Summer Title Challenge

It's challenge time again folks!

This is a title challenge plucked from one of my favorite sci-fi writers, Robert A. Heinlein.

The rules are simple:
Your title is "The Door Into Summer" and
Your piece must be at least 12 lines (no upward line limit)

You have until June 20th to submit your pieces to me. I will post the pieces on June 21st when the voting and guessing will commence.
N00b questions -- so, when the poems are posted, do we try to guess the authors (I will be clueless), and vote for our favorites? The winner gets a check from Laurel, or a virtual smooch, or something else of value?

Last edited:
N00b questions -- so, when the poems are quoted, do we try to guess the authors (I will be clueless), and vote for our favorites? The winner gets a check from Laurel, or a virtual smooch, or something else of value?

It's a very informal challenge. The actual challenge part is writing the piece, the rest is just a guessing game for fun. We've found that when we have to guess who wrote what we read the pieces multiple times and are more likely to re-read participating poets older works, when there are some. As there is (usually) no monetary prize we don't generally bother with voting but rather individuals will discuss what made favorites pieces stand out for them.

One day left in the comp.

Spose I better come up with an idear today and write it down. :rolleyes:

Trix, is the deadline at Midnight tonight? When you wake up tomorrow morning?

omg i've still not written mine - been a hectic week with son no.2 drama and not even a day off work. i will try to get something in, honest.:rose:

multiple entries??? never read that :eek:

Your piece must be at least 12 lines (no upward line limit)

You have until June 20th to submit your pieces to me. I will post the pieces on June 21st when the voting and guessing will commence.

I'm following the rules to the letter.

Mwuahaha

Y'all are cracking me up with your posts here, as well as making me envious with your pieces, still haven't managed to finish mine.

I checked and found Trix was still asleep this morning, so I rolled her over and proceeded to give her a good 4th effort.

Wait .... um ..... that didn't sound quite right ................

I checked and found Trix was still asleep this morning, so I rolled her over and proceeded to give her a good 4th effort.

Wait .... um ..... that didn't sound quite right ................

That's two she's had slipped into her box
And she slept through it :( so sad lol

Last edited:
Back