Alternate Blurting I: Wasteland

idiots.jpg

"I fear the day i help create a bomb so destructive that when used on innocent women and children twice, and i become death itself, people will still be stupid enough to remember me fondly." - Albert Einstein.

2752nd post

The thinking was, however erroneously, that the two bombs ended the war more quickly and thus with less suffering.

But of course, you Nazis don't care about women and children as you killed not 10 000s, but murdered millions of them.

I had a beautiful cup of French press with a dollop of homemade heavy whipping cream propped on the edge of my bath. I knocked it right in in my excitement when the oldest munchkin told me her latest ACT score. :eek:

Well alright, good for her! :D:D

I feel that the ACT is more of a comprehensive test than the SAT because it includes science.

Well alright, good for her! :D:D

I feel that the ACT is more of a comprehensive test than the SAT because it includes science.

Thanks! :rose:

She usually tests very well, but she was so wrapped up on watching the time that her score was suffering. She was nervous during the science section this time, and you can see it in her score. Thank goodness for super scoring.

I had a beautiful cup of French press with a dollop of homemade heavy whipping cream propped on the edge of my bath. I knocked it right in in my excitement when the oldest munchkin told me her latest ACT score. :eek:

I will mourn the loss of your coffee with less fervor than I will celebrate munchkin's achievement. Although that is not to downplay the loss of the coffee. That is very sad indeed.

:D

Brilliantly executed humble brag. This is how it is done folks:

A sincere congratulations on their achievement and your well justified parental pride. Seeing one's offspring succeed and thrive is largely the point of life, in my view.

Well done.

Thanks! :rose:

She usually tests very well, but she was so wrapped up on watching the time that her score was suffering. She was nervous during the science section this time, and you can see it in her score. Thank goodness for super scoring.

Well she has a super mom! :rose:

I will mourn the loss of your coffee with less fervor than I will celebrate munchkin's achievement. Although that is not to downplay the loss of the coffee. That is very sad indeed.

:D

It was a really good and full cup of coffee.

A sincere congratulations on their achievement and your well justified parental pride. Seeing one's offspring succeed and thrive is largely the point of life, in my view.

Well done.
Thanks. I suppose celebrating a score without mentioning what it was could been seen as bragging. Not like the real bragging I was just doing in private. :eek:

Well she has a super mom! :rose:

💋💋 You’re pretty super yourself!

Congratulations on having such a smart kid! Hopefully he or she will get into the college of his/her choice!

At first, I wondered what prompted the above bitter snark....

...then I remembered none of Queew's children were bright enough to attend college.

Shoots blanks, misses the target, and still thinks he's a crack shot. So desperate for a win, he probably cheats at solitaire. If I could be bothered, I'd find a nice participation ribbon for him, but... ehhh. It's the thought that counts.

I like faint tracks through the woods leading up to some high vantage point on the valley rim.

What a day, run, run, run. :eek:

congrats :confetti:

you've been a busy busy man today :heart:

mowing the veggie garden before the trip to lowes with ma'am, her friend, and i, stopping off on the way home to buy that pretty pecan tree. offloading everyone and their purchases, taking ma'am with her ill cat to the vet, doing more garden-y stuff as i napped, helping me dig the hole for the tree, up to the woods with me to get a pail of peat, back to set the tree in place, watering everything we've planted... yep, you've been busy as all get out. :rose::rose:

So I like to collect the various versions of Monopoly. Don't go out of my way to get them but when I find one I don't have and have the extra money I'll pick it up. So I saw the GoT version the other day and was going to get it but then stopped and wondered...what happens if you lose?
Doesn't seem worth the risk.

Snuck in 9 holes yesterday for the first golf of the season. I'm not sore so I must have kept in game shape over the winter. Just like last year, I can't putt.

Jelly Belly should ban their bubblegum flavored beans. They just aren’t right.

Also, llamas gonna drama.

Back