Close all the threads...

Well, yes, but outside of all of that, what Patientlee posted resonates. You were good with it (she posted "benefited from it") until something happened (you found you weren't going to be king of the walk?), and then it all fell apart--at least where you are concerned.

I'm just glad it fell apart (other than the manipulation of the contests--which I can personally negate just by not entering them anymore) and that Laurel augmented a new rule. If we keep to that rule here on the forum, it will be fine with me--the initiators from the past just will do less and milder initiation, negating response. (Which means this thread jolly well can fade away too).

I don't feel like digging up an old post, but I'd be interested in what the benefit was. My story and contest scores remained what they always were -you should note I won the JUly monthly months after that "split"-and the handful of favs I gained-and I am sure since lost-were nothing when you take into consideration I'm on over 6k fav pages.

And king of the walk? Please, only one person there desired that and it wasn't me, I don't require people to fawn and simper over me. Because end of the day that is what its about for all them. They defined JBJ's 'everyone gets a trophy' they are all the best, they are all above critique, and they are better than us, they come here to slum for a $100 and a W.

Case in point "The Best voices in Erotica" Sorry if I think that's tacky for anyone to declare that in the paid market, but regardless it shows my point. Or just read their posts which are nothing short of condescending when they answer questions. Because they are now real writers.

Funny though how I benefited, when I originally joined up with them I was already in the top ten author list here three W's a sea of red H's and selling for close to four years. In fact even with amazon's indy erotica squeeze I sell roughly 5-600 e-books a month through various outlets and 90 titles and countless hours of work.

Glad they helped me out so much, don't know where I would be without them.:rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Yes, well (again), it's the "world in a tea cup" aspect that's transpiring with this. It doesn't bother me to call yourselves "best writers of erotica" in a self-published e-book anthology, as that's how book publicity works. It's that, being in a closed group and fluffing each other up, they actually seem to believe their own hype--and respond to other writers in that self-congratulatory way that led them to gang bang and manipulate rating/commenting on the forum and in the story file.

Its fine with me if they let themselves believe their own propaganda outside the Web site and just refrain from tag teaming here. I don't have to read their fawning comments on each others' stories in the story file or care about their ratings manipulation as long as I can ignore any sense of theirs of being in competition for "greatness" with any authors not in the business of competing with them (or caring what they write or how well they do it when you peel away all of the collusive manipulation and pretense).

Shortly later: Ooo, what fun. My "today" story, which has been running hot all day, just got knocked back from a 4.57 to a 4.35 (and probably sinking). :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Yes, well (again), it's the "world in a tea cup" aspect that's transpiring with this. It doesn't bother me to call yourselves "best writers of erotica" in a self-published e-book anthology, as that's how book publicity works. It's that, being in a closed group and fluffing each other up, they actually seem to believe their own hype--and respond to other writers in that self-congratulatory way that led them to gang bang and manipulate rating/commenting on the forum and in the story file.

Its fine with me if they let themselves believe their own propaganda outside the Web site and just refrain from tag teaming here. I don't have to read their fawning comments on each others' stories in the story file or care about their ratings manipulation as long as I can ignore any sense of theirs of being in competition for "greatness" with any authors not in the business of competing with them (or caring what they write or how well they do it when you peel away all of the collusive manipulation and pretense).

My only issue simply comes down to this.

If you left here because it sucks and you are so far above it and you are all now 'professionals' in the selling market, then why the need to come here to a site beneath you and manipulate things? Shouldn't all that success you're achieving be enough? That and a private sanctuary where its a ll high fives and love?

I suppose I m being rhetorical because the answer is deep down they don't buy the hype and need to come here and exert their 'dominance' to feel good about themselves.

If you're good at something and know it, why have to constantly "prove it?" That's the difference between being self assured and having no self esteem.

Anyway, better drop this before we get in 'trouble':rolleyes:
 
Back
Top