Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you think I'm a complete dork that I have only now just ordered a 2013 wall calendar?

Okay, it would be really good if I could actually write something today. Don't know what this resistance is. :(

The biggest resistance is in trying to write something good. Just start writing to get the fingers moving. Play, discover, make stupid stuff up. Eventually an idea will pop out of you and your story will begin. Don't forget to 'kill your darlings'.

Gotta have something to put up on the wall next to my computer. ;)

Okay, I'll give you that. I have reproduction antique maps on my walls. My favorite is one from the 18th century, showing North America with place names that no longer exist on any world map now.

I'd better get my shit together or this presentation tomorrow is going to be mighty short... :rolleyes:

LOL, we will all help you. I'll go and put a cup of coffee for you in Naked Party - there are cupcakes left too. The sugar rush will have you zooming through it.

People like short presentations, it gives them time to rush to the snacks.
:)

And yet again I spend the better part of three hours driving around northern New Jersey, and not really getting more than 30 miles away from my starting point...

Strange day here. My dad's birthday - had a fun, short conversation with him this morning to wish him a happy day. Meanwhile I'm on the phone, I get a chat message from my husband that his grandmother has passed away. Talk about a microcosm of emotion in one little bubble. He's home now (hubs) and dealing with his grief like a dude. He needs his space. I get that. I'm waiting patiently to hug and hold him and share his grief, when he's ready. My emotions are all over the place today. Strange, strange day.

Strange day here. My dad's birthday - had a fun, short conversation with him this morning to wish him a happy day. Meanwhile I'm on the phone, I get a chat message from my husband that his grandmother has passed away. Talk about a microcosm of emotion in one little bubble. He's home now (hubs) and dealing with his grief like a dude. He needs his space. I get that. I'm waiting patiently to hug and hold him and share his grief, when he's ready. My emotions are all over the place today. Strange, strange day.

:rose:
It's been a full time for you, emotionally. Take care of yourself too.

There you go. :p

Was writing a(n academic) paper. Done. :cool:

Well done, Damps.
Can you give us a clue on the Subject ?

Strange day here. My dad's birthday - had a fun, short conversation with him this morning to wish him a happy day. Meanwhile I'm on the phone, I get a chat message from my husband that his grandmother has passed away.
Strange, strange day.

Sympathy, Mac. :rose:

The biggest resistance is in trying to write something good. Just start writing to get the fingers moving. Play, discover, make stupid stuff up. Eventually an idea will pop out of you and your story will begin. Don't forget to 'kill your darlings'.

:rose: Yes, it's just putting it into practice that I'm having a little trouble with. I did manage to edit 8 pages and write 2 paragraphs. More tonight and less resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back