How to save stories

oosie

Virgin
I have a unique problem. I work in a very remote area where there is no Internet. (Private) The company have Intranet but I cannot access Literotica through their ISP.
Thus
How can I save a story? I want to accumilate a lot of my favourites so I can read later in my off Time.
Currently I highlite the text, copy Paste into a open Word document. This get kind of confusing when you have a lot of chapters.
Is there a way you can click on the story and download it to read offline later?

your help will be much appreciated

regards

I can appreciate your dilemma; however, and speaking only for myself, I do not like the idea of someone copying my work and holding it as their own possession without my permission. It's MY work, and I have an agreement with Literotica. If you would like to ask me for a copy and we can create our own agreement, that would be fair to all parties. But then I am only talking about what I feel is fair. I will not give you a copy of my work, and with all due respect, I do not want people copying my work off of this website.

"I do not like the idea of someone copying my work "

You realize it's just that simple, right?

And you realize that laws allow for copying and saving things for one's own private not-for-profit use, right?

"I do not like the idea of someone copying my work "

You realize it's just that simple, right?

And you realize that laws allow for copying and saving things for one's own private not-for-profit use, right?

Laws do not allow one to copy things in their entirety for their own use.

Unfortunately once a story is posted on the internet, including on Literotica, you have no effective way of stopping someone from copying it. They can keep a copy for their own use, repost it, even post it on a paid-for site to earn themselves money from your creation.

A DMCA notice is your only option. Enforcing your copyright is impossible even if you have millions of dollars to spend on lawyers. Just look at the number of pirated movies available to stream from multiple sites. If the big media companies can't stop that? You certainly can't. You can't show any financial loss after you have published on a free site.

The answer to the original post is no - the way you are doing it is the best way.

Unfortunately once a story is posted on the internet, including on Literotica, you have no effective way of stopping someone from copying it. They can keep a copy for their own use, repost it, even post it on a paid-for site to earn themselves money from your creation.

A DMCA notice is your only option. Enforcing your copyright is impossible even if you have millions of dollars to spend on lawyers. Just look at the number of pirated movies available to stream from multiple sites. If the big media companies can't stop that? You certainly can't. You can't show any financial loss after you have published on a free site.

The answer to the original post is no - the way you are doing it is the best way.

Yes, I am aware of these things. I was only letting the OP know that I, personally, do not appreciate people copying my work without my permission. I just seems presumptuous to me. I have no doubt it happens.

On the other hand, big media companies may not be able to stop all pirating; however, that does not mean they do not win copyright litigation and punitive damages. They do, and people on the receiving end, some who are just your Average Joe, feel the prodigious weight of copyright law.

Yes, I am aware of these things. I was only letting the OP know that I, personally, do not appreciate people copying my work without my permission. I just seems presumptuous to me. I have no doubt it happens.

On the other hand, big media companies may not be able to stop all pirating; however, that does not mean they do not win copyright litigation and punitive damages. They do, and people on the receiving end, some who are just your Average Joe, feel the prodigious weight of copyright law.

Yes, the big media companies can win - in some countries. But they have a massive financial stake to protect. They register their copyright in the US. UK media companies have to register in the US too, because EU and UK's copyright laws do not apply in the US by deliberate US government policy.

The big corporations can't win in Russia or most of East and South-East Asia.

Or you could use the Lit App on your cell phone.
Exactly what I was about to suggest. The Android app lets you pre-load 11 stories / chapters / essays / pieces. I'll find an author I like, load a bunch of their tales in my phone or tablet, and have them available whilst I stroll the howling wilderness.

Umm... in order to view a story on Literotica (or anything else on the Web), you download a copy to your local system. That's how the whole HTTP protocol works.

Exactly what I was about to suggest. The Android app lets you pre-load 11 stories / chapters / essays / pieces. I'll find an author I like, load a bunch of their tales in my phone or tablet, and have them available whilst I stroll the howling wilderness.

You don't even need to do that. I have a bunch of authors I marked as following and they all show up and I can get at all their stories. If you don't have a wifi connection the data usage is very low on and LTE or 4G connection. I can read all day and not use more then a megabyte.

ETA: Where does it allow the downloading onto the phone in the app. I haven't found that option yet.

Last edited:
ETA: Where does it allow the downloading onto the phone in the app. I haven't found that option yet.
Select 11 stories and they're loaded automagically. Now hit RECENTLY READ and those you just selected are all available.

Select 11 stories and they're loaded automagically. Now hit RECENTLY READ and those you just selected are all available.

By Select, you mean open them then close them.

Recently Read

What version of the lit app are you running? I'm running 2.1 and Recently Read has changed to Last Read.

You can use "Save page as...." from your browser's menu and save the entire web page to your hard drive. You'll need to use the browser to view it later, but it will work fine offline.

You can use "Save page as...." from your browser's menu and save the entire web page to your hard drive. You'll need to use the browser to view it later, but it will work fine offline.

Yep. That's it. You save the whole page as "Web page HTML only..." If the story has multiple pages you will have to save each individually which really isn't a hassle if you put each story in a folder.

That depends entirely on which side of that argument Sony's expensive lawyers are pursuing. In 1984, they said it is, after they bought intellectual property they then said it wasn't in 2001.

Last edited:

Even in the US you can save a copy of a DVD/CD/eBook to a different place to preserve a backup copy for you own use. The minute I click on a Lit story, it is saved to my disk as a part of the browsers cache process. If I know where those files are kept, I can easily move them where ever I want on my machine for my own personal use especially from a site where they are free. If I pay for them, I can back them up for safe keeping.

Back