Help me how to serch better

Joined
Nov 13, 2017
Posts
1
Sorry to bother but im looking for a story i read on literotica stories but i cant find it any more can some one help me where to look or serch better on this site or the app:confused:
 
Well, I'm not exactly sure what we are talking about, but here goes.

To start with, if I'm in the mood to read I hit up https://www.literotica.com/stories/

The categories are listed there and if you choose one, you can see a list of the slush published today (although it's worth noting on some days Laurel will get slammed with a lot more and the new submissions will bleed over to a second page). Below that, there will be a list of random stories published in that category over the years. Below that is the "top list" for the category which is typically dominated by chapters in serials.

Now, if you are wanting something specific, there is a link labeled "Author Index" which will take you to https://www.literotica.com/a/

About halfway down on the right side of the screen listing new and top authors is a field labeled "Search Authors by Name". Handy if you know the author's name. Not so much if you don't. Or is it?

https://search.literotica.com/searc..._order=desc&usertype=authors&q=alwayswantedto

There are tabs where you can search by author OR by title.

(And yeah, I know I'm long winded. I'm old and I do that. Besides, you didn't make clear exactly what you were trying to do.)

The thing is, that screen is only useful if you know the Author or the Title you are looking for. And it is case sensitive and won't fill in blanks.

So, now the fun begins.

There are tags you can use to search through groups of stories, but right now that is pretty much dependent on what tags the author sticks on the story. I'm a bit confused about just what Manu Manu the Slender is doing (since it's changed a couple of times over the years) but it seems like there is going to be a tag search option and (possibly) a way for readers to add tags (maybe).

Another option is to step outside Lit altogether and use the web browser. This can work surprising well if you can remember key phrases although you can't remember the author or title exactly.

I will mention that on Literotica main forums page, there is a Story Feedback forum. Inside that forum is a sub "Looking for a story?"

Now, the main two things to realize before going in there are;
1) Most people only go in when they themselves are looking for a story. Very, very few stick their nose in to see if they can help someone else find something they might have read. Some of us do, sure. But, we aren't hanging around 24/7 so it may be a day or two or even a week before someone wanders by and thinks "oh! I remember that story!"

2) The more specific you can be, the more likely it will trigger a memory. Otherwise you'll get authors wandering through linking you their stories that sound something like what you might possibly be looking for. (Sometimes whether it is close or not.)

Any road, I'm probably not being much help. So, I'll shut up and clear the floor for someone else to chime in. But, at the very least, you might check out that other forum and see if someone there might can get more specific since it's a sub forum dedicated to this very thing.

Best of luck.
 
Last edited:
If you remember a few names, a particular place or some phrase from that story - you can search through google.

Simply frame your request like this:
lalalalala site:www.literotica.com

This will limit the search to this site only, and it will be easier for you to find the story among theresults.

Also note that sometimes authors remove their stories from here. I did it with a buch of mine because I didn't want to support a site anymore that doesn't support writers back.
 
Back
Top