FBI Raids Cohen's Offices

I know they all hate him privately and merely tolerate him (except for the Wing Nuts in the House) but all of that is beside the point.

THey have formed an unholy alliance, cemented and formalized by the great Tax Cuts. The R Party could have easily gotten rid of him a long time ago. They didn't, and they continue to stand back and protect him and never speak up when he does the things they hate.

I don't know what you're trying to argue. If there's some pure ideological state of the R Party out there it's long been trashed. They are now the party of Trump. They will prop up that orange hand as long as it can sign what they want and put their judges on the bench. It doesn't matter that they hate him.

They could easily impeach him, hold ACTUAL intelligence hearings and ethics investigations and run proper oversight, they could have stopped most of his Cabinet Members, any number of things. If you think they're waiting around for their chance to dump him HA! Not when he can get through their agenda.

None of them did a damn thing when he ignored the legally imposed Sanctions on Russia. That's impeachment material right there. The deadline came and went and he did nothing, which is a dereliction of duty. He's supposed to enforce the laws that they create. THey looked the other way.

You're the one out of touch with reality if you actually believe any day now they can just pop up and say, "Just Kidding!" It is TOO LATE. They are now the party of Trump whether they want to be or not, and they have two main people to thank for that: McConnell and Ryan. They made their bargain with the devil and they cannot go back.

Just ask any old school R or halfway decent conservative--most of whom have left the Party or become Independents.

wire-514863-1493933572-924_634x520.jpg


Oh, what's that, looks like the Republican Convention:

epa_rnc_trump_pence_ps_160721_mn_4x3_992.jpg


He's put up with by the (R) party.

That's because he doesn't have a whole lot of options otherwise....because POTUS aint' the god king everyone seems to think he is.

Because he CAN'T!!!

No he doesn't....most (R)'s don't go for the (R) party line. He goes for whatever best suits him.

Protect him?

OMG you must be joking...if they can toss him under the bus, they will. The GOP at large fucking hates Trump.

Most (R)'s would rather have Pence anyhow, but their base won't put up with "Well he's got to go because we hate him as much as the (D)'s because we're all really on the same team." so they've got to get him with something that at least appears to be legit.

The GOP is not team Trump...if you think so you are Pelosi level out of touch with reality.



They won't...they will want to hook him on something rock solid they can take to their base. They aren't going to feel safe nailing him to a wall with anything less.
 
Last edited:
Mazel Tov Tammy Duck … OH SHIT THE FBI JUST RAIDED MICHAEL COHEN’S HOTEL AND OFFICE!


Also, GOD DAMN, BABY, WOULD YOU BELIEVE THE FBI JUST RAIDED THE PRESIDENT’S LAWYER’S OFFICE?! Tell us more, New York Times:

The F.B.I. on Monday raided the office of President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, seizing records related to several topics including payments to a pornographic-film actress.

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan obtained the search warrant after receiving a referral from the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, according to Mr. Cohen’s lawyer, who called the search “completely inappropriate and unnecessary.” The search does not appear to be directly related to Mr. Mueller’s investigation, but likely resulted from information he had uncovered and gave to prosecutors in New York.

Cohen’s goddamn attorney, Stephen Ryan, said he had been “advised by federal prosecutors that the New York action is, in part, a referral by the Office of Special Counsel, Robert Mueller,” if you can fucking believe it.

Ryan said Cohen has already been cooperating with authorities, and had turned over scads of documents to Congress for its Russia investigation, which is a nice distraction because duh, this raid was not about that, you already said. Or maybe it was! The Times, citing a “person briefed on the search” — probably not a baby, then — said the payments to Stormy Daniels were just one of several topics related to the search:

The F.B.I. also seized emails, tax documents and business records, the person said.

The seized records include communications between Mr. Trump and Mr. Cohen, which would likely require a special team of agents to review because conversations between lawyers and clients are protected from scrutiny in most instances.

Just thought we should have a basis to bitch at each other about this. Besides Wonkette is humorous.:)
 
I know they all hate him privately and merely tolerate him (except for the Wing Nuts in the House) but all of that is beside the point.

No, that is the point...the point which shits all over your "PARTY OF TRUMP!!!" delusions.

THey have formed an unholy alliance, cemented and formalized by the great Tax Cuts.

Put the PCP down....you've already clearly got a borderline lethal dose of LSD going.

The R Party could have easily gotten rid of him a long time ago.

No, they couldn't have.

Because they can't risk throwing him under the bus without him dragging them along because his base is intertwined with theirs.

Which is why they need solid evidence of legit criminal activity before they can even consider joining the (D)'s to get rid of him. Otherwise they run a big risk of losing their job.

You're the one out of touch with reality if you actually believe any day now they can just pop up and say, "Just Kidding!" It is TOO LATE. They are now the party of Trump whether they want to be or not

*tells me I'm out of touch with reality, then makes shit up to persist in "Party of Trump" delusions*

:rolleyes:

I didn't say anything of the sort....you REALLY need to learn how to read.

and they have two main people to thank for that: McConnell and Ryan. They made their bargain with the devil and they cannot go back.

Oh yes they can...they got what they wanted, they don't owe him shit.

If any of these investigations give them a good enough piece of meat?

They will toss his ass to the wolves........
hqdefault.jpg
 
Last edited:
As I was saying.

Steve Schmidt, Republican strategist, on The 11th Hour last night:

I thought what we saw today was extremely disturbing. We see Donald Trump sitting there with his arms crossed like a dime story Mussolini saying that an attack on the “country” was the result of a legally executed search warrant on his private attorney. And what he really means there is that anything that endangers him, legally or otherwise, is an attack on the country, that the leader and the country are synonymous. That just goes to show the degree to which Donald Trump does not understand the United States of America.

It is because the United States is a nation of laws, where the rule of law prevails, and no person, even the President, is above the law. And so what we saw him do today was using the Senior Military Uniformed leadership of the country as political props while he goes on this disturbing rant while at the same time speculating about the use of military force and sending American men and women into harm’s way.

It was a very very disturbing performance and he seems unhinged, he seems off balance, at the exact moment in time where he appears to be contemplating military action.
 
He is propped up and protected by the R Party and he signs whatever crap they give him, even if he hates it.
Except they haven't handed him much. He signs executive orders, not bills, because he can't force even Gups to his will, let alone Dums. That's what happens when a luzer is installed: no clout.

Dubya was similarly cloutless before 9-11. Every congresscritter looks to their own future, not POTUS's, and opts for their own survival, not his. Gups got to pass Obama's budget once they had Tromp in the Oval Office. That and Gorsuch are Tromp's big Congressional wins. Yowzah...
 
Wow, this country would have been so much better with crooked Hilary in charge.

Idiocy has no bounds.

No one went after Obama this way, I mean no one.

You know what happened if you criticized Obama? Who was nothing more than a community organizer? Who promoted the same agenda as Europe, broke every one of his campaign promises, drove health care and our debt through the ceiling, and said "you didn't build that" and "you will save $2500 on your health care bill".

POS if there ever was one.

You know what you were called if you criticized him, and therefore, no one did.

Yet the fake news media and others like you in here will harp on a 1% negative thing they can find (witch hunt) and ignore how ISIS has been defeated, immigration reversed, economy second to no other presidency, and zero reasons to hate Trump except regurgitating the pablum you are fed.

How's your 401 doing?
 
Every LEO since Christ was a corporal on the vice squad goes for the low hanging fruit before gpong after Crooked Hillary.
 
Yeah, Obama had to fight these witch hunts as well! :rolleyes:

Tell you what, I am fed up with the LSM, deep state, and obstructionists ruining and denigrating our country and our President.

What is the beef? Where is the beef? Remember that commercial? You got nothing but sore loser syndrome.

Obama sealed his records. Where was the investigation? You want collusion? How about the press and the liberal duesh bag democrats?

Trump has done more for this country in one year, against all odds, than 8 years of the community organizer. Facts. Something that doesn't jibe with your hatred of our President.

If you don't like him, STFU and let him do his job - one he was rightfully elected to do.

Let's take a look at what Trump has done for our Nation.

He's appointed Scott Pruitt to head the EPA who has wasted thousands of taxpayer dollars on private vacations and a soundproof telephone booth. Pruitt gave a $56,000 plus raise to a staff member.

He appointed ex-Texas governor Rick Perry who ran twice unsuccessfully to head the Department of Energy. Perry before his appointment wanted to abolish the Dept. of Energy.

He appointed unsuccessful presidential candidate Ben Carson to the Department of Housing. Carson decided he needed a new conference table. He spent $43,000 of taxpayer money on it.

He has walked away from the agreement Obama signed off on concerning world climate change.

He has voided any and all Obama era rules, regulations or agreements without finding out about the rationale for these things.

He has insulted our foreign allies.

He has left judgeships, government positions and ambassadorships vacant.

He has started a trade war that will impact every facet of the American economy.

He fails to name Putin as the person who is responsible for the breach of security during American 2016 elections.

He has not asked Congress to ban all assault rifles and their civilian knockoffs, instead he offers his thoughts and prayers.
 
I asked this in another thread on the GB: Isn't it a little late to be raiding Trump's lawyer's office?

Even if Cohen has destroyed papers that concerned The Stormy Daniels case, Cohen will end up being charged with two counts of bank fraud plus have the IRS breathing down his neck. Between Trump and Cohen they have created a mess where Cohen will be forced to liquidate his assets to pay his own legal bills.
 
GOP strategist Rick Wilson drops hammer on Trump: Mueller may have gotten those ‘long-sought tax returns’ from Cohen

Republican strategist Rick Wilson gloated over the FBI raid of attorney Michael Cohen’s office after President Donald Trump insisted he knew nothing about a hush money payout to a porn actress.

In a scathing column for The Daily Beast, the GOP consultant said Cohen wasn’t so much an attorney as a “bag-walking, dick-swinging swagger-monkey wannabe thug attorney and consigliere for Donald Trump’s far-flung penile enterprises.”

Wilson said Cohen believed attorney-client privilege would protect him from consequences in the Stormy Daniels case, but “he forgot he had a fool for a client. Trump couldn’t shut his mouth on Air Force One last week.”

The president blurted out to reporters Thursday that he knew nothing about the non-disclosure agreement, which strengthens claims by the porn star’s attorney that Daniels entered into the hush agreement with Trump under false pretenses — and opened up Cohen to potential charges.

“If Cohen had a lump of coal in his ass the moment those search warrants arrived, he could have popped out a diamond,” Wilson said. “He realizes how deep this hole can become if he doesn’t roll over. He doesn’t have the resources to defend himself, and Trump isn’t exactly known for paying his bills in the first place. Cohen is scared, and he’s not alone.”

Trump is running out of lawyers that know the law. :)
 
Wow, this country would have been so much better with crooked Hilary in charge.
After Gups spent a billion taxpayer bucks probing Clintons, what was Hillary ever convicted of, let alone charged with in court?

Would Hillary have been an effective president? I dunno; I did't vote for her, or Wee Willie. Would Hillary have an easier time than Tromp has? Nope. Toxic Congress and media would be stomping her. Articles of impeachment would have been filed over a year ago.

But at least her presidency would be legitimate. Would she be cooking wars? I dunno. Would she be mocking allies? I doubt it. Would USA look so insane? Yeah, because USA *is* fucking insane. The outpatients are loose.
 
HRC forgot we count electoral votes not illegals votes.
Whip out your evidence of illegal votes. The cases I've seen involved Trompniks voting more than once.

And the electoral votes system values Delaware and Rhode Island voters more than Texans or Floridians, and installs luzers lacking popular support. We see how well that works.
 
https://wonkette.com/632383/donald-trump-the-fbi-took-my-strawberries

Before a meeting with defense officials last night, Donald Trump had himself a fine little meltdown about yesterday’s raids on the office, home, and hotel room of Trump’s personal attorney and fixer Michael Cohen. Boy, was he mad! The meeting was ostensibly called so Trump could put on his Commander In Chief hat (how he longs for an actual hat!) and discuss how to respond to a chemical weapons attack by the Syrian government on its own people. But for at least the first few minutes, Trump was far busier explaining that America itself is under attack, in the form of people being mean to Donald Trump. Don’t be surprised if Trump decides to vent some of his anger by choosing the most destructive option against Syria. And possibly a cruise missile strike on the Special Counsel’s office.

In conclusion, get ready for Trump to start bombing shit. He’s very concerned about this Syria situation.

Moar Tomahawks in Syria, Raytheon stocks up today!:)
 
From the Rick Wilson piece:
It’s an open secret and has been for quite a while, but Trump isn’t worth $10 billion. As one of my hedge-fund friends (an actual billionaire) said of Trump in 2015, “He’s a clown living on credit.” For Trump to have the public learn that he may not be as wealthy as he has continued to claim as the central element of his branding would hurt him more than if Mueller then proved he took sacks of cash and a foot massage from Vladimir Putin. Collusion with the Russians is nothing compared to having his baroque finances revealed. Trump would rather be known as a traitor than as someone who isn’t one of the Masters of the Universe.
 
Last edited:
Top Presidential Adviser Sean Hannity said that Trump “was forced to address” the Cohen warrant in his meeting, but by all other accounts Trump kicked off with it, unprompted.

mr. phrodeau I hope that you're not suggesting that Hannity was incorrect or even worse, purposely reporting false information.

That doesn't sound like the Sean Hannity that I know.
 
Let's take a look at what Trump has done for our Nation.

He's appointed Scott Pruitt to head the EPA who has wasted thousands of taxpayer dollars on private vacations and a soundproof telephone booth. Pruitt gave a $56,000 plus raise to a staff member.

He appointed ex-Texas governor Rick Perry who ran twice unsuccessfully to head the Department of Energy. Perry before his appointment wanted to abolish the Dept. of Energy.

He appointed unsuccessful presidential candidate Ben Carson to the Department of Housing. Carson decided he needed a new conference table. He spent $43,000 of taxpayer money on it.

He has walked away from the agreement Obama signed off on concerning world climate change.

He has voided any and all Obama era rules, regulations or agreements without finding out about the rationale for these things.

He has insulted our foreign allies.

He has left judgeships, government positions and ambassadorships vacant.

He has started a trade war that will impact every facet of the American economy.

He fails to name Putin as the person who is responsible for the breach of security during American 2016 elections.

He has not asked Congress to ban all assault rifles and their civilian knockoffs, instead he offers his thoughts and prayers.

And the problem is?
 
We get it. You're part of the hopeless 35%.

Let's get back to the OP. The FBI just raided the office of Trump's longtime personal lawyer seeking documents related to payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. They could never have gotten these warrants without serious evidence that crimes had been committed, and that evidence of those crimes could be found in these locations.

btw this has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation, despite Dear Leader lying to you and saying it is. It isn't.

This is not Carter Page or George Papadopulous or even Paul Manafort. This is as close to Trump as you can get. They took Cohen's phone and personal computers, among other things. You don't think they will find communications with Trump himself implicating him in these crimes? You better hope not.

This means deep shit for the Orange Idiot. Big problems. And the best part? He brought it all on himself Bwa Ha ha ha.




And the problem is?
 
Chuck Schumer today on the Senate Floor:

The Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor was an attack on our country.

9/11 was an attack on our country.

Russia's meddling in the 2016 election was an attack on our country.

The FBI raiding the office of your personal lawyer was NOT AN ATTACK ON OUR COUNTRY.
 
Back
Top