Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 10-15-2017, 06:44 PM   #1976
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
I managed to do some serious re-ordering of words in one story which has been on the stocks for months and managed to add about another 5k.
I have another which I doubt will be finished in time for Halloween but should be.
But I'm beginning to feel better about being 'creative'; I have loads of paragraphs and pages of nonsense just begging to be completed, but I am hopeless at working out the idea ending.

Oh well, time for a pre-bedtime cup of tea, I think
Yay!

Sweet dreams when you get there.

Old Yesterday, 05:37 AM   #1977
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaPractica View Post
Yay!

Sweet dreams when you get there.
Good Morning, Mags.
I have actually managed a relatively decent night's kip, for a change and I think I'll do a bit o' shoppin' in a bit.

Meanwhile, Coffee . . . .

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #1978
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Happy Moanday. The coffee is ready The kettle is hot. Help yourself.

Morning HP, how's the hurricane research coming?

All Stories By TxRad

Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM   #1979
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

It's cold. We haven't even reached fifty yet this morning.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #1980
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lynn_ View Post
It's cold. We haven't even reached fifty yet this morning.
We had our first frost this morning. Officially it didn't get below 37, but I had frost on the lawn. I won't know how damaging it was until I get home this afternoon.

The big ballooning event officially ended yesterday, but there were still dozens of balloons flying this morning.

I was so distracted when I left home that I left my travel mug of coffee behind. Now I'm drinking a cup made from the beans that have been sitting in my office since last winter. I dumped the beans. The coffee is awful.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
Most recent stories were chapters 18-20 and chapter 21 of Unlikely Angels.
Up next is "An Unwilling Hero." Like "The Third Ring," it will be a legend of Urta.

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #1981
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Happy Moanday. The coffee is ready The kettle is hot. Help yourself.

Morning HP, how's the hurricane research coming?
Well, according to the News, Ireland is suffering (4 dead so far). Some parts of Wales are experiencing downed trees (it's not nice when it's your car's under it) and there are the usual "Power outages" (we used to call it "mains failure") and "schools have been closed as a precaution" (perhaps the local councils do not want the responsibility?), drivers of high-sided vehicles are advised to stay off certain roads and bridges, and householders advised to check any garden furniture and maybe tie it down.

If this storm moves a few miles East, I'm in serious trouble.

Now then, where's that damned coffee pot gone . . . . ?

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #1982
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Well, according to the News, Ireland is suffering (4 dead so far). Some parts of Wales are experiencing downed trees (it's not nice when it's your car's under it) and there are the usual "Power outages" (we used to call it "mains failure") and "schools have been closed as a precaution" (perhaps the local councils do not want the responsibility?), drivers of high-sided vehicles are advised to stay off certain roads and bridges, and householders advised to check any garden furniture and maybe tie it down.

Good luck and stay safe old friend. Has anyone warned our Miss Professor in Wales to tie her tits down there's going to be a blow?

The coffee pot is where it always is, on the back counter. Put your glasses on.

The house guest and housemate are shopping today so i have some quiet writing time until they return. Not that they are noisy when around, just distracting in a naked sort of way.

All Stories By TxRad

Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #1983
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

A warm, dry early afternoon here in the Shitty of San Narcisco. (That's San Fran to you furriners.) After yesterday's playings with grandkids and feastings on the celeb-chef son-in-law's ruinations of of our diets, we awoke late in our downtown Wyndham hostelry. The in-room coffee isn't too bad as long we double-up on grounds and add sweet cocoa. Damn, should have brought rum.

So we're about to go staggering across Union Square and up (and down) into Chinatown again. We'll likely emerge with many dried mushrooms, a PK-mount camera lens, several silly toys, and maybe some carved jade stuff. We might be floating in green tea, too. Could happen.

Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #1984
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Good luck and stay safe old friend. Has anyone warned our Miss Professor in Wales to tie her tits down there's going to be a blow?

The coffee pot is where it always is, on the back counter. Put your glasses on.

The house guest and housemate are shopping today so i have some quiet writing time until they return. Not that they are noisy when around, just distracting in a naked sort of way.
Our Miss Professor in Wales is well aware of the perils, I believe.
<changes glasses> Oh is that where you hid the coffee pot ?
Sorry, Reading glasses don't seem to work at any distance over about twice arms length. I must try to remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
A warm, dry early afternoon here in the Shitty of San Narcisco. (That's San Fran to you furriners.)
Damn, should have brought rum.

So we're about to go staggering across Union Square and up (and down) into Chinatown again. We'll likely emerge with many dried mushrooms, a PK-mount camera lens, several silly toys, and maybe some carved jade stuff. We might be floating in green tea, too. Could happen.
And no camera ??(I do not count that thing on a even the most modern 'phone as a camera).
What PK lenses do you need ?

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #1985
sharingfantasies
Ratiocinator

Location: No longer with 14 million other people. In a cabin in the pines.
Quote:

I don't know about your schools, but in the US, schools often closed in case of major emergencies for two reasons. One, parents and children feel better if they are together; and two, the schools are often opened as refuge centers for those people that lose power or have to evacuate. Schools usually have generators that back up their electricity and they have a supply of emergency materials. I know my school was required to have barrels of water, first aid supplies, flashlights, blankets etc. I am not positive but I think they also kept MREs in the emergency bins. School employees are considered first responders and, if not at school already, are required to report to their school or the nearest school they can access. If the children are at the school when the emergency occurs, they must be kept there until a parent comes for them.

Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #1986
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
And no camera ??(I do not count that thing on a even the most modern 'phone as a camera).
I already possess some and yes, they're larger than cigarette packs.
Quote:
What PK lenses do you need ?
'Need' is rather a stretch as 66 PK-mount lenses currently own me. I'd like to replace the Vivitar-Kiron 24/2 whose aperture won't stop-down but I'm not likely to find such among the Grant Avenue discounters and sucker-trolls. I'll just see what jumps out and bites me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingfantasies View Post
I don't know about your schools, but in the US, schools often closed in case of major emergencies for two reasons.
Out here in semi-rural country, they also become livestock refuges and wildlife rescue centers. Articles from Sonoma County talk of schoolyards becoming "Noah's Arks".

Last edited by Hypoxia : Yesterday at 06:56 PM.

Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #1987
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingfantasies View Post
I don't know about your schools, but in the US, schools often closed in case of major emergencies for two reasons. One, parents and children feel better if they are together; and two, the schools are often opened as refuge centers for those people that lose power or have to evacuate. Schools usually have generators that back up their electricity and they have a supply of emergency materials. I know my school was required to have barrels of water, first aid supplies, flashlights, blankets etc. I am not positive but I think they also kept MREs in the emergency bins. School employees are considered first responders and, if not at school already, are required to report to their school or the nearest school they can access. If the children are at the school when the emergency occurs, they must be kept there until a parent comes for them.
now I'm remembering all the bomb drills we used to go through when I was in school, heading under the desks.
Certainly wouldn't fit there anymore

She was never as simple as she led them to believe; She was the keeper of a secret flame, and she waited patiently for somebody to see it, and love it, as it burned.--Jose Chaves - Seen, Loved, and Cherished

"You sir, have a mucky mind" - Dianthus 7/26/10
"Yes, it's official. You are cute!" - slave_ 09/09/10
"Now, you are a cute smart ass" - slave_ 10/21/10
"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

I'm a perverted, smut minded, slave owning, poly-amorous, bisexual Buddhist - been a Hell of a journey getting me here but I love the destination Me

product of my mucky mind

Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #1988
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by litfan10 View Post
now I'm remembering all the bomb drills we used to go through when I was in school, heading under the desks.
Certainly wouldn't fit there anymore
I got tossed out of school for three days when i wouldn't get under my desk. Well, maybe it was what I told the teacher.

"Miss Whateverthefuckhernamewas, this little metal and wood desk isn't going to do a danged thing when that bomb goes off across the river at Barksdale. (SAC Headquarters for the AirFarce) We'll still be a puff of dust on a hot radioactive wind."

She nor the Principle particularly liked facts unless they gave them. Not to mention, I probably scared the rest of the class to death.

I had way too much information for my age. The result of spending a Summer reading the encyclopedia. The whole encyclopedia.

All Stories By TxRad

Last edited by TxRad : Yesterday at 10:43 PM.

Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM   #1989
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
I got tossed out of school for three days when i wouldn't get under my desk. Well, maybe it was what I told the teacher.

"Miss Whateverthefuckhernamewas, this little metal and wood desk isn't going to do a danged thing when that bomb goes off across the river at Barksdale. (SAC Headquarters for the AirFarce) We'll still be a puff of dust on a hot radioactive wind."

She nor the Principle particularly liked facts unless they gave them. Not to mention, I probably scared the rest of the class to death.

I had way too much information for my age. The result of spending a Summer reading the encyclopedia.
I remember looking at the scrawny desks then the classic mushroom cloud black and white news reels then back to the desks thinking "They're funny."
But for once I kept my opinions to myself.

She was never as simple as she led them to believe; She was the keeper of a secret flame, and she waited patiently for somebody to see it, and love it, as it burned.--Jose Chaves - Seen, Loved, and Cherished

"You sir, have a mucky mind" - Dianthus 7/26/10
"Yes, it's official. You are cute!" - slave_ 09/09/10
"Now, you are a cute smart ass" - slave_ 10/21/10
"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

I'm a perverted, smut minded, slave owning, poly-amorous, bisexual Buddhist - been a Hell of a journey getting me here but I love the destination Me

product of my mucky mind

Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM   #1990
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Point of order. The SAC Headquarters were at Offutt, outside Omaha. SAC no longer exists due to post-cold war reorganization.

Before I looked up Barksdale, I didn't even know that B-52s existed anymore outside of museums (and old recordings).

I grew up near Cannon, Walker, and Ellsworth SAC bases. I think Cannon still exists, but I don't know what they're doing. Walker (famous for the Roswell ET episode) was closed in the 1960's. Ellsworth is still there but they fly B-1s, and they're probably no more than a 10th of what they were in the 1970s.

Maxwell and Gunter (both at Montgomery, Alabama) still exist, but only for training. My youngest daughter had the fairly bizarre experience of dancing a ballet at Maxwell, with a mothballed B-52 as the backdrop to the stage. I saw the video. It was odd.

I checked Google Earth on Ellsworth and was shocked. They had an on-base population of about 25,000, but the large neighborhoods where I once drove a school bus to a Catholic school in the adjacent town are all gone now. Apparently the houses and apartments were picked up and moved rather than destroyed.

I'm fairly comfortable with the idea that we no longer need such a massive nuclear presence. Unfortunately, that probably just means that we're now a more efficient world-destroying machine, not a weaker one.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
Most recent stories were chapters 18-20 and chapter 21 of Unlikely Angels.
Up next is "An Unwilling Hero." Like "The Third Ring," it will be a legend of Urta.

Old Today, 01:10 AM   #1991
ishtat
Literotica Guru

Quote:

I had way too much information for my age. The result of spending a Summer reading the encyclopedia. The whole encyclopedia.
Cassels Book of World Knowledge in 8 volumes - about 1930. For a kid on a farm in the 60's with no TV (Parents didn't like 'em) this was the most amazing book imaginable - a lot of print with brown sepia photographs, I read every word of it, it was my wonderland.

Old Today, 01:53 AM   #1992
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by litfan10 View Post
I remember looking at the scrawny desks then the classic mushroom cloud black and white news reels then back to the desks thinking "They're funny."
I grew up 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, 4 miles east of a missile plant, and 30 miles west of two significant US Air Force bases. All my future in-laws worked at that missile plant. Everyone in the area knew that nukes would be the end. "Duck-and-cover" never made it to my grammar schools. Why bother?

No, when hell falls from the skies, it'll be best to be right underneath, looking up, sipping a nice cuppa something. Irish coffee, right.