What good deed have you done?

Kimikimidoll

Literotica Guru
I'd like to hear about it. And since we're mostly writers here, struggling, established, Noirtrash, whatever- let it be something to do with that craft. Let me lead as example:

I mailed a first-time writer about their story. I had read through it, although it was not up my alley at all but I still did it because they asked politely and actually listened to my suggestions. It had gotten rejected the first time, and they were very upset about it. Sometimes a little care and encouragement is all a person needs.

I want to know, because there seem to be more naysayers and those who love the sound of their own voices more than people who want to help others out with their writing.

I'd like to hear about it. And since we're mostly writers here, struggling, established, Noirtrash, whatever- let it be something to do with that craft. Let me lead as example:

I mailed a first-time writer about their story. I had read through it, although it was not up my alley at all but I still did it because they asked politely and actually listened to my suggestions. It had gotten rejected the first time, and they were very upset about it. Sometimes a little care and encouragement is all a person needs.

I want to know, because there seem to be more naysayers and those who love the sound of their own voices more than people who want to help others out with their writing.

For free, I write stories for readers enjoyment. For free, I sacrifice my mind, my time, my talent, and my fingers. For Free, I write good, wholesome and decent (kind of) family, love stories of a mother's love for her son and a son's love for his mother.

"I love you, Mommy."

"I love you, Son."

Life doesn't get any better than this when writing stories for Literotica for free (lol).

This was a public service announcement and I approve of this announcement.

For free, I write stories for readers enjoyment. For free, I sacrifice my mind, my time, my talent, and my fingers. For Free, I write good, wholesome and decent (kind of) family, love stories of a mother's love for her son and a son's love for his mother.

"I love you, Mommy."

"I love you, Son."

Life doesn't get any better than this when writing stories for Literotica for free (lol).

This was a public service announcement and I approve of this announcement.

lol, that's a valid point, but have you encouraged or helped out anyone directly? What you said is for the readers, I'm asking what you did about the 'writers'.

lol, that's a valid point, but have you encouraged or helped out anyone directly? What you said is for the readers, I'm asking what you did about the 'writers'.

I can't tell you how many writers contact me asking me to read, critique, rewrite, and/or edit their stories. If I read, critiqued, rewrote, and/or edited every story asked of me, I'd never have time to write my own stories.

I tell them all the same thing, to develop their characters.

I've written essays that are posted to my page about writing that I still receive comments about and that were written and posted years ago.

I've told writers not to even bother getting a degree in English. All they need to do is to read, read, and read. Besides, except for the mechanics of writing, no one can teach anyone how to write.

Either you can write or you can't. Either you have the discipline to sit there hour after hour while your friends are out drinking, eating, fucking, sucking, and having fun or you don't.

"Sorry. I need to go rest now."

Many years ago I discovered its futile to offer anything to anyone, the worst ass-whipping I ever got was after I saved a persons life. If you wanna invite real trouble to your life DO THE RIGHT THING.

Then I discovered that insults and ridicule work miracles. I was stunned by the results produced. It takes some balls to laugh at a suicide caller, say GET OFF MY PHONE YOU LOSER, and hang up on them. The caller later told me, I WAS HOLDING A GUN WHEN I CALLED YOU, BUT YOU MADE ME SO MAD I DIDNT WANNA KILL ME, I WANTED TO KILL YOU, BUT I WAS TOO DRUNK. Insults hook the other guys self esteem and get them off the dime. Most just need a punch in the nose.

Many years ago I discovered its futile to offer anything to anyone, the worst ass-whipping I ever got was after I saved a persons life. If you wanna invite real trouble to your life DO THE RIGHT THING.

Then I discovered that insults and ridicule work miracles. I was stunned by the results produced. It takes some balls to laugh at a suicide caller, say GET OFF MY PHONE YOU LOSER, and hang up on them. The caller later told me, I WAS HOLDING A GUN WHEN I CALLED YOU, BUT YOU MADE ME SO MAD I DIDNT WANNA KILL ME, I WANTED TO KILL YOU, BUT I WAS TOO DRUNK. Insults hook the other guys self esteem and get them off the dime. Most just need a punch in the nose.

So...is this a true self-confession?

"I'm glad you did't kill yourself, kind of...sometimes. Everyone serves a purpose. Well, not everyone. What's your purpose again?"

Have you cut down on your drinking? I couldn't help but notice that all your bullets have people's names on them. Maybe you should get rid of the gun too.

Awww, oh my God you two, get a room already! So cute..

(oh, you have made this your room? Sure, fuck all you want with each other!)

Off the top of my head

(1) I'm working with a first time write on LIT who I'm helping write a story. It's not my type of story but he's a friendly guy whose offered me some good feedback on my stuff and he wanted me to write something for him. Instead I started writing it with him and now I'm encouraging him to do the whole thing and just editing and suggesting and critiquing coz he has great ideas, just not the writing experience. And we all know that comes from writing....

(2) Sat down with an older women I work with who has family problems and just was an ear for her to talk to while she tried to figure out what she was doing. We go for coffee together now when we get the chance. I think I'm helping - she was a lot more cheerful last time we talked....

(3) Gave my partner a blowjob to die for this morning :D - and then made him breakfast after he woke up coz he went right back to sleep afterwards. We already had the room so does that count, Kimi?

Off the top of my head

(1) I'm working with a first time write on LIT who I'm helping write a story. It's not my type of story but he's a friendly guy whose offered me some good feedback on my stuff and he wanted me to write something for him. Instead I started writing it with him and now I'm encouraging him to do the whole thing and just editing and suggesting and critiquing coz he has great ideas, just not the writing experience. And we all know that comes from writing....

(2) Sat down with an older women I work with who has family problems and just was an ear for her to talk to while she tried to figure out what she was doing. We go for coffee together now when we get the chance. I think I'm helping - she was a lot more cheerful last time we talked....

(3) Gave my partner a blowjob to die for this morning :D - and then made him breakfast after he woke up coz he went right back to sleep afterwards. We already had the room so does that count, Kimi?

It's okay Chole, you don't need any acknowledgement from me. I've seen you around a bit. Also, I didn't need to know about the blowjob you gave your partner that was to die for. Don't have a cock- but I apologise, maybe the cock carrying ones here may care.

It's okay Chole, you don't need any acknowledgement from me. I've seen you around a bit. Also, I didn't need to know about the blowjob you gave your partner that was to die for. Don't have a cock- but I apologise, maybe the cock carrying ones here may care.

Lol. Okay. And i dont have one either, but theyre fun to play with. Okay okay. No. More. Details. :rose: I just didn't want Suzie and Blackie to be all alone.

Last edited:
I think I help folks coming to Literotica for guidance in navigating the Web site (particularly in getting their stories published here), in writing presentation, and in the publishing industry on a daily basis. That many of them don't want to hear the advice doesn't mean it isn't helpful advice or meant to be--especially in terms of what to expect from the publishing industry, including Literotica.

Last edited:
I think I help folks coming to Literotica for guidance in navigating the Web site (particularly in getting their stories published here), in writing presentation, and in the publishing industry on a daily basis. That many of them don't want to hear the advice doesn't many it isn't helpful advice or meant to be--especially in terms of what to expect from the publishing industry, including Literotica.

I'll second that and buy you a coffee.

I think I help folks coming to Literotica for guidance in navigating the Web site (particularly in getting their stories published here), in writing presentation, and in the publishing industry on a daily basis. That many of them don't want to hear the advice doesn't mean it isn't helpful advice or meant to be--especially in terms of what to expect from the publishing industry, including Literotica.

I agree.

You are one of the most helpful writers here...most times. Other times...well, it depends on the which way the wind blows. Then, you could be a bastard.

"Get off my lawn!"

I spend too much time on community activities to help much on Literotica.

I spend too much time on community activities to help much on Literotica.

Well, you've been good to me a couple of times. So have a lot of other people as I was starting out and this is a good time to say thanks to you and to everyone else who gave me advice and help.:rose::rose: - I just hope I can pass it on in time.

I have been helped a lot here from the very first time I asked some questions right up to today. Since I'm not experienced enough to offer too much technical advice, I do believe encouragement is my main contribution. I've read quite a few stories at the request of others, and more often than not they were not my particular cup of tea. But I could still suggest a few tweaks and encourage them forward.

One thing I know; Everyone here has a unique personality and thus the variety of critique and help offered is an asset, not a liability.

That would actually make a good story.

I'd like to hear about it... let it be something to do with that craft.

Through my stories, I've helped a few people understand who they are, and I know of two readers who are in new relationships as a result.

Related, but not here on Literotica, I got a girl out of an abusive (and incestuous and underage) relationship.

It's not exactly world peace, but it's not bad for fiction as an occasional hobby.

Ultimately though, it's erotica. Not a lot of societal benefit here; this is purely for fun. I do my good deeds other places (and they don't get discussed here.)

They do say that no good deed goes unpunished, so I'm not sure it's wise to admit to such things :)

I don't think I know enough to be of any practical help with writing.
Otherwise, I'd be able to finish several stories in the "Work in Progress" directory.

Back