Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 08-31-2017, 02:35 AM   #2951
cookiecat
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy*seer View Post
Hi all....I haven't been here in awhile because I'm Mom's full time caregiver now, and sometimes it's just too hard or there is never enough time just to reach out and touch base with all of you - a fantastic support system, by the way.
Her cancer has progressed from the lungs to the brain, but she did qualify for a clinical trial - 10 shots of full brain radiation, avoiding the hippocampus to hopefully preserve her memory. We weren't prepared for the after effects that didn't start until a month after the last treatment.
Long story short, I'm working, caregiving and am just grateful for each day we make it through, with the hope of a longer life. No cure - but working on making the time that we have with her the best memories one can have.

Peace, love, healing and light to all of you walking this path.

Being a full-time caregiver is the most insane, challenging, cruel "job" but also has the most rewarding, life-changing moments. Blessings to both you and your mom.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:47 PM   #2952
Shankara20
Better....

Quote:

(((hugs)))

“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.”
― Jack Kerouac

Old 08-31-2017, 01:48 PM   #2953
Shankara20
Better....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecat View Post
Being a full-time caregiver is the most insane, challenging, cruel "job" but also has the most rewarding, life-changing moments. Blessings to both you and your mom.

YES!

― Jack Kerouac

Old 08-31-2017, 03:12 PM   #2954
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Hi all....I haven't been here in awhile because I'm Mom's full time caregiver now, and sometimes it's just too hard or there is never enough time just to reach out and touch base with all of you - a fantastic support system, by the way.
Her cancer has progressed from the lungs to the brain, but she did qualify for a clinical trial - 10 shots of full brain radiation, avoiding the hippocampus to hopefully preserve her memory. We weren't prepared for the after effects that didn't start until a month after the last treatment.
Long story short, I'm working, caregiving and am just grateful for each day we make it through, with the hope of a longer life. No cure - but working on making the time that we have with her the best memories one can have.

I hope you can make memories you will treasure for a lifetime and share enough love to warm and light up the dark places. Hang in there!

Old 08-31-2017, 09:38 PM   #2955
Olderthanthat
Really Experienced

Another rough patch for cmslt2326, so supportive to so many here.

Do help lift her spirits. Give her a shout-out.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #2956
cookiecat
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderthanthat View Post
Another rough patch for cmslt2326, so supportive to so many here.

Do help lift her spirits. Give her a shout-out.

Holding her up in healing thoughts.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:28 PM   #2957
gypsy*seer
Barefoot sage

Location: Near the lakes, forest, & ocean, on a river by the bay....
You all...
always make me feel so much better. I laugh, cry, and take a deep breath all at the same time.
Thank you, I miss being around here.

cmslt2326 You're in my thoughts also

“Blessed are the weird people, poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters and troubadours for they teach us to see the world through different eyes.” -Jacob Nordby

Old 09-01-2017, 01:29 AM   #2958
cmslt2326
Really Really Experienced

Quote:

I could not agree more...Stay strong Gypsy Seer and come see us to get virtual hugs and all the love you can handle. I am so very sorry you and Mom are forced to fight this so hard and I send you strength when you are weak and light when the darkness crowds in...Hope you find whatever joy you can with her each and every day.

Last edited by cmslt2326 : 09-01-2017 at 01:35 AM.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:34 AM   #2959
cmslt2326

Quote:

Holding her up in healing thoughts.

Thanks Babe...I appreciate the support....

Last edited by cmslt2326 : 09-01-2017 at 01:37 AM.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:36 AM   #2960
cmslt2326

Quote:
You all...
always make me feel so much better. I laugh, cry, and take a deep breath all at the same time.
Thank you, I miss being around here.

cmslt2326 You're in my thoughts also
Thank you sweetheart.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #2961
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmslt2326 View Post
I could not agree more...Stay strong Gypsy Seer and come see us to get virtual hugs and all the love you can handle. I am so very sorry you and Mom are forced to fight this so hard and I send you strength when you are weak and light when the darkness crowds in...Hope you find whatever joy you can with her each and every day.
You sweet cmslt2326 , are in my thoughts and prayers. Miss your sweet spirit!

Old 09-13-2017, 01:47 AM   #2962
cascadiabound
The Mystery of RED 銀果

Old 09-13-2017, 10:49 AM   #2963
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascadiabound View Post
Exactly!!!

Old 09-15-2017, 03:11 AM   #2964
GoAztecs
Enjoying the sun

Lymph node is swollen, getting a scan. Trying to think positive it isn't back

Old 09-15-2017, 10:19 AM   #2965
cookiecat
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAztecs View Post
Hi!!! So happy to see you but not happy it's here. Will keep you in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

Old 09-17-2017, 11:41 PM   #2966
Apple_of_Eden
~Fantasizing~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldenburg View Post
I'm absolutely devastated to let you all know my Dad lost his fight.. He died peacefully in my arms at 2.45am 1st July..

I've never felt this sad, angry ( he was let down so bad)) empty in my life.. I just want to lock myself away.. I've never hurt like this before...

😢😢😢
Thoughts and prayers are sent. It is devastating, painful,
and the emptiest feeling one can have when someone we love so very much dies. The hurt is so strong, that the emotional pain becomes physical. Mostly, there are no words of comfort that really help. Things change, life goes on, suddenly everything is different, but somehow...you find strength (after a period of time) and put one foot in front of the other.

I hope you find the strength. Let yourself feel the sadness, cry the tears, and voice the anger. The pain will ebb and flow. Take it as it comes and know, only time will make a difference. The amount of time is unknown.

Again, thoughts and prayers to you.

Quote:

I can only echo some of what has been shared with you already.
Yes, being a caregiver to someone is so very difficult at times. It challenges your body, your mind, your heart, and your spirit. But know this, you will never forget the time you spent together or the very special moments you share. Nothing will make you feel more comfort after she leaves you than knowing you did all you could for her and that you were with her and gave her all your love.

Be strong. I always say, tell your loved one, "I love you" as much as possible.
They're three words you don't want to regret not saying.

Positive thoughts sent your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAztecs View Post
Oh my friend, I'm so sorry to hear you have this worry and concern. I pray it's nothing and all is well. Keep positive. Thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:33 AM   #2967
mcFart
Really Experienced

Just checking in. I've posted some of my story in the links in my sig.

Nice to meet you folks.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:43 AM   #2968
cmslt2326

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotluvsoral View Post
You sweet cmslt2326 , are in my thoughts and prayers. Miss your sweet spirit!
Thank you scotluvsoral. You are such a sweet gentleman and I appreciate your support.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:56 AM   #2969
cmslt2326

Thank you for the support

Hi all...

This is cmslt2326 and I can not thank you enough for all the support here.

Recently I found a small lump and some swelling in my left breast (the one that previously had cancer in it). After several weeks and multiple tests I can tell you that the lump is benign and the swelling is a swollen milk duct. The doctors will continue to monitor it but feel that it is not serious. Yayyyy.

A minor little addition to this is that I recently passed out and fell giving myself a fairly severe concussion. The headaches are intense and the double vision, nausea and other side effects quite honestly are no fun. This thread has been such a lifesaver for me at times and again I can not thank you all enough...Lots of love.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:04 AM   #2970
cmslt2326

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcFart View Post
Just checking in. I've posted some of my story in the links in my sig.

Nice to meet you folks.
Welcome to our little community and yes you look great...

Congratulations on surviving all you have been through and I hope things continue to improve from here...

Old 09-18-2017, 09:56 AM   #2971
need_2_cum
Literotica Guru

Yaaaaaaayyyyyy !

Quote:
Hi all...

Recently I found a small lump and some swelling in my left breast (the one that previously had cancer in it). After several weeks and multiple tests I can tell you that the lump is benign and the swelling is a swollen milk duct. The doctors will continue to monitor it but feel that it is not serious. Yayyyy.

A minor little addition to this is that I recently passed out and fell giving myself a fairly severe concussion. The headaches are intense and the double vision, nausea and other side effects quite honestly are no fun. This thread has been such a lifesaver for me at times and again I can not thank you all enough...Lots of love.
Yaaaaahhhhhh on the duct lump .....and Boooooo on the head lump! So happy for your positive news ...please continue on your road to recovery .

Old 09-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #2972
scotluvsoral
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Hi all...

*Scooping you up and giving you a HUGE hug* Hip, Hip Hoorayyyyy! And as for the concussion...STOP HURTING YOURSELF! *LOL* Glad you are going to be getting better, sweetie!!!

Old 09-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #2973
Curious_in_Cali
Terribly Human

June 2017 - He seemed like he was losing weight and kind of not feeling well sort of sick.

July 2017 - Fell into a coma as they finally found 3 brain lesions from lymphoma and we all prayed for a miracle as they added chemo.

August 2017 - The doctors chins dropped and heads slowly shook back and forth.

September 2017 - He passed away after 7 days of hospice at home at the age of 33.

Everyday since we are all living with hearts that are heavy and crackled.

FYC

Old 09-18-2017, 01:02 PM   #2974
Shankara20
Better....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_in_Cali View Post
June 2017 - He seemed like he was losing weight and kind of not feeling well sort of sick.

July 2017 - Fell into a coma as they finally found 3 brain lesions from lymphoma and we all prayed for a miracle as they added chemo.

August 2017 - The doctors chins dropped and heads slowly shook back and forth.

September 2017 - He passed away after 7 days of hospice at home at the age of 33.

Everyday since we are all living with hearts that are heavy and crackled.

FYC

((()))

― Jack Kerouac

Old 09-18-2017, 01:10 PM   #2975
Olderthanthat
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_in_Cali View Post
My sincere condolences.