OOC Casting Call X Men RP

Goblin and the ninjas are trying to draw Logan and Jean into a trap. It won't work on Logan but Jean in her weakened state will be captured. Scott will be furious with Logan but need his help (and Gambit) to get her back.

Beyond that Knight hasn't shared with me what he wants with Jean but im guessing he wants to try and harness the Phoenix Force, which won't work out very well for anyone, except maybe Logan.
 
I think in Storm's last post they were heading back to the mansion. Charles will send them after Jean is captured.
 
Logan has a history with The Hand. Hobgoblin is working with them to capture Logan so that they can kill him and bind him to their demon master.

With Jean defending Logan, Hobgob realizes that she will be a better prize and the ninjas capture her while the rest of the team corners Hobgob. He uses his maniacal laugh ability to escape... I can swear I wrote this somewhere
 
Logan has a history with The Hand. Hobgoblin is working with them to capture Logan so that they can kill him and bind him to their demon master.

With Jean defending Logan, Hobgob realizes that she will be a better prize and the ninjas capture her while the rest of the team corners Hobgob. He uses his maniacal laugh ability to escape... I can swear I wrote this somewhere

i think it was in a PM to me.
 
Ah yes...must be that...

Well now most people know what this is all about then?
 
If I remember right the op was to remain a bit of a mystery until Scott and Jean finished getting their freak on, but I don't think it ever got aired out after that.
 
Not to speak out of turn, but I think after Hobgoblin is done a villain will be needed.

Gearhead, the whole kidnapping of Jean was supposed to be a big surprise. But the cat is now out of the bag. Battle will commence when the group gets inside of the building where Hobgob is and Wolfie smells the undead ninjas :)

Banzai and all that
 
So was there even any definite purpose for me even being on this mission other than the fact that Gambit was involved...? Lol either way it's whatever, I'll go with it...
 
Ok problem

What is this laugh ability? Hob never had an ability like that. I can see Logan and Rogue easily getting rid of the Hand ninjas (They did it the first time she joined in the comics as well). Scott is going to look a goose if he breaks in and there is no one there. But how is Jean caught off guard? With the Phoenix force so close to surface minute she looks in trouble, boom ash city for hand bitches. Besides she has her TK shield.
 
Jean is going to refuse to let the Phoenix Force take over again, she doesn't want to lose control but fighting it will make her weak and vulnerable
 
The Manic Laugh is listed as a power of Hobgob, from what I understand it is like a powerful frequency attack, almost like Banshee and Syrin's attacks. Or I think it is called maniacal laugh...will go check later
 
Do you need a villain?

Yes please! After this mission is over we will need someone else to play a villian. :)


I updated the IC with our current locations, and wrote a very short post (at least for me it is...) bear with me while i get back into the swing of things. Thank you guys!
 
Someone who is way more comic savvy than me give me (or the group in general) a rundown of ninjas capabilities.

I was thinking Jean wouldn't be able to sense them being that they are undead, but she should still be able to manipulate them (like she did when she suspended Logan in the air in the danger room) but being as how she can't sense them and it's dark....is that her biggest downfall in this situation?

I think Jean should make it past the ninjas to free Gambit, maybe a short interaction with Hobgob (wherein he realizes her limitless power) and during fighting their way back out as a group she is captured.

Or Jean defends Logan to allow Rogue to slip past the ninjas and get Gambit, they have a little interaction. Gambit knows he owes her his life and is attracted to her..blah blah blah lol And then Logan shows up in the basement alone saying that Jean has been captured.

Y'all vote on which scenario works for our situation. Jean is going to get knocked out so she can't call Scott as backup. Or she calls him but he doesn't make it in time.
 
Ok undead ninjas treat like all undead. Once jean can see them she can toss them around like nine pins but she will not sense them. No brain waves at all. They are given an order and carry it out. They still have all the skills they did in life as hand ninjas but need to be decapitated to die or seriously chopped up or incapacitated (broken bones etc) to slow them down.

Wolverine/Logan is going to be in his element. He can let his berserker side out and just hack and slash to his hearts content. Rogue can hit hard or grab a sword and cut loose. Then be sent off after Gambit.

I would suggest with Logan being distracted by the ninjas and Rogue rescuing Gambit, Hobgob would come after Jean who would be having trouble with the ninjas and containing Phoenix who would be striving to get out to help defend them. She would not sense him until too late and he could knock her out with his glider or a blow and fly her off.
 
So even though these ninjas are undead, they still fight the same way correct? They have increased speed and strength from what I read, but are still close quarters combat and thrown object type fighters? Just want to know what Scott would be up against as he tries to make his way to where you are.
 
Yeah they still fight the ninja way. Scotts going to be in serious trouble. Best bet would be retreat and work his way back around. Shadows are these guys friends and he would be surrounded in seconds. If you have seen latest wolverine movie you have seen the hand ninjas. Now they were human. Undead are half again as fast and twice as strong. From what Deaths has been saying there are a lot. Ahh maybe 50 to 100 I would guess so about 30 your end. If 100. I would say at least 20 you will be dealing with.
 
Ok cool. I just wanted to figure out how to write her since in this fight scenario she is at a disadvantage.

And I think Rogue should get Gambit too. ;)
 
OK, I agree with wombat. Scott gets engaged with like eight or so and decides that he wouldn't do anyone any good dead, so he chooses to evade. By the time he gets there he is too late.
 
Back
Top