Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Faux Pas'...

He can come over and faux pas all over my naked body any time he feels like it.

I'm on the fence. It does seem a bit primitive what he said, 30 odd years to be precise and shows his relatively sheltered life. On the other hand I don't see it as offensive. He's hardly suggesting we should give ugly *iggers bananas is he?..

Oh for fucks sake, is that all?

There have been at least six "proper" terms for black people during my lifetime. Which makes it about one every decade.

And I've never been able to see a significant difference between the terms "colored people" and "people of color".

Who fucking cares?

The most racist thing about this is if Cumberbatch himself were black, he could have said "niggers" and it would be considered okay.

Isn't it odd that blacks have a word that only they are allowed to use? Like it is their private word.

Do you know what the Mexican's private word is?

No, you don't.

That's because Mexicans are better at keeping secrets than blacks, I think.

8)

Black people should hold an election to vote on the "proper" term for themselves, and then be required to STICK TO IT!

Izzle.

Sherlock would know that black is the absence of color.

Or the presence of all colors, depending on whether you are doing an additive or subtractive system.

If you mix all the paints on your palette, you get black.

If you take away all the colors on your computer screen, you get black.

So as the Beatles said, "Get black, Loretta". (*I may have mis-heard that)

I'm on the fence. It does seem a bit primitive what he said, 30 odd years to be precise and shows his relatively sheltered life. On the other hand I don't see it as offensive. He's hardly suggesting we should give ugly *iggers bananas is he?..

I remember Flip Wilson telling the joke that ends "and here's a banana for your monkey", and nobody got upset at it.

Of course, Flip could make reading a menu funny, so that has to be taken into consideration also.

I remember Flip Wilson telling the joke that ends "and here's a banana for your monkey", and nobody got upset at it.

Of course, Flip could make reading a menu funny, so that has to be taken into consideration also.

One little monkey crack cost Cosell his career.

One little monkey crack cost Cosell his career.

This after Ali taunted Frazier by saying he would fight the gorilla in Manilla.

Of course, not many people liked Cosell anyway. I used to love Monday Night Football when Don Meredith would jerk Cosell's chain.

Cosell, snidely, "Do you even know what truculent means?"

Meredith, "Sure. If you had a truck and I borrowed it, that would be the truck you lent."

I once heard a very proper elderly black (or colored) lady drop something and exclaim "the devil made me do it".....and my brain double-clutched....did she get that from Flip Wilson or did Flip get that from her?

This after Ali taunted Frazier by saying he would fight the gorilla in Manilla.

Of course, not many people liked Cosell anyway. I used to love Monday Night Football when Don Meredith would jerk Cosell's chain.

Cosell, snidely, "Do you even know what truculent means?"

Meredith, "Sure. If you had a truck and I borrowed it, that would be the truck you lent."

Remember the Dennis Miller experiment? That was weird.

Something "oopsed", and posted half the message, so this is deleting that and the real one is below.

Last edited:
Remember the Dennis Miller experiment? That was weird.

I thought it was great.

And it totally cracked me up that there were web sites to explain his "obscure" references.

Apparently I didn't find them as obscure as most of the audience.

But I love Dennis Miller. Even when I disagree with what he says, I enjoy the way he says it. His rants are EPIC.

But apparently some people think you can't be smart AND a football fan.

You should see if you can find some of Todd Christensen's interviews. Very erudite Tight End, he used to just befuddle the interviewers. Best interview subject in the NFL, IMHO, and was catching more than 80 passes a season. HOF numbers.

Back