Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 04-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #26
TarnishedPenny
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by philos View Post
I am doing better and appreciated all the well wishes and support but I’m still curious how others cope. I’m going to the gym more often and saw a therapist yesterday. Just making the appointment helped.
Both very good ideas!

All my stories

My latest story: Film Noir

Old 04-20-2019, 05:35 AM   #27
philos
Literotica Guru

I’m just kind of surprised more people didn’t have something to add. Movies can help me get out of my way of thought. Especially at the theater. I can lose myself for a few hours.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #28
Athalia
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by philos View Post
I am doing better and appreciated all the well wishes and support but I’m still curious how others cope. I’m going to the gym more often and saw a therapist yesterday. Just making the appointment helped.
Good for you! If part of your counseling includes meditation, so much the better. I've found that to be very helpful when I was going through my own darkest days. And a good component of that is setting ... some place where you feel secure, and feel that nature is going on around you in its own way.

Sometimes it was a park bench in a more secluded part of a park, sometimes it was a rock on a river bank that I had to walk for a half a mile to reach. In both of those cases, the important thing was to try to tune out my own anxieties and tune in to this glorious mechanism that is nature, busy pursuing its own goals and taking no notice of me. It sounds strange, but my feeling insignificant somehow helped me that my own troubles were equally insignificant in the great scheme of things.

I've also taken solace in church, and have been part of a Christian outreach program for some decades now. But I'm careful about recommending a religious answer because it means so many different things to different people, and I've become convinced that a good path for one person may be a disastrous path for another. Rather, I'd tell you not to seek out a particular set of religious beliefs, but let them find you.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions