Weird Question/Request

IBurntTheToast

Really Experienced
Joined
Jan 5, 2013
Posts
217
I am not even sure if this is where I should post this but here goes :)

So while I am a fan of lit and all things naked male (LOL) I also have other hobbies. One of my hobbies is that I make candles. the candles I make I give to friends and family as well as donate them to various organizations (Relay For Life for example). Well as I do more and more candles a friend suggested I should #1 Name my candles and #2 Get a logo.

Ok well the naming part took me a few days and I ended up with "Aromations." Basically I just mixed Aroma & Sensations. Heck I even registered the .com of it so I could take pictures of my candles eventually and have a lil showcase of what I do. (There's nothing on the website yet as I need to take pics of some candles and figure out what I wanna do with the website (Maybe a blog and instructional videos on how I make certain candles).

Now for the second part...and what brought me to this part of the forums. The logo. I know what I want it to look like, but sadly I have ZERO talent when it comes to drawing or graphic design. I asked some creative friends of mine, but alas they also are creative in things like photography etc.

What I would like: A logo I can use on my webpage as well as use to make stickers for my candles that are in jars. The idea I had was this. The word Aromations centered in the screen; with the "i" being a lit candle (preferably with a lil wax dripping down the side). I would love it if the candle looked like it was sitting like on a table in a light colored room. Basically going for a "Home" feeling.

I looked into the various online logo creation sites; both the free ones and the ones that will do the logo for you. Well the free ones don't come anywhere near what I want and the pay-for-service ones are anywhere from $300-$500 EEEK! I am not a business LOL. I am just a guy who loves to make candles; container candles, gel candles pillar candles, etc. Last year I donated candles to my local Relay For Life so they could auction them off (My candles brought in almost $1800 in auction to help fight breast cancer!).

Anyways...is there anyone here who would be willing to help me out with a logo? Like I said...I am not some business and can't afford the crazy fees as this is just a hobby of mine. ANY help would be appreciated.

**If this is an inappropriate post or in the wrong section of the forum...please feel free to delete it. I am just trying to find someone with some graphic design skills LOL!
 
I know exactly what your talking about, everything has a price tag attached these days. Kinda like I have been looking into a memorial building plaque to memorialize a good person and the quotes I receiver were incredible.

IBurntTheToast, I have a photoshope program and illustration skills, If you need a Logo I might be just the person to see as I work cheap! LoL You can see a bit of my art here in this section of Lit. If you want to see some samples of other kinds of work just let me know. I just finished up a freelance job for a local store where I designed and printed their logo in several different fashions for round and oval sticker designs. Even better my wife Loves Candles, so maybe we could barter, a Candle for a Logo design. :) Unless you already have this covered, let me know.
Have a great day!
 
Back
Top