What is Normal, in 2018 ?

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
What Is Normal, in 2018 ?


People have been shouting ", This is not normal !" The press and media announce their amazement at the lack of normality.

Abnormal behaviour, abnormal events, abnormal activities, have become impossible to ignore.



Democratic Senator Klobuchar Says Kavanaugh Confirmation Process “Is Not Normal"

September 2, 2018

The confirmation process for Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh “is not normal,” Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar said on Sunday. “You have a nominee with excellent credentials, with his family behind him. You have the cameras there. You have the senators questioning. But this isn’t normal” she said on NBC’s Meet the Press. Specifically, Klobuchar was referring to the way in which the White House has decided to withhold records from the Senate because of constitutional privilege while others were shared with lawmakers but can’t be made public.


https://slate.com/news-and-politics...amy-klobuchar-says-process-is-not-normal.html

Republicans in the Senate are racing to hold confirmation hearings, despite the fact that Senators have yet to see the overwhelming majority of documents related to Kavanaugh’s time working in the George W. Bush White House.

Aug 29, 2018


With 200 events all across the country, protesters gathered on Sunday for the single-day #UniteForJustice action, demanding Senators reject Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. The #UniteForJustice day of action was organized by more than 30 organizations including NARAL Pro-Choice America and the People’s Defense, to raise awareness about the fundamental rights that would be at risk if Kavanaugh is confirmed as the next Supreme Court Justice.

“Every indication is that Brett Kavanaugh will gut Roe v. Wade, which will lead to the criminalization of abortion in many states,” said Eleanor Smeal, president of the Feminist Majority Foundation. FMF recently released a video featuring women who oppose Brett Kavanaugh citing their own experiences of how a lack of access to abortion care has impacted their lives.


http://feminist.org/blog/index.php/2018/08/29/protesters-unite-for-justice-and-reject-kavanaugh/

Amy Klobuchar Slams Brett Kavanaugh's Confirmation Process As "Not Normal" For One Striking Reason

The Guardian reported, Klobuchar outlined her concerns on NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday. On the show, the senator claimed that the Trump administration is refusing to release thousands of documents related to Kavanugh's professional record, saying that it is withholding these documents per executive privilege. Klobuchar characterized this as abnormal and unsettling, saying "It’s not normal, because we are not able to see 100,000 documents because the administration has said we can’t see them, exerting their executive power.”

https://www.bustle.com/p/amy-klobuc...s-not-normal-for-one-striking-reason-11481446


It is not normal, to decide to become complicit


Elizabeth de la Vega
@Delavegalaw

Can you imagine being nominated for the United States Supreme Court and being so ashamed of your own writings that you would be complicit in hiding them from Congress and the public? What does that say about one's integrity and prospects for ethical conduct as a jurist


6:32 PM · Sep 2, 2018




Chuck Schumer

@SenSchumer
Republicans in the Senate and the President of the United States are colluding to keep Judge Kavanaugh’s records secret, and trying to hide their actions from the American people by doing it on the Friday night of a holiday weekend.

What are they trying so desperately to hide?

9:39 AM - Sep 1, 2018


Senator Dick Durbin
@SenatorDurbin
·
35m
The stakes for this SCOTUS nom are enormous. The next justice could be the swing vote on the highest court for a generation or more. And yet Senate Republicans are utterly failing to do their job of conducting a thorough, transparent review of the nominee.
#WhatAreTheyHiding


6:13 PM · Sep 3, 2018

SEPT. 2, 2018


White House Invokes Executive Privilege on Vast Cache of Kavanaugh Documents


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/09/brett-kavanaugh-documents-supreme-court.html


"A lot of the questions that we really focus on in hearings, like Roe v.
Lawmakers have spent the weeks since Trump nominated Kavanaugh digging through his record in an attempt to learn how he'd rule on a slew of issues, from executive power to health care to abortion rights. Plus, each committee member may choose to question him on one of their signature issues: Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) might ask about assault weapons, while Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) could ask about criminal justice reform.


"due process" and "equal protection"


With a young, conservative majority in place, the Supreme Court could pave the way states to pass anti-abortion legislation for years to come. Roe wouldn't have to be overturned outright for women in some states to see their access to abortion restricted or eliminated altogether.

Executive Power



A question at the heart of Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing will be whether he believes a sitting president can be indicted while in office. It's worth remembering that President Trump is reportedly being investigated for obstruction of justice, and that whether a president can be indicted while in office is a serious legal grey area. That means Trump has hand-picked the person who may one day decide whether he faces charges while in office.


https://www.bustle.com/p/the-brett-...ate-the-week-heres-what-to-watch-for-10237675

CNN
@CNN
·
1h
These key moments from Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's past confirmation hearings could help shape the fight ahead

Kavanaugh has issued some 300 opinions from the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, to which he was ultimately confirmed, making him immune from accusations that he has no judicial experience.

On Friday, Grassley was informed that the White House had concluded that any documents reflecting Kavanaugh's "deliberations and candid advice concerning the selection and nomination of judicial candidates" were covered by constitutional privilege and would not be released.

The White House's refusal to release documents on one of Kavanaugh's core responsibilities, and Grassley's refusal to release documents from the nominee's service from 2003 to 20006, means this issue and others, like what Kavanaugh's actions were during the response to Hurricane Katrina, will not be made public.


https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/03/poli...tent=2018-09-03T20**A50**A01&utm_source=twCNN

Kavanaugh is the perfect pick for Trump


Mother Jones
@MotherJones
·
1h
Brett Kavanaugh has a nearly perfect record of speeding up extinction

6:00 PM · Sep 3, 2018

Mother Jones
@MotherJones
·
6h
Brett Kavanaugh is the least popular Supreme Court nominee since Robert Bork


1:00 PM · Sep 3, 2018
 
On the Democratic side, Dick Durbin decried the fact that a Republican lawyer was vetting all of the Kavanaugh documents, and Amy Klobuchar expressed the sentiment that nothing about this hearing was regular. “This is not normal,” she said. “You have a nominee with excellent credentials, with his family behind him. You have the cameras there. You have the senators questioning. But this isn’t normal.” Mazie Hirono made the same point: “These are not normal times.”

Indeed, for a brief time on Tuesday morning as the Democrats demanded postponement and adjournment, it appeared they might walk out of the chamber altogether. But ultimately, the need for regularity and normalcy overmastered even them, and so while their opening statements grew longer and more irate, the decision to stick around and litigate this thing on the merits proved too tempting. It was left to the protesters, one after another in unprecedented numbers and with unprecedented ferocity, to voice their disgust and dismay. The more furious the calls for “decorum” and “rules” and “politeness,” the more enraged the protesters became. The opposite of civility isn’t always civil disagreement.


https://slate.com/news-and-politics...aring-senate-judiciary-grotesque-decency.html
 
Whats normal is Democrats are melting away.

I guess that's why Republicans are so obsessed with the probability of losing control of the House at least in the midterm elections and the Republican chief Russian asset, Trump, is obsessed with being measured for an orange jump suit.

You go, James. Really on top of reality, there, guy.
 
Criminalization of abortion (killing unborn childrens) is normal (with small exeptions).
 
President Obama made a mistake in his speech, at the end of his campaign trail. Not surprising, because he did visit every state, but Alaska and Hawaii, at the time of his botched speech.

Making simple number mistakes was not normal for him.


We had expectations for President Obama to be articulate, accurate, and to spit out facts and figures on demand. As if he had earned a diploma for each topic that his speeches touched upon.

President Obama followed the path that led him to be a legitimate, normal Democrat President.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...ist-of-seven-presidents-with-harvard-degrees/


President Obama's goofy flub-

“… it is just wonderful to be back in Oregon, and over the last 15 months we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in fifty …. seven states? I think one left to go. One left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit but my staff would not justify it.”

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/57-states/

After President Obama recovered from the campaign trail, he returned to normal.OTOH, nearly everything about Trump, is not normal.

No one expected Trump to be a good leader, or to be good at anything.



Trump is a scare-crow.
(A bit frightening to most of America.)


We read truthful and factual publications, and they included [unintelligible] when they quoted Trump.


Noises come out of Trump's mouth, that are not words. There is something wrong with the man. What is his malfunction ?

Despite the week's news, they dragged Trump out to rally the rabble in Montana.


It is never pretty.

Montana resident bro-men are deemed unsuitable for the photo-op at the Rimrock Auto Arena at MetraPark. Replaced by Trump's "pretty girls" and recent Kavanaugh support girl Zina Bash.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-montana-rally-people-replaced_us_5b926b14e4b0162f472c5612


Deborah K. Herman
@deborahkherman
#ZinaBash receives a text message and is immediately seen flashing the #WhitePower #DogWhistle signal. Did you know #ZinaBash reports to ant-immigration Trumper #StephenMiller #EnoughIsEnough #SCOTUS #KavanaughConfirmationHearing

5:24 PM - Sep 4, 2018


The Independent

@Independent
Donald Trump struggles with the word 'anonymous' during Montana rally

8:01 AM - Sep 7, 2018



Darrell Ehrlick
@DarrellEhrlick
Trump about to leave the Magic City

10:52 AM · Sep 7, 2018
 
University of Illinois

September 7, 2018

Obama’s remarks came as he accepted the Paul H. Douglas Award for Ethics in Government from the U. of I. system’s Institute of Government and Public Affairs. Past honorees include former Supreme Court Justices Sandra Day O’Connor and John Paul Stevens, former Sens. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., and Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, and Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga.


"It’s not conservative. It sure isn’t normal. It’s radical. It’s a vision that says the protection of our (Republican) power and those (Republicans) who back us (Republicans) is all that matters, even when it hurts the country,” he said. “It’s a vision that says the few who can afford high-priced lobbyists and unlimited campaign contributions set the agenda and over the past two years, this vision is now nearing its logical conclusion.”

"By the way, that claim that everything will turn out OK because there are people inside the White House who secretly aren’t following the president’s orders? That is not a check,” Obama said.



"That is not a check. I’m being serious. That’s not how our democracy’s supposed to work. These people aren’t elected,” Obama said in a speech at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. “They’re not accountable. They’re not actively doing us a service by actively promoting 90% of the crazy stuff that’s coming out of this White House, and saying, ‘Don’t worry, we’re preventing the other 10%.'”

“This is not normal. These are extraordinary times, and they are dangerous times,” he added.


http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-obama-speech-illinois-20180907-story.html

"That's not how our democracy's supposed to work. These people aren't elected. They're not accountable. They're not doing us a service by actively promoting 90 percent of the crazy stuff that's coming out of this White House and then saying, 'Don't worry we're preventing the other 10 percent.' That's not how things are supposed to work. This is not normal," Obama said

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/07/645557420/watch-live-obama-kicks-off-midterm-push-in-illinois

gsgs comment

note- President Obama did have the "best people for our nation, and everyone that lived within the borders of our nation. He listened to his advisors. President Obama studied the issues when he was at university.

The Republicans were critical of everything that President Obama did, and everything his family did.

Now, that Orange tRump is in office, no one would be surprised if Orange tRump, Mal-ania ,Cunt- Ivanka and the Bro-brothers sold everything in the White House, and the White House, itself. Because no one in the Republican party would stop them../ end gsgs comment
 
We could expect normal, acceptable behaviour from President Obama.


One of the characteristics of sociopaths is that what we consider “normal” human emotions are alien to them. They don’t know how to act in certain situations where certain norms are expected.

For someone wholly bereft of any sense of human empathy towards others, trying to compensate for that fact more often than not results in painfully, visibly inappropriate behavior in social settings.

The person currently occupying our country’s Oval Office is no exception.



Jim Harris
@Plarnuvius
So the clueless, soulless phony-in-chief arrives on hallowed ground, attempting to portray a decent human being, and fails again. He defiles every space he inhabits.


To those who lost loved ones on 9/11, we wish you peace and love.

10:30 AM - Sep 11, 2018

gsgs comment- It is not normal to convert one's selfhood into a leech form, and drape yourself over victims of a National tragedy.

Rump treats every occasion as if it were a photo-op to keep his popularity with the Extremist Right Republican fringe, fresh. Or, a private political rally for him. Melania is smirking in the background, as tRump lifts his arms for a double fist pump. Is she part of the group that egged him on ?/end gsgs comment

September 11, 2018

Immediately after the fist pump, Trump and the First Lady appeared to be having a great time greeting supporters at the airport.

The president and first lady also walked around the Flight 93 National Memorial with the park’s superintendent. Naturally, Trump couldn’t resist giving photographers a big thumbs up as he enjoyed himself on the tour.


https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/donald-trump-september-11-remembering-reactions.html




https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...flight-93-september-white-house-a8532836.html

WTF ?

Trump claimed that he “lost hundreds of friends” in the attacks. A few months later, during a campaign event in Buffalo, New York, he lied about putting himself in harm’s way to help clear rubble.



Scott Dworkin

@funder
Here’s video of @realDonaldTrump claiming he helped look for survivors & clear rubble on 9/11. He didn't. He was lying. #NeverForget

10:20 PM - Sep 10, 2018

The most telling example of Trump’s understanding of 9/11, of his total lack of empathy and of his pathological self-centeredness came the morning of the attack. While on the phone with Secaucus, New Jersey’s WWOR, Trump was asked whether his building at 40 Wall Street has sustained any damaged as a result of the attacks. He proceeded to brag about how now that the World Trade Center had fallen, he owned the tallest building in downtown Manhattan.

To answer the question posed by WWOR’s Rolland Smith, the Trump building at 40 Wall Street did not sustain any damage from the attacks. This didn’t stop Trump from applying for and accepting federal recovery money after it was made available for the area’s small businesses, largely because of lobbying efforts by then-Senator Hillary Clinton.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-9-11-story-722430/
 
2018/09/26



Republicans are crying foul, claiming that Democrats have hijacked the Supreme Court confirmation process and politicized it. So, too, has nominee Brett Kavanaugh, disturbingly enough. But it’s Republicans who’ve gone rogue, Republicans whose strategy is to shred any institutional barrier they can think to attack.

None of this is normal.


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...he-GOP-s-tactics-mean-for-democracy#read-more
 
What is Normal in 2018?

Bloomington-Normal, Il is still Normal:

http://www.visitbn.org/

59b937568aa5b.image.png
 
Crooks, Liars, Grifters, Scammers

"This is an ugly word, this, scam."


"This is business - and if you want to be in business, this is what you do."

The Freshman (film)

The report details how the Trump Organization routinely misled or outright lied to investors, buyers, and the press about their real estate and licensing projects, profiting off of failed ventures and then blaming developers or other contractors for the mess left in their wake. ProPublica and WYNC looked at a dozen of the organization’s international projects and found a pattern: Donald Trump would mislead or outright lie to investors about his ownership stake in projects, while Ivanka fed false sales figures of their projects to the press, misleading potential buyers. The projects failed, but the Trumps still walked away with millions.

https://theslot.jezebel.com/turns-out-ivanka-trump-and-don-jr-did-a-ton-of-shady-s-1829906628
 
Arizona News
@ArizonaNewsnet

Secretary of Defense has approved providing mission-enhancing capabilities to Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) along the Southwest Border.

Quote Tweet

cc_sheriff
@cc_sheriff
DHS/DOD - Southwest Border - Joint Statement from the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Defense...

Release Date: October 26, 2018

11:40 AM · Oct 28, 2018


Active duty troops are rarely deployed within the United States except for domestic emergencies like hurricanes or floods.

U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has equipment and additional troops to deliver!

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/
 
Who is Willie Horton, Precious ?

gsgs comment-

Willie Horton was a (selfish criminal aresehole) that was used in a racist campaign ad in favor of George H. Bush Sr.

Republicans were willing to use any scam to push Massachusetts candidate Michael Dukakis (D) out of the running.


That ugly, misleading, smear ad was made 30 years, ago.

see "Revolving Door"


A big Fuck You, to George H. Bush Sr, and the Republicans that put the original shit into motion, and their enabling of National Security PAC.

Trump’s Racist ‘Willie Horton’ Video Is a Normal GOP Ad in 2018

November 1, 2018


Wednesday, the president of the United States released a web video that accuses “Democrats” of trying to flood America with psychopathic cop killers. Specifically, the ad recounts the story Luis Bracamontes, an undocumented immigrant who was deported twice before reentering the U.S. and killing two sheriff’s deputies in Sacramento, California, in 2014.


http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018...uis-bracamontes-2018-midterms-gop-racist.html


The President Is Pushing the Exact Conspiracies Cited by the Pittsburgh Shooter 5 Days After the Attack

November 1, 2018

https://www.esquire.com/news-politi...trump-conspiracy-theories-pittsburgh-shooter/

Be Afraid!.Be Very Afraid Of This One Person!

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/...-trump-and-ted-cruz-play-to-racist-fears.html

2018 Meme-Little old lady that lives in the middle of nowhere, convinced by FOX TV that immigrants seeking sanctuary at the Mexican border, will march thousands of miles to break into her lake house.

Good job Orange tRump. Now, the poor ancient thing will be afraid a psycho is coming to murder her.

end gsgs comment
 
Back
Top