Sienna's Erotic Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avengers will be a guilty pleasure for me. For years, it was my favorite comic book series. My all-time favorite comic story is an issue of Avengers. I knew / know some of the people who worked on the book over the years. It was the first series I completed (yep, from # 1 up although sadly, had to sell them years later). If you had told a 15-year old Brett that it would be a BIG SCREEN movie some day he would have told you "no way".

I'm still hoping for the Justice League. I know that at one time, a Superman / Batman film was planned, but it got scrapped.

BrettJ

Author / Excelsior / Studmuppet

Avengers will be a guilty pleasure for me. For years, it was my favorite comic book series. My all-time favorite comic story is an issue of Avengers. I knew / know some of the people who worked on the book over the years. It was the first series I completed (yep, from # 1 up although sadly, had to sell them years later). If you had told a 15-year old Brett that it would be a BIG SCREEN movie some day he would have told you "no way".

I'm still hoping for the Justice League. I know that at one time, a Superman / Batman film was planned, but it got scrapped.

BrettJ

my wife who is lurking is hoping we will see it at the drive in. I think its out to early for it but we might be lucky

Wow - some place that still has a Drive In. The one here got demolished years ago and is now a plaza. The first thing in it was a "Toys R Us".

I got the Entertainment Weekly summer issue a few weeks back. It's going to be a busy summer for me, movie-wise. Avengers, Brave, Spiderman and Batman - and those are the ones I can remember.

BrettJ in Canada

BrettJ

I hope there is a justice league too. I read the comics off and on. My Brother in law is a huge fan. We are going to the Avengers Saturday Morning. I do love Robert Downey Jr.

That being said I hope this movie succeeds better then the others. I was disappointed in both Thor and Captian America.

BrettJ

you should check this page out you can chose what movies you want to be updated on (on FB) from concept/rumors up to after theater release
https://www.facebook.com/moviepilotdotcom

Wow - some place that still has a Drive In. The one here got demolished years ago and is now a plaza. The first thing in it was a "Toys R Us".

I got the Entertainment Weekly summer issue a few weeks back. It's going to be a busy summer for me, movie-wise. Avengers, Brave, Spiderman and Batman - and those are the ones I can remember.

BrettJ in Canada

Battleship looks really good. I saw the making of that. Oh and GIJoe, MIB3. There will be some good movies true.

Thanks Mr and Mrs. W. I have been reading comics for over 45 years. I still have a huge collection.

Never was a GI Joe / Transformers guy (I had an ORIGINAL GI Joe, when they were the same size / larger than a Barbie). With MiB, you'd have to shoot me first - I cannot stand Will Smith.

I liked Thor and Captain America, although thought the Red Skull was okay. With the Batman films (newer ones) I've been disappointed in both in ways. Not fussy on the first one, as I did not think Liam Neeson was the right choice to play Ra's Al Ghul (nor was the other actor, Ken Watanabe). Artist Neal Adams based Ra's on actor Christopher Lee visually. With the second one, I intensely disliked Heather Ledger's Joker. He played him too - calm. The Joker is a laughing maniac, Nicholson nailed it. Aaron Eckhart gave a much better performance, IMHO.

Oddly, I really liked Daredevil (there are some scenes that looked like they came right out of the Wally Wood issues or Frank Miller's) although Jennifer Garner was miscast. She is a good actress and gave a good performance, but she isn't Elektra. I also liked the two Fantastic Four films.

Blathering on, I remain

BrettJ in Canada

PS - new BOND for my birthday!

Hi BREEZE and good evening to you.

BrettJ

Author / Working / Sensualist

Not too well BREEZE, mentioned that a few pages back. Just got over a sinus infection and now for reasons inexplicable, my shoulders / arms ache tremendously. I have experienced this several times before and all I can do is ride it out.

On the other hand, doing some work / writing and hoping to submit another piece later tonight.

BrettJ

Author / Possessed of a deviant mind / Sensualist

Gentlemen? Do you know us?

Politeness rules :D And besides, what else should I call you?

Not too well BREEZE, mentioned that a few pages back. Just got over a sinus infection and now for reasons inexplicable, my shoulders / arms ache tremendously. I have experienced this several times before and all I can do is ride it out.

On the other hand, doing some work / writing and hoping to submit another piece later tonight.

BrettJ

Author / Possessed of a deviant mind / Sensualist

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling too well, Brett :(. Hopefully it's only one of those mysterious Spring ailments and that you'll be feeling yourself soon. :)

Not a spring ailment BREEZE, sorry to say. I know what it is and it's an ongoing thing. Were it just the one shoulder (left) it would likely be from my injury at Canada Post (torn rotator cuff). As it goes across the entire shoulder and down the arms, it's probably arthritis flaring up. It may ease up or it may not.

On a positive note, I did finish story 356. Yay me!

BrettJ in Canada

Sorry to hear that, wish I could help you some way :rose:

C'est la vie, as we say over here! Thank you :)

Not a spring ailment BREEZE, sorry to say. I know what it is and it's an ongoing thing. Were it just the one shoulder (left) it would likely be from my injury at Canada Post (torn rotator cuff). As it goes across the entire shoulder and down the arms, it's probably arthritis flaring up. It may ease up or it may not.

On a positive note, I did finish story 356. Yay me!

BrettJ in Canada

I'm sorry to hear :( I do hope it's not your arthritis and that will subside soon. And congrats on your story. 9 more and you'll have written one story for every day of the year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back