His Partners Daughter (closed)

She sat in her office and sank into work reading reports and messaging one of her other officers at the firm about the computer stuff they were working on

Billy turned and extended his hand.

Thank you Sebastian that means a lot, it is just hard to hear your greatest fears realized. That the woman you are positive you are ready to make a lifelong commitment to, is not prepared to do that back, and might never be.

Let's go find your daughter, I think she will want to see us together

I never said she wouldn't be Billy. I just said take things a little slow. She loves you that is absolutely certain she just...

He thought for a moment

In no way saying my daughter is fragile just that when it comes to things like this treat it like an antique rare fragile crystal. She may be fearless in her field but in her heart, she has spent a lifetime ignoring it and sadly with good reason. You do know you are one of the reasons why I brought her on board you know? I never do anything without layers of reason old boy you know that.

As for where she is her room or her home office probably unamused with us or at least me. The sound of that old solid door closing was not missed by me.

Billy nodded, but then realized something Sebastian had said

Me?

Why would you bring her on for me?

He just smiled and went to find his daughter leaving Billy to think about that in reaction to how open he has been to them like he knew it might happen.

Knocking on the door to her home office

Ready to eat?

Billy could only wonder as Sebastian walked away

Was it possible he had forseen this, almost set it up

It seemed nearly impossible, matters of the heart were not, nor ever had been her father's strength

Sebastian may not have been good in matters of the heart but he could see the big picture and knew how to guide matters in a general direction that he could see being a good investment for everyone involved and well it gave his daughter a reason to join the firm and to stay in town far from her mother. Not that it would have taken all of this but he had to be sure.

What do you want dad?

She opened the door it was written all over her face she had caught some of their talk even if she had not wanted to.

We are just about ready for everything let me help you get everything set up?

Fine... His fear and hurt about my fears about this hurt enough so kindly back off no need to help scare him off even more by trying to explain them even more.

She walked past him with a sigh and back to the kitchen.

The balcony out there by the grill and fire pit.

Billy saw them come back, standing with the steaks

There was a day when he would have been gone, long gone, looking for any reason to run away from risking caring for someone who would only let him fown

But not now, not with her, he stood there, with her, wanting her

He wasn’t going anywhere, not unless she told him to leave

And even then, he would fight like hell to stay!

She smiled to Billy carrying stuff out then went and grabbed her bottle of bourbon and their scotch and sat down.

So everything lookjs great... let's eat

Billy puts the steaks on the plates, and the grilled vegetables on plates

He brings out a bottle of red wine as well

Can I pour anyone a glass of wine along with the bourbon and scotch?

Everything looks delicious, let's celebrate as a family

Sure love

She smiled and walked over to the table

Its all wonderful love

HEr father nodded in agreement

Billy watched her, and Sebastian

There was so much unsaid, perhaps there always would be

He raised his glass

Here is to the first of many of these

She smiled and lifted the wine glass glancing at both of them with a smile.

Yes

Billy was more comfortable Sebastian was supportive, perhaps highly supportive

Her mother though....

... that might be a different story!

Her phone rang as she moved to the kitchen for a moment to get her cell. She just stared at it walking out to the deck with a sigh... Tossing it on the chaise she sat down her mood clearly soured a little.

Sebastian picked it up and saw "Missed call Debra"

I see your mother called.

I will listen to whatever petty rant she has some other time.

Ember shook her head and motioned for him to just toss the phone back where she had it or off the balcony deck she really didn't care in that moment.

Where were we?

It was the first time Billy could remember her mother calling while he was around

He looked at Sebastian who only raised his brow

Sebastian laughed at her dismissal of her mother and then looked at them

So, do either your brothers or your mother know about the two of you...you should consider telling her brothers together...they will be intimidated, they are already intimidated by you Billy...now if you are with their sister...

He reared his head back laughing

You were the first to know. Jacob barely talks to me... Remember he was always all about mom so clearly believes everything she says about me. And Max...

She shrugged.

I will leave that to you to arrange daddy they might listen to you about coming to see us

I understand that Max and Jacob might question my motives

Hopefully you don't, but if there is ever a question, I will leave a letter of resignation on file

It will be your decision Sebastian, if you ever want to accept it

I would also be glad to talk to them directly, with you, or we would love to host them here

Now her mother, I have no idea how to break that news...I assume she hates the idea of someone like me in Ember's life?

Don't you dare place a letter in any file like that

Ember spoke up.

Dad would know better than to ever accept it. As for my brothers let Daddy handle them and my mother... I will deal with her when I get good and ready... IF ever.

Billy looked at Ember, and wasn't thrilled with the way she had taken his gesture, but Sebastian understood

He is just showing honor, making sure no one ever thinks his love for you has anything to do with material gain and I appreciate it...I doubt either Jacob or Max would do the same

However, since I made you a partner long before you dated, (he smiled) or maybe even more with my daughter, it seems entirely unnecessary

Ember is right though, let me take first shot at the boys, however, as for your Mother, when was the last time I was able to convince her or even mildly persuade her...that is up to you two to work out

She nodded knowing she would at some time have to deal with her mother.

As for my brother's yes dad deal with them.

Billy decided to turn it to a more friendly topic, at least from his standpoint

Tell me Sebastian, what was Ember like as a little girl

Sugar and spice and everything nice...or the fierce little lady I fell in love with?

I want to hear all the stories!

Sebastian's smile held an edge of sadness but it was still a smile.

Wild as ever. Her mother tries to keep her shoved into that perfect money mild but she fought back hard till she flipped and began blaming her for everything and the wild became complete.

Billy smiled, warm and genuine

Are there any pictures of you as a little girl, maybe if we....

He stopped, they never had discussed children, they had never really discussed any type of future, only moving in together now

Sebastian knew where he was headed with that and watched him for a long moment as if to say what part of slow do you not get.

I am sure daddy has some lurking around somewhere.

Back