by annaswirls ©

set out, propped up by reputation
onion skin eyelids filter more
when open wide, pupil slit narrows
and tongue flicks the air for a taste
of the pressurized jasmine
that sends the signal
there is nothing worth biting here

Read and comment. I would comment but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Of course, it's noisy here with the elves. Anyway, get started with this poem and I'll return when it's quieter. ;)
Now that it's much quieter, and I've given the poem the time it deserves, I see that it really is a fantastic poem--with my comments only. It would be nice to have a few comments from others. And I see that Liar's poem doesn't have many comments either.

seannelson

Okay.

There is a poet you should check out if you have not already.

I realized today that the "kid" has posted a bunch of poems here, with little comments (raising my hand: GUILTY!) since he has appeared. Now he posts one that is controversial-- and comments appear... (GUILTY!)

okay so I am feeling guilty, but I also really want to encourage you to go read his other stuff. Get to know him. There is something for everyone.

best--

anna

seannelson

' (Apostrophe)

by latesummernight ©

I am glad I pried myself from the boards to read this poem. I beg of you to do the same. Go, seriously, it is, well it is....go see, it is short and well worth the click

:rolleyes:

I just realized this is one of tomorrow's poems, no wonder no comments yet.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
belaaaated Thursday reviews are here. :)

From top to bottom, in order of appearance.

Sun Wish by steve porter ©
A bright, sparkling poem. In the same vein as the superb endlessly spacious recently posted.

Amante XII by Eleanora Day ©
'tis a new beautiful Amante poem. Someone do me a favor and identify the poetry form for me.

Hidden by The_Fool ©
Got the munchies for forbidden fruit? A sexy, tasty poem from one who knows all about sexy, tasty poetry.

Drawn by OhMissScarlett ©
Interresting insight and a powerful collection of lines to communicate it.

Closet Tannenbaum by Angeline ©
This is the kind of Christmas everyone should have. A little bit of ornaments, and a whole lotta love.

Color by MissZ ©
This poet should write travel bruchures. She nailed the essence of one of my favourite places on earth perfectly.

Old Records by The_Fool ©
The Fool takes a wistful stroll down memory lane with the aid of vinyl and a needle.

It Grows... by hoopers ©
Really powerful chain of silimies here. After reading this, "it" will be on the very top of your "do not want tor Christmas"-list.

soliloquy by The_Fool ©
An eloquent reant about being the un-enloquent one? An interresting perspective, and a good poem.

A String Theory, Simplified by Maria2394 ©
Taking on Really Big Issues, this poem is a bold as it is beautiful.

Flying Again by WickedEve ©
Eve goes airborne. A tender poem that deserves to be read lowly.

Willow Weeper by PurpleLinga ©
Good use of old skool language. Go check it out.

#L

ps. If you have nothing better to do, go check out before we lose sight by, well, me.

Merry Christmas

New Poem Reviews for Saturday 25, 2004
I want to wish everyone a very ...
... MERRY
CHRISTMAS

I'll read the Christmas titled poems first since
it's Christmas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gifts at Christmas
by Sir_Nathan, this was a sweet lil poem, the gift of the heart and soul for X-mas.

clip~
This time of year is special I know
In the sun the storms and the driving snow
But baby, I already know
I've received the gift of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope every one is enjoying this kind of
gift at this time of year (~_*)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While strolling through the list this popped out at me
Whatever Happened to Christmas Day By Uncle Pervey, now Uncle Pervey has his own style of humor and this poem is enriched with his Holiday flare.

also posted by Uncle Pervey was GeneralEquivalence Diploma and Knuckle and Skulling also Frisby Expert and last Comanches and Comoncheros I could think of a hundred things to say about the comanches being of blood decendent but it's Chreistmas and I find the ying and the yang in everything so merry X-mas uncle perv~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jingle Balls
by My Erotic Tail

mistletoe
by My Erotic Tale

looks like that's it for holiday poetry on this
glorious Christmas Day~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SeattleRain brings us 'amorphous'
clip~

your image evolves like a swirling oil screen
prismatic amoeba slide from my fingers,
flickered lights flash shadowed branches
from here, no
there!

~~~~~~~~~~
erotic and a flows well~
I read this poem several times trying
really hard to figure out what in the heck
Seattle was trying to say and the 'projector
images on the belly ' hit home..hehehe hey!
great literotica poetry~

also posted by SeatleRain~
halos and hellfires
another 3 read poem... "What? Oh ... okay .... wow"
poem, read it a couple times and it soaks in~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three Strays
janus6988
clip~

A kitten crossed my threshold
After first November snow.
Bedraggled, starving, fleabit,
She regarded me with woe.

I took her up into my arm
And warmed her in my shirt.
She purred and promptly fell asleep.
Less kitten there than dirt.

~~~~~~~~~

this poem was endearing and cute
owner of a feline myself I enjoyed this write~
januss6988 also posted these poems today,
a little hand
Why Dost Thou Hide in Hooded Cloak
Venus in the Vale perhaps an inspiration from delta of venus?
Sleeping Queen
Remembrance is the Price
Poetry from the Land of ID -- 02

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want you
by masochisticpuppy
clip~
Laying you down softly
Nibbling on your neck
leaving little patches from sucking
massaging my hands down your shoulders
to caress them with my lips
I move down your body

erotic from the get go and rolled
into a great literotica poem~

maso~ had these poems post as well
Submission
lee
Satan help me
:cool:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOW~ this was a pearl of a poem nestled among the list
of new poems posted for Saturday the 25th.
Wind you come
by seranade

clip~
erotic breeze
wind you come
embrace
like the warm sun
inevitable
you'll leave
symbol rustled leaves

easily read and set a very good pace
for a short and sweet read~
melody perhaps a serenade?
hehehe great poem (~_*)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the seat between us
annaswirls
clip~
we stutter over common benchmarks
blood donations
auction items
Gerbera daisies

swirling poetry,
uncertain of it's total meaning but then
again that's poetry~
anna intrigues us with her masterful writings
a zen master of pen poem~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I Often Find Myself Fantasizing..."

by awesomejoe
clip~
Well every time a picture of you comes into my mind...damn I find myself getting lost in so much pleasure and desire...that without hesitation I feel my dark cock getting excited for you..

this could almost pass for a short story~
but a topic we all know oh so well
to have these fantasys of another~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dauntless journey
vella_ms

clip~
In the wake of your glance
in your moss green perusal
I can see a thousand years
the past, the future
the present
exposed and
colored with the love
only the vessel of your soul
can divulge

~~~~~~~~
a zen master of pen poem~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the title alone is inspiring~
Poetic Justice
by Champagne1982 is an awesome poem~ very clever view point and I learned
the name of lady justice (I think)
clip~
Ahhh Astrea! You should be a mother
rather than a virgin
Goddess!
I swear you'd tear
away the blindfold that hides
the truth as well as lies
and use your sword.

libras rule with balance~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle
paisleyflower

clip~

i can't c
any1 but u b-
tween these 2
legs
make me beg
u 2 stop
the drip drip drop

cleverly created a piece of
Literary Art~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

slaves flight
slave_touch
clip~

Riding the Passion in the winds,
This is where her Journey begins.
Listening for Masters powerful Call...
Knowing only then, will she fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those were the poems for Saturday
December 25th 2004
Merry Christmas and see ya New Years Day~

What did Santa say to the three girls on the corner?
Ho Ho Ho ~:D :cool: :nana:

Last edited:
Monday New Poems

New Poems

Well gang, lotsa new stuff today and I have taken my sweet time reading them too ;)

Lost Sister, Lost Brother,by, foehn. PLease read this one. Its really good, and the only thing I wonder about is the multi-repitions, but they are good, emphasizing...maybe its just me, but some of the lines are just wonderful...In fact, made me instantly think of Whitman.

...yes you lost brother and sister
sparkle with death in a blackness yet undreamed
and in the glitter of the distant grass
i see god’s fingers drawing forth the wind..

conjoin us, by My Erotic Tail. I really liked this one. Despite a few spellling errors ( yes, I know, I know, we have discussed this) by MET. I think this one might be a bit too good to leave them misspelings ( wink) in there, just my opinion :rose:

Echoes,by jthserra.Tastefully erotic, sensual and subtle. I felt a curious Citizen Kane ref at the end, I liked the connotations.

Gnostic Dreams, by Du Lac. Here is a poet that I have only recently noticed. (I'm sorry about that, Du Lac )

This one is pretty darned good. Especially the first four stanzas. The only suggestion I would make is, a few of the words like volcanic are very strong images to me, (don't know about other people), but it sort of hurts the tranquility of the first part. I wanted to say it is too long, but when I tried to take out a verse that didnt belong, I couldnt choose one. I enjoyed this very much :)
~~~

Tomb Raider, by, The Mutt. wowza!! Damn Mutt, this is verrry nice, yes in deed. A Sonnet, right? ( God, I hope Im right, I hate feeling dumb;).

The only thing..it feels like your rhythm is off in one line--with brown-edged leaves that droop and curl from thirst... other than that, I will say I am never surprised at how you entertain me, I truly enjoy your work, and I should tell you more often.

That's it for me today. If anyone wants to mention some you think I might have overlooked, please post your suggestions here. As always, thanks to everyone who posted, a pleasure to read.

Vote, comment, send FB, but most of all write. :rose:

Last edited:
Tuesday 12-28

Good morning. :) I'll let you get started with these poems while I read the rest.

Reviewing the situation
by tungtied2u ©

The bowls
sitting upon the cabinet shelf
waiting to hold your cereal
are just as happy
left empty and undisturbed

A great poem from the title, down to the last line. Well written and a poem that makes you think. Don't miss this one.

Also: Wave of Anguish

----------

sac-ora (the Art of verbal combat)
by My Erotic Tale ©

sac-ora
the Art of
verbal combat
rule number one
recommends advantage
terrain

it's not enough to win
arguments are struggles
of the within
to repel another's
to empower their will
two rule

Interesting poem. You will probably need to invest some time in reading it.

----------

Not a Day Goes By
by Seeker n Finder ©

Years have dimmed my eyes,
as I search the black granite.
Groping with trembling hands,
I rub to paper that is in my heart.

Here is a poem that could use some editing. Maybe longer line lengths--that sort of thing. But overlooking those things, this is a poem with some touching content. I'm sure the poet would appreciate feedback.

----------

Strangers
by obliteratedinnocence ©

Ahh, yes and you want the same.
And you wonder,
How long will it take,
for him to approach you,

Literotic, I'm sure, began as only an adult story site, then poetry was added. I'm also sure that it began with the idea of offering only adult poetry. Then many of us came along with our softer, erotic words and our non erotic ones.
This poem is not exactly erotic--more adult, like many of the poems here. But I believe this one works better than many similar to it. It concentrates on just that moment when you know someone wants you and you wonder how long it will take. This poem does manage to create some sexual tension. So offer the poet some praise, constructive feedback, whatever you feel appropriate.

----------

Where You Find It
by elbiscayne ©

The red man gazed around the scene,
boomed, "WHATHA HELL YOU DOIN' HERE?
YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WITH FAMILY,
AND NOT IN HERE SUCKIN' BEERS!"

I raised two fingers in the air,
put my Visa down in front.
"A Bud for me and the red man,
give the green dudes what they want."

Santa's a lush? :( Well, if you can't get enough Christmas poetry, then give this a try. :)

----------

winter butterflys
by seranade ©

here
there
and there and ...

floating in mass
they zag and flutter
flicker and swirl
sail and rudder

Nicely written. A soft, lovely poem.

----------

Like A Kite
by jazm49 ©

Like a kite
trusting in the hands that hold the string
I release my self
to the wonder of the wind.

Nice little poem. My favorite of jazm49's offerings for today.

Also by jazm49:
What Matters
That One Extra Step
Found
Treasures

----------

Release Let Go
by Du Lac ©

Release, Let go!
Clinging with fear,
Forever to hold us here.
I say, release, let go!

I am the summer,
Green and lush,
Rich with life,
No need to rush!

I like the repetition of Release Let Go, and the rhyme works well.

----------

breaking
by catastrophe ©

Nice poem. Too few words to offer an excerpt.

----------

Married to the Road
by Aife ©

Toy bows and arrows,
baseballs and barbie dolls.
Remnants of a busy day.
Sweet, tiny voices
giggling in darkness,
then hush! silent sleep.

Aife share's her life with us in this poem. Give this one a read. :)

----------

A Bloody Tuesday
by obliteratedinnocence ©

First the outside of her thigh
A clean short slash.
If anyone asks, she bumped into the desk.
Second the palm of her hand
A small pin prick
If anyone asks, it was a thumb tack.
Third her upper arm
A slash a bit longer then the one on her thigh.
If anyone asks, Lord Raymonds cat did it.

Earlier, I mentioned obliteratedinnocence's poem Strangers. I saw something, just something, in it. Now, reading this poem, I know that I saw a poet who I want to keep an eye on. I look forward to more.

----------

Okay, I mentioned as many as possible. I hope I didn't skip over anyone. Also, be sure to check out uncle pervy. His poems are grouped together at the bottom of the new poems list. You may find something you like.

Last edited:
So modest, retiring, and too bashful to mention her own writings, Wicked Eve gifts us with two offerings today.

transcendental lay - A rare "5"; an erotica poem on which all wanna'be writers of the genre should go to school.

And Yellow Pining a tribute to the cause of a recent power-loss I believe.

Both are very readable Evie, but my favorite is the erotic since quality and freshness is rare in that forum.

(Did I say it right, WE?) :p :rose: :p

A-M-R

My favorite of today, and there are some good poems out there, is denis hale's Of Death Tolls And Drum Rolls.

A typical hale juxtuposition of great contrast, denis switches from cynical surfeit of the mundane (for denis) world to the horror of tragedy and back and forth again.

A Must Read !

Wednesday New Poems

hey ya'll, its me in for neo since he is still on his trip, or thereabouts, who knows, I just hope he's having a great time, miss you cajun baby ;)

~~~

New Poems

Both far away and near by steve porter. This poem could use some concrete ideas to get my imagination going, but I do enjoy steves style and lovely way of spinning a thought in all directions and closing them neatly into one sild thought.

Paris Blues by Angeline. I love anges poetry, but I rarely understand jazz refs and now she throws what seems like old movies at me , and I feel lost and silly. This is a lovely poem, even though, this is a good example of the quality of the reader vs quality of poet, and I have failed. Read this one, its great :)

Of Death Tolls and Drum Rolls by denis hale. Denis writes, with his unique wonder of a voice and those one of a kind descriptions. It is just sad that there was a reason to write this one, excellent work Denis.

Marbled Desire] by WickedEve. a short one, and intriguing poem, as the prior comments claimed they had to look up a couple of words, it is worth doing so. Lovely Eve :) ps, Happy Birthday :rose:

Sasebo 1970 by elbiscayne. My Dad was in the navy, this poet was in a submarine. He writes about a fond memory and I truly enjoyed this poet, It brought a little tear to my eye. Good work elbiscayne, thanks for sharing :)

also check out his POckets, it tells a story and feels very political to me, worth a read.

bve back in a bit, hubbys waiting on dinner

Reltne's Readings

Today I found three poems by three relatively new/unfamiliar poets that I think worth mentioning.

One Moment by hotti is the first I will mention. I commented: "An interesting poem; placing thoughts of an entire life within a glance between strangers, or it could be real and the entirety of life is but a moment's glance. This poem has a nice double layer possibility of meaning.

Some of the central part's expressions are unexpected and good (particularly the mushroom caps), but some of the 'thoughts' are written in fairly trite phrases. I think this poem could be made more enticing if you rewrote the more common 'thoughts' using fresher words."
While this poem can certainly be improved (I suggest that the author put it aside for awhile and then come back to it with a fresh eye.), I am greatly intrigued by the concept/premise. Go read it and see what you think. - This is my favorite of the three I mention because of the potential inherent in the concept. :rose:

The second of today's poems that I want to bring to your attention is jagged rock winter by seranade
sack's comments on this one are what I was going to say until he posted first. :)
Some strong images and some simple errors. Keep an eye on this poet.

My third reading recommendation is Woman (The Poem) by indian_stallion This is the writer's first poem posted on Lit.
I left a comment, but don't see it now. I basically agreed with Tathagata's comment, but I stated that the poem could be improved with a change in format towards strophes and away from paragraphs. - I will not comment on any future works of this poster.

That's three from me, in a YDD way, my limit for the day. :kiss:

2 4 12 31 04

In the poems posted so far today, I found work by two new poets that I think worth mentioning.

Spring Cleaning is the first poetry submission on Literotica by wetkadence. There are some very pleasing lines in this erotic poem.
But I won’t let you move,
I want to trace your love handles

with my pen and sketch your
exhaustion with my words.

. . .

and I sit up long into the night

watching the bright green numbers
on the alarm, hoping the hours

pass by quickly
. . .
Sure, it can be tightened up, but it already shows some strong word talent worth developing. I look forward to watching this poet grow. Go read it and see what you think.

My second choice of the day is K.C. Crystal Run 010298 by elbiscayne.

Just look at how this one starts:
the joker and old timer,
me and elbiscayne,
pat and ducks were drivin' backup,
february in the rain.

its the story of the ending
to the k.c. show of shows,
a flesh and road king lust,
fuckin' glad it didn't snow."
. . .
This poet has been contributing to the poetry stash here at Lit. for only four days. True, this poem is a little uneven at places, and I had to go back and read the title again to make some of it come into focus, but this is good work! It reminds me a bit of someone like denis hale in rhyme, or maybe AnnaSwirls on speed. Perhaps elbiscayne is their bastard child? :) (That is, by the way, high praise from me!)
Anyway, go give this poem a good and thorough read!

Those are the two that I most enjoyed today. They are strong enough to make me wonder if the authors are truly new to Literotica or if they are reincarnations of poets past. Whoever, their work is most welcome on my computer screen. :rose:

Friday 12/31

Happy New Year
partyguy.gif

Wishing all at Lit and their families a happy and healthy New Year.

and now on with the gobbledy gook

Asia - Wicked Eve

In her own minimalist way Eve says what we all feel about the tragic events of this past week.
How dare I cry from here--
tears drawn by distant image.

That really says it all
a must read.

The Delight of Him - herecomestherain

this is a very sexy poem, with some great language

To kneel and bend before him
Forward, obvious, confident little cunt
To show him, to feel his eyes and hear his murmurs
Wanton and wet, his one girl show
Like a dog really, like a provocative little bitch

What man wouldn't want this poem written for him?
There's is nothing like a woman who enjoys being sexy..and this poem shows who really has the power in the bedroom

Spring Cleaning -wetkadence

Reltne mentioned this and I'd have to agree..it's an interesting style and has some wonderful lines
it's honest and tender and heartbreaking.
Give it a read

Distant Light - hoopers

This poet submitted quite a few poems today.
a word of advice,,try and keep the submissions to 1 or 2 at a time.
any more than that and it's hard to judge each one on it own merit.

This poem is short and to the point and has an interesting twist to it

Reltne also mentioned
K.C.Crystal Run 101298 - elbiscayne
which has some nice writing but goes on a bit to long for me.
tightened up it would be a wonderful " on the road" piece.

That's it for me for today
read them , vote, comment, mention one that you like
we all need feedback

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year
:rose:

Happy New Year

New Poem Reviews
for Saturday, Jan 1st
Happy New Year everyone

Time rolls forward as the world turns
no stops or cliches, no stillness
only a constant motion forward
into a New Year we roll

I expect that this year will generate
as many wonderfull poems as last and
the year before that. Here is a great start
for 2005~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First I want to mention the poems that
touch on the subject of the New Year!

twas the week after Christmas by: illustr8rrr

a cute poem that deals with the aftermath of christmas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Black eyed peas by: Serenade

clip~
I like ham hocks
and black eyed peas
tall glass of ice tea
finish with some peach and cream
it's a New Year's Day thing

Happy New Year!
Seranade is an accomplished musician who has
used poetry to create some fabulous songs.

also posted was a poem finger curls by seranade also 'my baby don't know' I have heard this song and the poem is just as good but with music it's awesome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pick for the day
Suicide by: Ninja Nookie

awesome poem Ko~
this one grabbed me on the inside deeply
Nichie Ko has a way about her that's definetly
a lone star shinning bright but this poem was
so cool. Thanks lil dragon~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
resolutions by: velvetpie

Short and sweet resolution~

velvetpie had some other poems post as well ...
Missing you ...sweet nipples ..
essence ... what I like ...not worthy ... heaven ...
His Bliss ... Thick and creamy ... inside me ...
Best Friend ... Ball of Fur ...Goodbye Hurricane
Unaware ... Blessed ...Graduation ...Alive ...
Patience ... Spring Time !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trance substantiation by: RisiaSkye I had to read this a couple times to get a real feel for it's meaning. a comment left was not exactly understandable either. But perhaps a zen poem~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
for y. by: twelveOone
A CHEER for twelve,
encouraging? certainly a vague poem that I found
to have a connection. May not be able to pin point it
but I felt a good vibe here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
an erotic supreme poem
Dance Inside Me by: ashejenn I can only suggest you go read this poem if you like erotic and I have to clap and cheer for this wonderful and clever written piece. The name alone is a lure but the prize is in the read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fucking But No Kissing by: TheCocoaCure
cute poem but a fuck with out a kiss is like popcorn without butter, a gun with out bullets a car with out gas. But this poem suggests the carnal lust that need not a kiss just the fuck in the back seat.~cute~ ~erotic to a degree~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can we go back by: obliterateinnocence this poems yearning to return to the past is endearing, also posted by this poet ...

Tonight ... Lone Warrior ... Love You ... Only you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
poetress
Beautiful words by: WickedEve One of my favorite poets as is with most here for her constructive criticism and witty poetry. Eve brings in the new year with a wonderful poem.

also posted by WickedEve was 'Of My Own Doing'
an even thicker thought poem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zen master of pen
Liar Lines by: neonurotic one of Lit's best poets comes to life in this poem about live electrical wires, speaking? whispering? something ... danger perhaps a very witty poem for leaving the thought process alive after the poem has long been gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
chat room by: Fortesquexavier a cute poem about IM's and response. Chat room lovers may like this poem considerably. The web/online life has a large audience. Therefore this poem is right up that alley.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
erotic supreme
Unconditional by: Du Lac Du Lac is a zen master of erotic. A poetress that uses some very witty lines and lures to grip a reader and sail the oceans of orgasmic erotic reads. One of my favorite poets and yet another poem to add to the string of pearl poems by Du.

also by Du Lac ...Siren Song ...Not from Sin
two more excellent poems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wings of my Heart by: chezchubby1 wow ... this was an excellent poem, have to keep a watchfull eye for this poets posts for I saw greatness in this poem. a zen master poem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember by: chayanna26 another clever and ryhming poem. Loved the feel of the read. Wistful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Profile by: thedogman77004 a fighting black panther? I sense the unsettled souls release here. a yearning poem. another post by this writer. 'Now I see' ... I can honestly say

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
paramount poem
the visit by: elbiscayne I really like this poets approach and style, vague poetry extreme but such passion with words that soar the soul into new hieghts. great poem El ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Called the Mad Scientist by: Uncle Pervey

also posted by Uncle Pervey ... Sunrise and sunsets ...
Goose steppin Nazi's ...islams light!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
well there you have it the poems that kicked off the new year. Some really great poets and poems here at Literotica the issues and topics discussed this week in forums only strengthens the bond of the poets here. Please read and comment respectfully.

(Please leave all comments to this post on the thread ...
to keep the new poems review thread clear!)

This is a year for poetry
thank you and Happy New Year!

Last edited:
2 4 01 01 05

Here are a couple from two Literotica veterans that I would bring to your attention today.

The first is complex but fun word-play poem by RisiaSkye entitled trance substantiation .
This poem can be just a fun read looking for all the word play, or it may be a poetic Rubic Cube that needs to be twisted until the meaning suddenly pops out at you. - However, I think that there is more than one solution to this work. (It is certainly not a poem that is easier to read than a story. :) )

Set some time aside to go read it and have fun!

The second poem is for y. by twelveoone.
I find the metre a little rough and I know the subject would comment on that since the writer uses rhyme, but at least I find no spelling nor syntactical errors, and that would have made her happy. :)
This work is good, but not great as a poem, but it is a tribute and it is heartfelt.

Thank you for sharing it. :rose:

black eye'd peas

seranade

black eye'd peas
by seranade ©

I am behind almost two weeks. I know many of you must be feeling overwhelmed with the new names as well.

Check this poem out-- I thought it was tres cool!~

Last edited:
Mermaid
Read it
its worth it
Again, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here . or flippers.
Oh, yeah, its by Angeline,
just in case you don't trust my judgement

Better Than an E

Memory Fails
by Angeline ©

excerpt:
I watched Mama sit by the grate
on her footstool, a dish towel
in her hands. She sat waiting,
like a Semitic Cinderella
with her toes pointed inward,
facing each other like signposts,
directing generations toward us:
grandfather, uncles, sister, me.

I think that chair was blue.

This is poetry. It simply must be read.

More Tuesday

Maria gives us Dark Shine. I'm not completely sure what's going on, but that's fine. This poem has a dark, superstitious, folktale sort of atmosphere that makes it a pleasure to read.

from precarious perch, their talons hooked
on dim and fickle moonbeams.

-----------

I am
by Jenna Grey ©

I am
the steadfastness of Conifer,
ever green in Winter.
The nearly naked,
newly budded
White Birch
of Spring.
The sensual
sway of
Willow,
dipping down
in the heat of Summer.

This is a nice, smooth, quick read. Wonderful flow of words. Make sure to check out the entire poem and leave comments.

----------

Speed Run
by elbiscayne ©

Joker and I were Sturgis bound;
meet fellow brothers, scorned.
Deciding on a speed run,
with no address forewarned.

Here is a good piece of rhyme. I'm sure you'll find it to be an interesting, solid read.

----------

I'll be back with some more. Lots of good poems today! :)

Winter Queen by poetboy824 is a lovely winter poem.

the cold winds blow --
Winter is more beautiful
than she knows,

----------

separation of church and hate
by Maria2394 ©

What have you taught that is good?
What more will you teach the children?
Shall you teach them to build separate houses,
distinct in color or definition of faith?
Du Lac has given some good poetry in the past couple of months. Her new one is Essence of A Soul.

More words by maria. This is quite different than her other offering for today. Maria can write about nature. She can write dark and mysterious. And she can give us strong words.

----------

matsukaze mon amour
by twelveoone ©

and banjo boy upon the bridge
playing alligator seranades
alligator lullabies lull us in
lulls us in, lulls us in
lulls us in, lulls us in

1201 goes all out and submits this wild ride of a poem!

----------

There are still more new poems!
Poems by Du Lac and always lots of by Uncle Pervey and many names I'm not yet familiar with. So, Go Read and Explore! :)

twelveoone said:
Mermaid
Read it
its worth it
Again, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here . or flippers.
Oh, yeah, its by Angeline,
just in case you don't trust my judgement
I'd like to mention Drinking with Magi by Tathagata, which was also posted on the 3rd.
Monday is currently not being covered and I'd hate to see good poems on that day not get the recognition they deserve. Would anyone like to volunteer to cover Monday's reviews? 1201?

Back