Movies you haven't seen, but think you should.

Concussion.

I could say a lot of things about concussions. It would explain a lot of silliness in this world. O.J. Simpson comes to mind.
 
Greed (1924)

Reefer Madness

Villa Rides!

Ben-Hur (1925)
 
The Branaugh version of Murder on the Orient Express. I have been resisting because Suchet is Poiret, but as somebody brought it over, I might have a butcher's ;)
 
Greed (1924)

Reefer Madness

Villa Rides!

Ben-Hur (1925)



i had a chance to see greed on the big screen at a repertory cinema. even though von stroheim's original cut is lost, what's left is still fanatastic. zasu pitts should have been a much bigger star and did gibson gowland ever make another film? the loss of that film is a crime.

and the original ben hur....even though it is heavy handed, not bad. i saw that big screen, too. ramon novarro was quite toothsome and there is male nudity in the film. gore vidal had to have had the original version in mind when he wrote the homoerotic scenes in the heston version. the chariot race in the original is actually better than the remake.
 
The Shape of Water

Don't go out of your way or spend any money.


If the Motion Picture Academy seriously wants to stop the decline in interest in the Oscars, it should stop giving awards to rubbish like this movie.
 
The Branaugh version of Murder on the Orient Express. I have been resisting because Suchet is Poiret, but as somebody brought it over, I might have a butcher's ;)

I saw it about a month ago...it's an OK movie but after you've seen the Sean Connery/Albert Finney version in the 70's you know exactly what's coming:



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071877/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2



Trouble is most adults interested in watching a movie based on a Christie novel will already have seen the 70's version.


The only way to make this new version worthwhile would have been to change the ending.
 
Greed (1924)

Reefer Madness

Villa Rides!

Ben-Hur (1925)

I didn't know there was a 1925 version. I guess that would be the original. I think of Charlton Heston when I see Ben Hur in print or hear it.

Villa Rides! is good. Especially considering the time it was made. The acting is mostly blah.....but I liked it. I didn't fall asleep.
 
The Godfather.

Mob stories, meh.

Supposedly one of the best of our time, though.

If you don't like mobster movies, you definitely will not like The Godfather. I can watch it and know the lines before they speak them.:D
I've seen all the Godfather movies. They mad Al Pacino famous. A lot of old school actors in Godfather I
 
Movies I want to see:

Deep Throat

Salo (100 days of Sodom)

El Topo


having seen all of these around the original release date, let me say.....

deep throat was good at the time. it was a novelty that became a cause celebre. i think you'll be disappointed in it, nowadays.

salo.............i like pier paul pasolini and even i found this heavy going. too much political rhetoric and the sex isn't sexy. it reminded me of "weekend", the godard movie that was so outrageous at the time but no one can figure out why, now.


el topo.................if you don't see it at a midnight movie, under the influence of select substances, you won't enjoy it. his film "the magic mountain" is even more out there. see it if you ever get the chance............preferably the director's cut.
 
I'm one of the 10 people who has never seen Titanic.

I'm sure I'd probably like it. But 3 hours is a long time and I prefer my sappy romance without tragic death, thank you.

as am i. that leaves 8 more people.
 
Greed (1925)

Thanks:rolleyes:, another to add to my growing list.:)

The Shape of Water

Don't go out of your way or spend any money.
If the Motion Picture Academy seriously wants to stop the decline in interest in the Oscars, it should stop giving awards to rubbish like this movie.

Damn, just downloaded it.

Movies I want to see:
Salo (100 days of Sodom)
Couldn't make it through the first 20 minutes.

:rose::rose::rose:
Y Tu Mama Tambien
The Bad Seed - 1956
Eyes Without a Face - 1960
M - 1931
and Greed -1925
 
Back
Top