailed for sex on lit? I hope this doesn't seem like a dense question. Was it a case of giving out personal information?

I linked a picture here, it was a picture I'd taken. Someone (Primalex, I believe) pointed out with the right knowledge, he knew exactly where I lived because of that picture. Lesson learned.

I'll pass it on to laurel. I do not know who the fucker is, but i hope it was reported. I might also put your link on gb.

Meek me, thank you. Thank you do being a decent human being.
:rose: More countries than the US pursue these cases because it's become such a common problem. Sadly this happens to under aged people a lot.
Without getting too detailed, elle, how does one get blackmailed for sex on lit? I hope this doesn't seem like a dense question. Was it a case of giving out personal information?

I linked a picture here, it was a picture I'd taken. Someone (Primalex, I believe) pointed out with the right knowledge, he knew exactly where I lived because of that picture. Lesson learned.

Info through the data on your pictures (I always turn the GPS data off and check settings with every phone update to make sure they stay off). Someone piecing together bits of info you give to find your FB or other social media. Playing and willingly giving info to someone you think may actually be trustworthy. Someone hacking you and finding your personal info or compromising pictures.

Once they have the pictures/info it's a matter of joining your social media circles and threatening to post your pictures to friends and family. Or if your job is listed threatening to send them to your place of work.

Edited to add: I've found things about people on accident here because they used the same image hosting platform for posting pictures here that they would also use for work/friends/family.

Last edited:
:rose: More countries than the US pursue these cases because it's become such a common problem. Sadly this happens to under aged people a lot.

Info through the data on your pictures (I always turn the GPS data off and check settings with every phone update to make sure they stay off). Someone piecing together bits of info you give to find your FB or other social media. Playing and willingly giving info to someone you think may actually be trustworthy. Someone hacking you and finding your personal info or compromising pictures.

Once they have the pictures/info it's a matter of joining your social media circles and threatening to post your pictures to friends and family. Or if your job is listed threatening to send them to your place of work.

I used to have the same username for several different sites, so I could see how easy it would be to connect some of the dots. I don't anymore.

It is eye opening to think someone takes the time and has the disposition to do this.

I used to have the same username for several different sites, so I could see how easy it would be to connect some of the dots. I don't anymore.

It is eye opening to think someone takes the time and has the disposition to do this.

I followed that thread and I was shocked to see the thread host's explanation for deleting all the photos and leaving Lit, at least for an extended period. It's a sad thing when someone is forced to cease an activity that clearly brought so much pleasure to so many others. Not all people are good people, and it's a shame that digital media and online social sites can potentially be used for bad purposes.

I didn't follow her thread, but knew her through gb. Frankly, fuck the enjoyment of others. She enjoyed it. It's not a shame, it's illegal activity. It's downright shitty and in no way should it be tolerated by the site owners or other users. It could be any of us; photo posters or other wise. It could be our nearest and dearest in any sort of site. It is sickening that we cower to it. It's just like 'well, what do you expect dressed like that she wS asking for it'. It stinks. The lack of outrage stinks.

Unfortunately, we cannot do much without knowing the rapist. The lack of outrage is both fucked up and expected. Most people are unhappy about it, but it's not them so they can move on. They also have the luxury of thinking, "it could never happen to me." Truth is, there's a rapist here and pretty much anyone (female) oversharing here is a potential target.

Unfortunately, we cannot do much without knowing the rapist. The lack of outrage is both fucked up and expected. Most people are unhappy about it, but it's not them so they can move on. They also have the luxury of thinking, "it could never happen to me." Truth is, there's a rapist here and pretty much anyone (female) oversharing here is a potential target.

truth.
:(

"... for the world's more full of weeping than you can understand."

Tumblr policy change

Ok I know it's their right but.....grrrrrr....I can't use Imgur on my Fire tablet.

This was in today's in box:

"You're getting this email because you previously identified your Tumblr as adult-oriented. We wanted to give you a heads-up that we've made some changes to our content policies. Starting today, blogs that primarily contain explicit content won’t be visible to minors, people who are using Tumblr in Safe Mode, and people who aren’t logged into Tumblr. Everyone else will be able to interact with your posts as usual."

I'm not really pissed off. I'm feeling out of sorts. Maybe feeling nervous? It's not as strong as it once was but I am not feeling "ok."

Waiting for the "good" shower as my son empties out the entire water reserves on the Eastern seaboard.

Back