Beer club

Asked for a Pliny the Elder yesterday as it was on the menu. Sadly they had run out.

Also. I pronounced it Pliny. The guy behind the bar pronounced it PlinEy.

You're pronouncing it correctly, of course. It is a little overrated. Still great, but there are a lot of great ales out there.
 

Attachments

  • aviary-image-1518387070104.jpg
    aviary-image-1518387070104.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0
  • aviary-image-1518387145414.jpg
    aviary-image-1518387145414.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 0
  • aviary-image-1518387611489.jpg
    aviary-image-1518387611489.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
Been on an Other Half tear lately. So good.

Other Half DDH Double Mosaic Dream - 8.5%

https://untappd.com/b/other-half-brewing-company-double-dry-hopped-double-mosaic-dream/1742279

Other Half DDH Mylar Bags - 8.5%

https://untappd.com/b/other-half-brewing-company-double-dry-hopped-mylar-bags/1885153

And the best of the 3

Other Half - Quadrouple Dry Hopped 4th Anniversary - 10%

https://untappd.com/b/other-half-brewing-company-4th-anniversary-imperial-ipa/2494803

Saw the 4th Anniversary in a bar and thought of you :p
 
Gruit, a medieval ale made with a variety of botanicals in lieu of today’s favored bittering ingredient.

Although small, the worldwide movement to bring more attention to Gruit has gained steam, and will be recognized for the sixth straight year with International Gruit Day on February 1. Started by Beau’s in 2013, the celebration of this historical style has expanded from five participating breweries in three countries to more than 60 breweries from nine countries in 2018. At events and beer releases from Australia to South Africa, attendees will be able to try creative recipes like Lamb’s Wool, an apple and spice Gruit from Beau’s made with yarrow, cinnamon, cloves, and unfiltered apple juice, or Earthbound’s Lavender Chicory Gruit, one of its original recipes.

Gruits offer a very different and creative way to understand and experience beer,” says Beauchesne, adding that about 5 percent of the brewery’s production is dedicated to the style. “We have a Gruit Series through which we release three Gruits per year—some fan favorites come back, and sometimes they are new recipes. The idea goes back to about 10 years ago, when [Beau’s] wanted to make a beer that riffed off a 10,000-year-old peat bog close to our brewery, and ended up discovering bog myrtle as a beer ingredient.”


https://www.beeradvocate.com/articl...t-for-inspiration-brewers-gravitate-to-gruit/
 
11694803_10153347726337752_9113368656754204708_n.jpg
 
NEUZZELLER-mord-n-totchlag-web.jpg


Quite nice after blowing the driveway clear.
 
Last edited:
(Dropkick Murphys) members Tim Brennan (guitar), Ken Casey (bass), and Matt Kelly (drums) recently made the trip to Magic Hat’s Burlington, Vt., brewery to sample some brews and come up with a recipe for their own collaboration. They settled on Barroom Hero Pub Ale, a lower ABV (4.2 percent) English-style beer, which was released earlier this month.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifesty...for-barroom/ivajSyD5NRttuDimRzYyCL/story.html
 
Bartender! Michelobe Ultra Lite please! - Got anything non-alcoholic? Is it ok to smoke in here? Anyone got a cigarette? It's been a tough day and I feel like sinning.
 
Ok. It's all good now. I wanted to have a cold one and a smoke to vent my frustrations, but that hasn't happened. Taking into consideration I haven't smoke or drank in.....about a year now? Probably did me a big favor.

Thanks bartender.:rolleyes: No tip for you.
 
Old Foghorn from Anchor Brewing this evening. A nice standard barleywine.
 
Knocking back a Coppertail Independent Pilsner. Only 11:30am here but it is Beer Week and that makes it ok.
 
I'm a long-time beer drinker and homebrewer.

Here in Ohio it's maple season. I just made a seasonal Scotch Ale using maple tree sap instead of the water and added maple syrup to the fermenter as well as the keg. It should be ready to try in a few more days . . . Very small amount of hops, I'm hoping the malt and the maple should compliment each other well.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/114a152727f693f3c7f44615312cf01d/tumblr_nleylidP4Z1s754npo8_1280.jpg

https://78.media.tumblr.com/46c31126b23cb382295243230d9a7801/tumblr_p58jqg72ip1s754npo1_540.jpg
 
Been on an Other Half tear lately. So good.

Other Half DDH Double Mosaic Dream - 8.5%

https://untappd.com/b/other-half-brewing-company-double-dry-hopped-double-mosaic-dream/1742279

Other Half DDH Mylar Bags - 8.5%

https://untappd.com/b/other-half-brewing-company-double-dry-hopped-mylar-bags/1885153

And the best of the 3

Other Half - Quadrouple Dry Hopped 4th Anniversary - 10%

https://untappd.com/b/other-half-brewing-company-4th-anniversary-imperial-ipa/2494803

As you like your Other Half beers, there was a collaboration with Barrier called Secure the Bag which I enjoyed for lunch yesterday.
 
413819605.jpg


Don't Gose Towards the Light

TO OL Brewery

I'm usually not a fan of beers brewed with fruit, but this one is pretty tasty.
 
413819605.jpg


Don't Gose Towards the Light

TO OL Brewery

I'm usually not a fan of beers brewed with fruit, but this one is pretty tasty.

I have had To Øl before. Dangerously Close To Stupid!!!

Some fruit beers are tasty ... others not so much.
 
Back
Top