Holiday Guardians (OOC)

They could have been friends before the story begins, and Belle would need to figure out what happened to him/her.
 
I would certainly find that an intriguing role to play. Thank you for thinking of me for it!

Let me brew that over in my subconscious while I'm working today, see if anything bubbles up!
 
snegurochka__snow_maiden__by_morgainelefee-d56jphi.jpg
 
Wembling between a traditional "look" or something more modern, like Weiss from RWBY.
 
Last edited:
Weiss' last name is Schnee, and Snegurochka's name in German is "Schneekind," so there's thematic dovetail.
 
i was wondering about the villains we would be fighting. Picking up from the movie inspiration, instead of Pitch the boogeyman, how about just a Night Mare.

8531e0f602fa7bcd52aa7eeda4501f711301254890_full.png


or getting really funky, one trying to crack a mainstream holiday

f0385d317395abcb1cda2504e852499f.jpg


(HE HE, May the 4th.)
 
Here's the pitch:

In some versions of the myth, Snegurochka the Snow Maiden is the granddaughter or daughter of Ded Moroz, Grandfather Frost, the Russian incarnation of Winter and a counterpart to Santa Claus.

So either Santa and Moroz are one and the same, or they're related, a decision which I'll leave to you, Tears. If they're one and the same, Snegurochka and Belle could be sisters or half-sisters. If they're related, then Snegurochka and Belle could be cousins? In any case, whatever's taken the Major Arcana off of the board would have taken Ded Moroz as well-- whether he's Santa by another name or his brother or something-- leaving Snegurochka to fend for herself.

But in Snegurochka's case, she's approached by representatives of the dark forces that have taken out the main holiday guardians (whatever or whoever those might be), and... recruited. They point out to her that mankind's damage to the environment is threatening the cycle of the seasons, and if Earth continues to warm, there may no longer be any winter to protect Snegurochka from melting in the sun of spring.

Fueled by this resentment and armed with artifacts given to her by this dark faction that bolster her powers and make her less vulnerable, Snegurochka becomes their agent. She'll seek to undermine the efforts of Belle and our other characters because she sees them as coddling the human beings who are so thoughtlessly throwing the planet out of whack (and with it the calendar).

Whether or not that has anything to do with the dark faction's agenda doesn't really matter overmuch, as it might simply be a manipulation to get Snegurochka onto their side of the board.

What do you think?
 
Last edited:
Now that is cool (Pun intended).

I love how you have used Global warming as a negotiating point to get her on the side of Evil? so to speak.

Of course this may just be a big diversion to keep everyone busy while they actually complete their real plan, or maybe not. It is great.
 
In some versions of her legend, Snegurochka melts in the springtime sun, or by playing too close to a campfire.

Global warming would be a real, real problem for her!

Glad you approve. :D
 
Here's the pitch:

In some versions of the myth, Snegurochka the Snow Maiden is the granddaughter or daughter of Ded Moroz, Grandfather Frost, the Russian incarnation of Winter and a counterpart to Santa Claus.

So either Santa and Moroz are one and the same, or they're related, a decision which I'll leave to you, Tears. If they're one and the same, Snegurochka and Belle could be sisters or half-sisters. If they're related, then Snegurochka and Belle could be cousins? In any case, whatever's taken the Major Arcana off of the board would have taken Ded Moroz as well-- whether he's Santa by another name or his brother or something-- leaving Snegurochka to fend for herself.

But in Snegurochka's case, she's approached by representatives of the dark forces that have taken out the main holiday guardians (whatever or whoever those might be), and... recruited. They point out to her that mankind's damage to the environment is threatening the cycle of the seasons, and if Earth continues to warm, there may no longer be any winter to protect Snegurochka from melting in the sun of spring.

Fueled by this resentment and armed with artifacts given to her by this dark faction that bolster her powers and make her less vulnerable, Snegurochka becomes their agent. She'll seek to undermine the efforts of Belle and our other characters because she sees them as coddling the human beings who are so thoughtlessly throwing the planet out of whack (and with it the calendar).

Whether or not that has anything to do with the dark faction's agenda doesn't really matter overmuch, as it might simply be a manipulation to get Snegurochka onto their side of the board.

What do you think?

I'm thinking... that perhaps he's a relative of Santa. So Belle and Snegurochka would be cousins.
 
Well, you guys can always phone Joe, if you ever need more back up. Although, he's currently on a mission of his own trying to find the bitch that stole his dog tags. :rolleyes: If you two plan to do some opening plot where it is just between the two of you before you're led to recruit other characters for your cause, then let me know.
 
Halloween is one of the most flexible and mashed up of the Holidays. What began centuries ago as a Harvest Festival and a plea to the Great Sun to return in the New Year, has morphed to be everything from a riotous night of panic and debauchery to a corporate driven children's holiday, to a day to honor the departed or to ward off the spirits that may wish to return and wreak havoc.

As these changes took place over the years, the Guardian of the Holiday also had to be flexible. Over the course of all this time there have been many guardians that have passed on the mantle from one to the next. From the pagan harvest and fire god of old to the current incarnation of the modern Holiday. The current Guardian of Halloween is Baron Samhain(Pronounced Sa-win).

The Baron is a dark and frightening figure when he chooses to be. Or a kind and benevolent benefactor. The Baron has many abilities that reflect the many facets of his holiday. Among these are the following:

  • The ability to manipulate and project flames. This comes from the origin of the great bonfires the pagan peoples would light in his honor, and now the candle flames of the pumpkins carved by children and adults the world over.

  • Control over the spirits of the Dead. As Halloween has long been associated with the return of the dead to the human world, the Baron has the ability to summon, control, and manipulate the dead. Be it in the form of ghosts, banshees, or shambling corpses
.
  • Fear Manipulation The Baron has the ability to instill or remove fear from those he wishes to affect. Be it the modern "haunted hayrides" and haunted houses, or the old fears of the superstitious, fear has always been a part of Halloween.
  • Shapeshifting Just as the humans wear masks and costumes, the Baron is able to change his form and his shape at will.
  • Magic Manipulation One of the oldest connections to Halloween is the witch and goblins who were feared for their magical power. Like these incarnations, The Baron has the ability to use magic for a variety of effects. Most often he uses these in modern times to either prank, trick or treat,be it curses of witches or blessings from The Saints, but when pressed he is capable of some truly impressive magical feats.
  • Plant Manipulation As the embodiment of the Harvest, Baron is able to manipulate both the growth and rot of plant matter in fantastical manner.
  • Weather Manipulation(Minor) While not able to fully manipulate the weather like some beings, the Baron is able to conjure fog and rain among a few other minor effects.
  • Darkness Manipulation The Baron is able to manipulate and conjure darkness and shadow as the embodiment of the coming dark season. In older times Halloween was viewed as the time when darkness begins to seep into the world, and this extends to the manipulation of the Baron.
  • Hunger As a symbol of Harvest and the coming seasons of hunger, The Baron is able to instill a rabid hunger in others. Be it the desire to seek out sweets in his honor or rabid cannibalistic fervor. This power is incredibly dangerous as the effects can be very hard to predict and can lead to mass chaos. As such The Baron uses it sparringly and only as a last resort. This ability has been known to cause riotous and chaotic behavior.

  • Minion Summoning and Manipulation As the Holiday is known as a time when the barriers between the worlds is thinnest and as the time when various far and other supernatural beings are free to roam, The Baron is able to summon these minions and inspire their servitude. In the past, when conflict has arisen, he has used this power to summon great armies of fairies, goblins, witches, boogeymen and other monsters.


Now that a strange force has removed the Baron and many of the other Guardians, Halloween is threatened. The Baron has many would be successors, as a being of such power many supernatural beings seek the throne of the King of Harvest and Halloween. However, his son Jack has been chosen as his successor and has been training for only a short time to fill this role.

Jack was born to Cerelia, the Greek Goddess of the Harvest and The Baron. While many find this pairing strange, they have a powerful kinship and while they stayed together only fleetingly, they are still close. Cerelia and the Baron have both gone missing, leaving Jack to search for them in hopes that he can find them and reinstate them before their respective powers are most needed by humanity.

Jack is young. At least as these things go. In human terms he is in his late teens but as an embodiment of Autumn he is wiser than his age dictates. He has a great knowledge of the occult and the mysterious as these are gifts from his mother. He also possesses many of the gifts of his father, though he is much less skilled in their use.

Jack is most skilled in the following:

Shapeshiftng, Darkness Manipulation, Magical Skill, and Flame Manipulation and Creation. He has shown promise in some spiritual manipulation but is much less proficient than either of his parents.

Jack has several small familiars that follow and aid him. His most constant companion is his Raven. The Raven, which he calls Wade, has been with him since birth. On the day of his birth, his mother birthed him in her astral glen, a place of potent magic. During her labor, she grasped the branch of a nearby tree, shaking it forcefully in her pain. As she did so, a raven's egg fell from it's nest. Landing beside her. As she birthed the child, so too the egg was ruptured and Wade made his way into the world. Seeing this as a portent, Cerelia asked the mother raven to let the bird stay with Jack. To be his eyes in the Astral realm. As such the two have been together for their entire lives.

Jack also has a large wolf that he has been known to ride when need be. The wolf, Springer, is not as constant a companion as Wade. Springer often roams on his own, taking long journeys without Jack. But he always returns when he is needed.

Jack has taken to the search for his parents. However, being that many other beings would seek to take his place as the successor of The Baron, Jack must be very cautious. He doesn't know who he can trust. He does know that the realm that his parents created and live in is duplicitous and that many there seek to cause him harm. As such he has come to the land of mortals in search of allies. He has recently sent Springer to journey into the realms of other beings in search of aid as well.

the_witcher_dean_by_bulletwoman-d9eqpqf.png

Jack Samhain

a57d16a5c78902e253419c2a1b77578d.jpg


His Father, The Baron Samhain

500px-CereliaGoddessAutumn.jpg

His Mother, Cerelia, the Autumnal Goddess.
 
Last edited:
I assume that this was directed at me given proximity and all.

Thank you Tears. I did a ton of reading and hope I can make this something interesting. I was worried you might not like it. I feel much better now.


I absolutely love the profile.
 
Back
Top