Bitching about Boston

Up and down the North-East coast


Masconomet and Ipswich schools were closed for the day Monday, as were many schools in the Merrimack Valley.

National Weather Service meteorologist Joe Dellicarpini said there were reports of downed trees and power lines around the region and roads that were impassable in spots due to flash flooding.

Flash flood and high wind warnings were issued across the region. Dellicarpini said parts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts saw wind gusts of up to 70 mph or more. Conimicut Light on Narragansett Bay in Rhode Island reported a wind gust of 81 mph.

The storm began making its way up the East Coast on Sunday, which also was the fifth anniversary of Superstorm Sandy. That 2012 storm devastated the nation's most populous areas, was blamed for at least 182 deaths in the U.S. and Caribbean and more than $71 billion in damage in this country alone.


http://www.salemnews.com/news/storm...cle_5509459c-bd50-11e7-b1be-ef423f1b7c03.html
 
I knew it was on its way, but I forgot to look!

Friday, November 10 - Veterans Day

City offices closed. Sunday parking rules in effect. BCYF Community Centers are closed. Boston Public Libraries are open, but will close on Saturday, November 11
 
I need a $1,000.00 phone to remind me to look. (Or, not look. There are some things, that you cannot un-see. yikes)
 
The jobs moved to the other side of the border. The lights across the water, jeered at the towns. Then, the jobs moved to Asia. The water stopped reeking. The fish came back. Border jumpers more numerous, than ever. Locals acquired affluent disease.

The farms were sold, because the heirs did not want to farm. Who was keeping up the care of the riding trails ? (horseback) Nearly every family member has a vehicle.

'No self-respecting town would bring this upon itself. It just shows a measure of desperation.'

November 4, 2017

A key trail entrance to Ride the Wilds sits at the edge of Gorham’s main business district. Since 2013, the state and town both made the trails easier to access by allowing ATVs to drive on some of the main roads


If Gorham were to scale back on its road access for off-road vehicles, Bergeron says “it will make us a ghost town, it will be economic suicide.”


Some local business owners who weren’t directly profiting from the off-road industry also expressed doubts about Gorham’s embrace of off-road vehicles — but several declined to speak on-the-record, because the issue has become so sensitive and they worried about offending their neighbors.

‘The machines keep getting bigger and bigger…and the bigger they are, the more noise they make.’

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...s-in-northern-new-hampshire-clash-with-locals


“They’re still just people coming to enjoy the White Mountains, you know.”
 
Whiff of snow, on the air, today. The sexy sandals have given way to feminine slippers. The filmy dresses and skirts are under coats. Boston's California fall , has taken an exit.

*my flowers! I have forgotten to cover them!*
 
Local weather announcer said 9 1/2 hour countdown, until the cold Arctic air starts to leak into Boston communities.
To the North, is 5f- 15f. brrrrrrrr!
Who will be suffering with 22f, tomorrow night ?A wild and windy day. Wind chill ? Ouch level.

Cold weekend! Nearly freezing during the day.
Below freezing at night.
ow!

It is always coldest, next to the warmest, just like the brightest sun is next to the deepest shadow ?

This was planned, all wrong. Who is responsible ? Pattagucci is not selling enough luxury fun ?

pbbbttthhhttt!
 
Nationally, the traffic app Waze predicts the worst pre-holiday drive time will be 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 21, according to a news release.


Worst times to drive around Boston:

(based on the app’s data from November 2016)

Tuesday, Nov. 21: 3-5 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 22: 2-4 p.m.
Thanksgiving: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 24: 1-3 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 25: noon-2 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 26: noon-2 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 27: 3-5 p.m.


https://www.boston.com/cars/car-news/2017/11/15/worst-thanksgiving-traffic-boston

Google has done some of the legwork—or car work, in this case—for you, analyzing map data to find the best time to get out of Dodge during the holiday weekend. T


The good news is that avoiding the rush is possible; the bad news is that a smooth highway cruise will require you to depart at 3 a.m. on Wednesday. If you’re traffic-averse but find a 3 a.m. wake up absurd, leaving at the slightly more reasonable hour of 6 a.m. on Thursday is another safe bet. On the back end of the weekend, try to head out at 5 a.m. or 6 a.m. on Sunday to have the best shot at a quick ride.


http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2017/11/14/boston-thanksgiving-traffic/

Most likely to coincide with deer herds crossing the road, or drunk drivers driving on the wrong side of the road, or entering an exit ?

Weston, MA

Nov 9, 201

Officers responded to Wellesley Street at 5:25 p.m. where a preliminary investigation suggested that a sedan traveling southbound struck a male deer.


According to the Middlesex District Attorney's office and Weston police, the impact caused the deer to be thrown into the northbound lane, where it hit the windshield of a minivan traveling in the opposite direction.

The passengers in the first vehicle were not injured.


https://www.necn.com/news/new-engla...ough-Windshield-in-Weston-Mass-456353883.html
 
A little bit too much, of an accurate punch to the nose

Newbury Street investors do not want to accept a marijuana dispensary anywhere near their precious high end stores, privately owned buildings, or condos.

One of our Boston locals took a swing at their pretentions!

"For goodness sake, Newbury Street is our high end shopping district. We don’t want people like that scaring off the clientele," he said.

"There are Army vets with PTSD and we don’t want them in the neighborhood," said Curme at the meeting. "Just give me a break, they can get over it."

Women with breast cancer … they all have that cadaverous look … and they all wear those ridiculous turbans."


https://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Back-Bay-Resident-Shocks-Crowd-at-Zoning-457874153.html

(Satire, with too much truth in it ?)


"The point that I was trying to make is a marijuana dispensary is going to bring in people who really need this - people who are sick, people who have cancer or some other thing, and this is the only choice for them," he said.


"If you listen to what I said it was so over the top that I think it’s the only way (my comments) could have been construed."

gsgs comment

What is not being said, is Newbury Street is not located on an island. Kenmore Square and Copley Square are not far away. Mass Ave is nearby. Boston is a college town, and a service city. What they do not want, is all of those young people, and all of their "sub cultures" finding a reason to crowd into Newbury Street, again. The gigantic mega- store closed down a long while, ago. Gentrification has set in.
 
Out of state trouble-makers connected with Far Right Extremists, were denied a permit for a rally, at Boston Public Park. There was a marathon scheduled for the day.(Citython 5K)


100 self styled internet stars, twirps, and goons arrived to spoil everyone's weekend. 1,000 people showed up to tell them that Boston does not tolerate racists, bigiot, and Anti-Semitic arseholes.

Protesters clad in camouflage and Make America Great Again hats clashed with counterprotesters wearing black and chanting anti-fascist slogans on Boston Common Saturday afternoon, in a rally and counterprotest that saw heated words and a few arrests but no serious violence.


The rally, called Rally for the Republic, started at about noon, when attendees marched onto Boston Common toward the bandstand -- and a phalanx of counterprotesters.


After a few moments of tension, police turned the rallygoers around and marched them into the bandstand from another direction, checking for weapons before allowing people inside the gated-off area.



Media was allowed into the bandstand on Saturday’s rally


https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...start-rally/nV4lk69HvYxATCjWZuqMHN/story.html


November 17, 2017

The group was granted a permit to hold its event on Sunday, but was denied one for Saturday. The city said it had already granted a permit to a road race that raises money for a youth summer camp serving Boston's at-risk neighborhood.

http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/11/17/resist-marxism-free-speech-rally


Disruption, disregard, disrespect. and burdening the city with debt, to pay for their nonsense.
 
Last edited:
It is Friday, and the skating rink at City Hall Plaza is open. Let us see if they can hire someone that can drive a Zamboni, this year.
 
Monday, they cracked a safe open in New Hampshire State House.

House Chief of Staff Terry Pfaff, and the speaker pushed to make the safecracking a public event, and several dozen people showed up.

It's still not clear how long the safe had been locked, but the locksmith who cracked it -- free of charge -- said that breaking in wasn't easy.

"This was a bear," said Marty Russo of Kamco Lock Solutions.

Russo said the 150-year-old lock failed after someone set the same two combination numbers back to back.

"The gates wouldn't line up just a hair, and they interfered with each other," he said.


http://www.wmur.com/article/mysterious-vault-in-nh-state-house-to-be-opened/13931933


A mysterious vault that has been locked for about 70 years is finally being opened at the New Hampshire Statehouse.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-n...ault-in-new-hampshire-statehouse-to-be-opened
 
I will say it.
I bought it.
I was excitedly anticipating real snowfall, last night. I should know better. New England's middle name is unpredictable.

44 tons of road salt, for Boston. That should help on the major highways. Greasy gopher guts snow on the roads. Who put their snow tires on? Autumne just ended on Thursday! My annuals are droopy dead. yuk


Considering, that the New Tornado Alley East is burdened with channeling what drifts North from the South, the Southern storm fronts that brought rare snow to NOLA, will bring snow to Western MA Massholes.

What we do have, has fitfully been making efforts since nine this morning. Micro-flakes and drips. We have some flakes, now that it's creeping towards 11:00.

Winter Storm Benji, how the fuck did the cold reach down, so deep into the country?



*determined to find maps*
 
single antlerless deer, picking its way down from the hills


The poor thing. Autumne ended with no warning. Freezing temperatures, but the snowfall has quieted. Good sized adult.

"Primitive Firearms Season: Beginning the third Monday after Thanksgiving and ending on December 31, all days inclusive, except Sunday."

Then, again, poachers.

Some are total jerk wads.

*frown*
 
Ding dong, the wicked warlock zombie ghoul, will be burned. (Or, buried.)

Carbonized Berned Nard Fuckhead Law caused trouble for Democrats, before he left town, and moved closer to the Vatican.

He worked for Rome's pope, always.

The beautiful structures built by Massachusetts communities, were sold to cover lawyers fees and payouts to victims of his heartless reign. Loyalty and dedication means nothing, when the Vatican's piggie bank is at risk.


The Boston police and the Boston Herald fought very hard against the truth that was emerging. The rotten melon burst open. Soon, the truth spread throughout the world.

"...Law retained some support in the Vatican. In 2004, he was appointed archpriest of the Basilica of St. Mary Major, one of four principal basilicas in Rome. When John Paul died the next year, Law was among bishops who presided at a memorial Mass for the pontiff in St. Peter’s Basilica. Law also continued for several years to serve in Vatican dicasteries, or policy-making committees, including the Congregation for Bishops, which recommends appointments to the pope. Advocates for victims saw the posts as a sign of favor for Law by church officials..."

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2017/12/19/cardinal-bernard-law-obituary

2017, prosecutors are still busy with Vatican criminals.
 
O'malley the twerp is doing the waffle dance,about unkept promises the Vatican made to the victims.

It is horrendous, that a criminal that was a manager of evil, will have a grand ceremonial funeral. Meanwhile, some of his victims committed suicide. They were denied everything. Not even a grave site near their deceased family members.

Vatican bros alliance

Pope Francis will participate in the funeral Mass for (Card carrying member Berned Nard Law) to be held Thursday in St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome


https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ursday-rome/JaUUlpqVOZtkq1SiskE3lO/story.html
 
Travellers ignore weather report- 100 car accidents in NH due to slick roads

Mixed results might trigger an ice storm ?

Happy Holidays ?


Amounts of ice predicted for southern Maine could down power lines and cause outages, according to Tom Hawley, a forecaster in Gray.

“If you’ve got to travel, I’d do it right now, or wait until Sunday, because late today [and] early tomorrow is just going to be a mess,” Hawley said.


Bangor, Maine


An extended period of a wintry mix will be possible during the daylight hours on Saturday. Some ice accumulation is possible in inland sections, especially across the higher terrain.

That will result in very slick travel and possibly scattered power outages.

New Hampshire

http://www.wmur.com/article/snow-slowing-travel-freezing-rain-threat-saturday/14485069

“It’s going to be very tough driving,” said James Brown, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.

The first round of snow is expected to move into New Hampshire Friday morning and last throughout the day before possibly ending as sleet and freezing rain over southernmost areas after midnight.

The weather service is calling for 3 to 6 inches of snow in central and northern areas and possibly more than 6 inches in southern New Hampshire with the Friday storm.

Brown said the region should see a break in the action before another batch of mixed precipitation, with freezing rain likely especially in southern areas, arrives on Saturday.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20171222/NEWS11/171229816/1013/news11
 
There is a layer of ice under the snow. The snow is not deep. It seemed as if the deer was tip toeing. I had no idea deer piss was so yellow.

The squirrels and bunnies were out there, too. But, no turkeys. They need big pine trees, when there is a blizzard.

What is the deer eating, so close to the house ?
 
Wellington station on the MBTA was the bullseye on the target. So cold, the railway track broke. Once, again, the commuters are trapped in the cold.

Maybe, they should speak with Chicago ?

The mayor is still harping about terrorist back packs. Goodness knows,the low tech arseholes made the rounds, this year. It will be another year, where First Night is unbearably cold. My Ogre Husband and I stubbornly stayed for the late night fireworks. It took sleeping bags and hot drinks in a thermos, to help us to do it. Plus dancing to the music, outdoors.

The crazies that will attend the football game will be allowed to have blankets, and such.

Playing in the snow, I can understand. This, I cannot. Frostbite and hypothermia should not be part of it.

Record breaking cold snap.
 
No skating show on First Night. Too cold.

FirstNight Retweeted
Frog Pond Boston

Frog Pond Boston
@FrogPondBoston
·
7h
Notice! New Year's Eve skating show canceled due to the forecasted low temperatures and frostbite warnings. We are sorry to disappoint but the safety of the skaters is ​always our first​ priority. Stay warm, #Boston. @BostonParksDept
 
The weather did not change for the better, as was hoped for. New Years Day will be the coldest, yet.


As not to tempt parents with cabin fever children, someone with horse-sense has decided to encourage parents to keep their stir crazy children indoors.

December 30, 2017


Several of the Boston "First Night" activities have been canceled due to safety concerns, city officials announced Saturday. Unfortunately, it's a few of the favorites.

The Frog Pond Skating Spectacular and People's Procession to Boston Common, slated for 6 p.m. Sunday evening, have been canceled, as well as the Boston's Family Fireworks, scheduled for 7 p.m.

The Copley Square Stage Performances, which were to take place from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Monday, have been canceled.

The countdown to 2018 in Copley Square and midnight fireworks show will continue as scheduled.


https://patch.com/massachusetts/boston/boston-new-years-2018-first-night-cancellations-amid-cold
 
Torture for a purpose- charity

The first morning of 2018 was sunny and cloudless in Boston, but with a temperature about 1 degree above zero, it was not what most people consider beach weather.

For 200 or so brave souls, though, it was a day to step out onto the sand and — at least briefly — into the frigid waters of Boston Harbor at the annual L Street Brownies New Year’s Day Swim.

Dan Monahan, interim director of the Curley Community Center, where the plunge takes place, estimated that last year about 1,600 people attended, and about 500 jumped in the harbor. This year, he said, only 800 or 900 turned up, and maybe 250 went into the water.

Other plunges up and down the coast were canceled because of the extreme cold that has gripped the region since Tuesday, but the Brownies — who say their New Year’s swim is the country’s oldest — have never canceled, in more than 100 years, Monahan said.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...outh-boston/bM8EnnqrIJCxMpjPaoH89O/story.html
 
After the storm, very cold air


Low pressure in the western Atlantic Ocean will intensify and track toward the north-northeast off the Northeast coast late Wednesday through Thursday, before plowing into Atlantic Canada by early Friday.

A track of the offshore low closer to the East Coast would increase the odds of moderate to heavy snow along with strong winds. A track farther offshore would bring lighter amounts of snow to the East Coast and gusty winds.

This degree of uncertainty is quite common with many East Coast snow events.

Regardless of the track, the low will likely undergo what meteorologists call bombogenesis, which is a rapid drop in atmospheric pressure of 24 millibars or more in a period of 24 hours. When a pressure drop like this occurs, it signals the development of a potent storm system.

https://www.wunderground.com/news/2018-01-02-winter-storm-grayson-southeast-ice-northeast-snowstorm
 
Back
Top