Tess's Trifles

tumblr_mv34qfEh0E1rbezd2o1_500.jpg

I keep looking at pictures of like, cute winter cabins or whatever on tumblr and thinking, "What scary story could I write about that one?"

Oh, me. Why are you such a creep?

Thank you so much! I love all of them. I particularly like that last one, and the one of the water. Have you had any brainstorms about a water idea?

Need to write something passionate, feel like I'm going to boil over, but I can't fucking focus it anywhere. Hate that.

Need to write something passionate, feel like I'm going to boil over, but I can't fucking focus it anywhere. Hate that.

I hope you don't mind me posting here; I'm always nervous when it's other people's personal space. I'm in similar straights. I want to write, but I'm trying to find my inspiration again. I'm thinking of an Alice post, actually from Massacre, even though nothing has been done on that thread since July.

My thing is that while I've probably written enough words for a series of novels in the last few years, it's all been immediate role play in a preset world. I'm really looking forward to providing my own context and being able to write in depth.

I just have to learn how to do it again!

If you were to think of your top three hottest images right now- the very first three that come to your mind, what would they be?

I hope you don't mind me posting here; I'm always nervous when it's other people's personal space. I'm in similar straights. I want to write, but I'm trying to find my inspiration again. I'm thinking of an Alice post, actually from Massacre, even though nothing has been done on that thread since July.

My thing is that while I've probably written enough words for a series of novels in the last few years, it's all been immediate role play in a preset world. I'm really looking forward to providing my own context and being able to write in depth.

I just have to learn how to do it again!

If you were to think of your top three hottest images right now- the very first three that come to your mind, what would they be?

No, no, absolutely fine! I really love the contributions I've gotten in here so far, I hope it's becoming a safe space to share. I totally identify with creating context - particularly in Massacre, where there's so much space to explore. Writing Emily was difficult because it was very emotionally explorative but also felt like building a sandcastle in a damn cathedral - so much room! So much stuff to look at! I'm really excited to see what you create.

I was really tempted to be cheeky and say this recipe I was looking at for sweet potato hash was the hottest image in my head... But really? Probably something impact driven, like a fight or anger sex (weird, I know), and then water imagery. So, something like being led into water. And then finally touching someone's face. See how oddly specific I get? But it's really in flashes like that, it's bizarre.

Are you able to tap into images like that? I'm kind of having a hard time lately following a coherent piece from passion - starting to rely more on an inspirational image and then methodical outlining, regardless of how natural it feels to just follow a thought.

Back