What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
0086557.jpg

Flashing Girls Prompt Disneyland to Can 'Jack Sparrow' Actors

December 7, 2008

ANAHEIM -- Disneyland management has fired the four actors who played pirate Jack Sparrow because officials were worried about young female park-goers flashing the swashbuckling actors late at night, according to one former cast member.

"They lost control when they saw Jack Sparrow," said former pirate Brandon Pinto, who left the role after a dispute with management a year ago. "This is a sexy, rock-star pirate."

The pirate actors said they were told they were no longer needed for the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride at about the same time that additional fairies were added to the park's cast, presumably to promote Disney's new movie "Tinkerbell."

Disneyland recently opened "Pixie Hollow" to capitalize on the new movie.

Disney denies that the pirates were replaced by Tinker Bell fairies.

ROFLMAOOOO!!!!!!
 
being surprized big time by a dear friend who was suposed to still be in London.

at nearly 3pm this afternoon I got a knock on the door, and it was said friend.

Was a wonderful surprize. :D Except of course for the fact that I got called into work an hour early. :rolleyes: If said friend had mentioned he was on this side of the pond when he was teasing me this morning then I would have been able to work out of going to work an hour early.

still, it was such a wonderful surprize. I'm still smiling over it. :eek:
 
something that was said last night. i hadn't really realised. I do now and it's nice.

home :)
 
The fact that in my part of the world, by 5 minutes, it is officially the 1st anniversary of me and my boyfriend getting together.

I love him so much <3
 
Sheesh.

Fetish club sues competitor for stealing business
By Jonathan Abel, Times Staff Writer
In print: Thursday, December 11, 2008


LARGO — The Quest club is a place where consenting adults go to satisfy their appetite for such fetishes as foot worship, bondage and puppy training.

But it's not all about pleasure at the club these days, thanks to a nasty legal fight with the Phoenix club, a competing fetish group.

The owner of Quest claims the Phoenix unlawfully stole business from him.​

More in the original article, linked in the headline.
 
The HUGE smile that appeared on one of the kid's faces as she walked into the nursery today to see me there after I've had 2 weeks off!

She charged at me and threw her arms around my neck with a great big hug. Nice to know at least ONE person missed me lol.
 
Making buttercream frosting and accidentally ending up with buttercream custard instead. *shrugs* Meh, Cooper liked it anyway. *giggles*

Also, I smile proudly everytime I see the advert for the VGAs on Spike with the model/actress who isn't waif thin and doesn't look like she's on a "blow" diet. Nice to see a gal with some healthy meat on her bones being shown as a sex symbol. GO SPIKE!
 
Sheesh.

Fetish club sues competitor for stealing business
By Jonathan Abel, Times Staff Writer
In print: Thursday, December 11, 2008


LARGO — The Quest club is a place where consenting adults go to satisfy their appetite for such fetishes as foot worship, bondage and puppy training.

But it's not all about pleasure at the club these days, thanks to a nasty legal fight with the Phoenix club, a competing fetish group.

The owner of Quest claims the Phoenix unlawfully stole business from him.​

More in the original article, linked in the headline.

The Quest club is not even 2 minutes from where I work, its literally around the corner. I have not been there though, but geez people sue from any reason these days. You would think that it would be good for both businesses to have a rivalry but a lawsuit is ridiculous.
 
5 months ago I told a lady I meet in passing when leaving donations at her charity shop that if I was ever able to I would get her some Bovril from England, where she is orginally from. Yesterday, having not seen her since I was able to deliver, juts in time for Christmas.

Living up to myself, making a lonely woman smile & "paying it foreward" all brought a smile to my face & that warm fuzzy feeling.
 
my zeppelin!!! Woohoo. Je t'aime :) :heart:

a call this morning made me smile
 
I'm feeling quite proud of myself - I managed to fix an error in the AVG8 updates, just by googling the problem and doing a search for the files and deleting the faulty ones. That's quite a big deal for me! :D
 
Serving my PYLs as they threw a party last night, then unexpectedly having a little session this morning. Just half an hour or so, but it was very welcome. Hopefully it tides me over their absence during the holidays.
 
I dunno why this would give me a(n evil) chuckle:

Man handcuffs his wife to the bed, loses key
Police say situation was an intimate relationship, not an imprisonment
updated 4:04 p.m. ET, Thurs., Dec. 11, 2008
DEARBORN, Mich. - If you love something, set it free. And if you can't, call the police. The Detroit Free Press reported police responded to a call Thursday morning by a Dearborn man who handcuffed his wife to their bed but misplaced the key.

Police used a universal key to free the woman.

Sgt. Ray Patrick said the situation was "more of an intimate relationship than an unlawful imprisonment."​

I wonder if Steven King's agent is going to sue the guy for copyright infringement. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
an unexpected message from a dear soul.

an even more unexpected phone call from said dear soul.

the contents of each conversation and waking up tired from staying up too late.

Thank you.
 
Her and the thoughts of last week....

Still falling........

Getting 4000 posts.... does this mean something will explode now? :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top