Why does anyone NEED an assault rifle?

You mean SNOWFLAKE! LOL

How about you, genius, do you draw any line as to what kind of weapons citizens should legally own?

Me and others are trying to have an intelligent conversation on this topic. Do you think that you're up to it or do you just want to trade insults?

That gets old real fast for me.

Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png

Well put, and in a way that even a liberal might have a chance of understanding!

How about you, genius, do you draw any line as to what kind of weapons citizens should legally own?

Me and others are trying to have an intelligent conversation on this topic. Do you think that you're up to it or do you just want to trade insults?

That gets old real fast for me.

Intelligent conversation?

Only someone who jerks off to guns would spend $4k on an Armani suit.

I have an opportunity to get a deal on a low mileage M-1 tank. Are you o.k with that?

Are you a Libertarian who believes that people should be able to do whatever they want as long as it does no one harm or is this just about your passion for guns?

semantics, shemantics

I don't consider extremism intelligent. And the last one.... Seriously????

It's typical of some people to label anyone who disagrees with them a libtard and assign them positions that they've never taken.

btw, libtard is played out, you need to come up with something new.

And yet the left does that all the time. I have been called every "ist" and "phobe" in the book because I disagreed with what a liberal says. None of them actually apply to me but when a Liberal is losing they resort to insult. If you can't win, piss them off. Right? When are YOU going to come up with something new?

And yet the left does that all the time. I have been called every "ist" and "phobe" in the book because I disagreed with what a liberal says. None of them actually apply to me but when a Liberal is losing they resort to insult. If you can't win, piss them off. Right? When are YOU going to come up with something new?

Not by me and I'm one of the people trying to have an honest conversation. How is that, I replaced intelligent with honest? Are you capable of honesty?

Not by me and I'm one of the people trying to have an honest conversation. How is that, I replaced intelligent with honest? Are you capable of honesty?

Condescending? yep!!!
Arrogant? yep!!!
And then you want to claim to want an honest conversation?
You want another bite of that cake until you have it all, nothing more, nothing less...

Oh... So now we resort to insinuation. Just as insulting and only slightly less childish.

Where have I been other than honest here?

Oh... So now we resort to insinuation. Just as insulting and only slightly less childish.

He only defines 'honest' as anyone who totally accepts his line of bullshit, and subscribes to his version of reality...

It's not punishing gun owners to institute sensible gun laws. No one's taking your precious guns away (though I personally would like to, I'm not a politician.)

Not Obama, not Hillary, not the Parkland Students. NO ONE IS TAKING YOUR LITTLE METAL STICK AWAY.

We want sensible gun laws like universal background checks, waiting periods, raising the age, and banning ASSAULT RIFLES and whatever blows up internal organs like smashed fruit and kills/maims scores of people in one minute. You come up with the terms, and we'll ban them.

I don't see why it's so hard. You can't own chemical weapons or sawed off shotguns.

The more fanatics like you dig in like this and refuse to be sensible, the more likely it is you will lose ANY access to guns. The NRA will not just be neutered, it will be blown away for good. The momentum is now swinging towards common sense and the vast majority of Americans.

Also, apparently this is news to you: when normal people see little kids getting their heads blown off in class, they are so horrified they want to stop it. It's called common decency, which you lack, along with empathy and a soul.

Yes more people die from slipping in the bathtub or any number of ways. That's not the issue. Think about it. Try to pretend you are a human.

Easily commit mass murder?

Perhaps you have forgotten that Timmothy McViegh killed 168 people and injured 680 more, with property damage in the hundreds of millions. He did it with a truck full of fertilizer.

And you may have forgotten the FIRST world trade center bombing in 1992. Oh but only 6 people died. more than 1000 injured but only the deaths count, right? Weapon of choice? truck full of fertilizer.

Or 9/11/2001. World Trade Center destroyed, Pentagon heavily damaged. 3000 dead, 6000+injured. Weapon of choice? Plane tickets and box cutters.

Or maybe you weren't alive to hear about the Happy Land Social Club in NYC. All 87 people inside dead and burned to ash. Weapon of choice? One gallon of gasoline.

Or how 'bout Heaven's Gate? All 39 dead. Weapon of choice? Koolaid and rat poison.

Do I need to mention Jim Jones? Or David Karesh?

What about school killings? Ok. What about the Bath School "disaster" in 1927. 45 dead, 58 injured. Weapon of choice? dynamite. The tolls would have been higher but Kehoe's 2nd bomb failed to detonate.

Seems to me in many recent terrorist attacks the weapon of choice was a large truck plowing into a crowd. Several others I remember hearing about that were not terrorists but deranged manics plowing into a music festival and a parade. (Assault Hyundai?)

The truth is, if someone want to kill a lot of people there are dozens of ways to do it without guns.

So again, why punish MILLIONS of legal gun owners who have never, and will never harm another person, for the acts of two or three madmen? Where is the Due Proccess that is demanded for everything else?

It's not punishing gun owners to institute sensible gun laws. No one's taking your precious guns away (though I personally would like to, I'm not a politician.)

NO ONE IS TAKING YOUR LITTLE METAL STICK AWAY.
Condescending much?

We want sensible gun laws like universal background checks, waiting periods, raising the age, and banning ASSAULT RIFLES and whatever blows up internal organs like smashed fruit and kills/maims scores of people in one minute. You come up with the terms, and we'll ban them.
Arrogant much?

The more fanatics like you dig in like this and refuse to be sensible, the more likely it is you will lose ANY access to guns. The NRA will not just be neutered, it will be blown away for good. The momentum is now swinging towards common sense and the vast majority of Americans.
Unrealistic much?

At the moment, state to state reciprocity is moving through Congress, and Trump stands to appoint three more SCOTUS justices, which will lock gun rights for America as the 2nd Amendment intended.

Try to pretend you are a human.

Yea ... Fuck these liberal snowflake assholes

I am the proud owner of that first American Assault Rifle, one of it's variants actually.
It represents the initial thrust of American Colonial Aggression and is very dear to me as it establishes a very important historical point.

It is very accurate, handy, doesn't weigh much, and operates smooth as butter.

It is a 1901 Krag-Jorganson Cavalry carbine. Only five shots in the non-removable magazine with the first small bore cartridge adopted by the US Army. It only fought in one war ( Philippine Insurrection, ~1903).

I have no interest in an AR-15 or AK-47 they have no style and only remind me of the foolishness of using a varmint cartridge for medium game (people). The AR was developed for the Air Force when it became evident that the Air Force couldn't handle a full size cartridge, so Stoner made a fun gun for wimps.

The real problem with the AR is it legitimized the spray and pray method of burning more ammo than is necessary, causing much infliction of collateral damage.

Last edited:

Not Obama, not Hillary, not the Parkland Students. NO ONE IS TAKING YOUR LITTLE METAL STICK AWAY.

I don't see why it's so hard. You can't own chemical weapons or sawed off shotguns.

Also, apparently this is news to you: when normal people see little kids getting their heads blown off in class, they are so horrified they want to stop it. It's called common decency, which you lack, along with empathy and a soul.

Yes more people die from slipping in the bathtub or any number of ways. That's not the issue. Think about it. Try to pretend you are a human.

And again, more childish name calling from someone who does not know me and wants to make ignorant assumptions and who does not want to address the actual POINT.

I DO care about our children. But When I hear of children getting their heads blown off in a "GUN FREE ZONE" and people telling me it's the guns that are to blame I want to punish the criminals, NOT the people who did nothing wrong. And yes, banning and confiscating guns IS the agenda whether anyone wants to actually admit it or not. But you want to trivialize it because it's not YOUR rights being trampled. But if I so much as hint at threatening one of YOUR rights you'll go ballistic. Wouldn't you. The left LOVES to tout their rights while trampling everyone else's.

Try to pretend you know what the fuck you're talking about. Oh... Wait... That IS what you were doing. Allow me to rephrase: Try ACTUALLY knowing what you're talking about.

For now, please don't try to limit the constitutional rights of others, because that will justify others coming to limit yours and mine!
^^ This ^^

Whatever the concept, any encroachment on our constitutional rights should be met with, "Oh, hell no." As Josephine said, this go around, it's on others. Next go around might be on any one of us.

And the third word is "regulated." Which is necessary. 'Cause you know, idiots.

The newly-signed gun law in Florida creates the Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program, which allows sheriffs to certify school personnel to carry weapons in schools, for the express purpose of countering armed assailants.

Here are the requirements for those who wish to participate:

1. Hold a valid license issued under s. 790.06.
2. Complete 132 total hours of comprehensive firearm safety and proficiency training conducted by Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission-certified instructors, which must include:
a. Eighty hours of firearms instruction based on the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission’s Law Enforcement Academy training model, which must include at least 10 percent but no more than 20 percent more rounds fired than associated with academy training. Program participants must achieve an 85 percent pass rate on the firearms training.
b. Sixteen hours of instruction in precision pistol.
c. Eight hours of discretionary shooting instruction using state-of-the-art simulator exercises.
d. Eight hours of instruction in active shooter or assailant scenarios.
e. Eight hours of instruction in defensive tactics.
f. Twelve hours of instruction in legal issues.
3. Pass a psychological evaluation administered by a psychologist licensed under chapter 490 and designated by the Department of Law Enforcement and submit the results of the evaluation to the sheriff’s office. The Department of Law Enforcement is authorized to provide the sheriff’s office with mental health and substance abuse data for compliance with this paragraph.
4. Submit to and pass an initial drug test and subsequent random drug tests in accordance with the requirements of s.112.0455 and the sheriff’s office.
5. Successfully complete ongoing training, weapon inspection, and firearm qualification on at least an annual basis.
6. Successfully complete at least 12 hours of a certified nationally recognized diversity training program.
Sounds good, doesn't it? Sensible and stringent enough to maintain public confidence in their abilities.

If only all gun owners could manage to pass those requirements. If only all gun owners showed any desire to even try.

That was your assumption, not my intent.

Do you really not draw the line anywhere? Should legal citizens with clean records, carrying NRA cards be able to own rocket launchers, surface to air missiles, bazookas, mortars?

I am the proud owner of that first American Assault Rifle, one of it's variants actually.
It represents the initial thrust of American Colonial Aggression and is very dear to me as it establishes a very important historical point.

It is very accurate, handy, doesn't weigh much, and operates smooth as butter.

It is a 1901 Krag-Jorganson Cavalry carbine. Only five shots in the non-removable magazine with the first small bore cartridge adopted by the US Army. It only fought in one war ( Philippine Insurrection, ~1903).

I have no interest in an AR-15 or AK-47 they have no style and only remind me of the foolishness of using a varmint cartridge for medium game (people). The AR was developed for the Air Force when it became evident that the Air Force couldn't handle a full size cartridge, so Stoner made a fun gun for wimps.

The real problem with the AR is it legitimized the spray and pray method of burning more ammo than is necessary, causing much infliction of collateral damage.

I'm in that boat with you. While I don't own any black powder firearms, what I do own are guns that were manufactured or at least designed more than 100 years ago.

My Mauser rifles (ok they have been sporterized) are incredibly accurate for rifles made at the turn of the LAST century.

I have a Marlin Lever action (manufactured in 1995) built on a design Marlin has used since the 1870s.

And a few 1911s. All built within the last ten years but still that venerable workhorse from WWI.

I do not own an AR. Don't particularly want one. I have shot a friends AR a few times and it is a very nice rifle. Very accurate as a semi-auto. Spray and pray doesn't thrill me.

To me, the AR is the gun world equivalent of a Lamborghini. You appreciate them for their design, engineering and performance. But just as you would not responsibly take your Aventador out to test maximum performance on a public roadway, AR and AK owners, who are responsible, do not go shooting up public places.

No, I don't care to own one myself. But that does NOT mean that no one should own one. It is a personal preference. And as I stated in the original post, personal choice is the most basic freedom we are offered and if we start denying THAT freedom, how long before all your other freedoms are gone?

People need to stop trying to get rid of things they don't like or don't understand and get on with their own lives. Yes. People use guns to kill other people. They use a lot of other things a LOT more. And taking something someone enjoys for no other reason than they have an abnormal hatred for it is unconstitutional. And it is just plain wrong.

That was your assumption, not my intent.

Do you really not draw the line anywhere? Should legal citizens with clean records, carrying NRA cards be able to own rocket launchers, surface to air missiles, bazookas, mortars?

So you want to keep pushing the ridiculous extremes here.

Those things are not legal to own here. The only people you could purchase them from is the Gov't. The Gov't is not going to sell them to you and you couldn't afford them if they did.

But there ARE people in the US who DO own, privately, retired US military heavy weapons, such as tanks and artillery. They have to jump through more hoops than a years worth of Barnum Bailey & Wringling brothers to get them and they pay more for them than I make in 20 yrs. I forget the actor's name but he played Warf in the Star Trek the Next Generation series. He is the proud owner of a USAF F86 Sabre. There are others who own, privately, retired jet fighters, bombers and helicopters. But you don't hear about them going psycho and blowing up cities.

Just as you don't here about the 3+ million AR owners who DIDN'T shoot up a school or concert.

Keep painting. You're almost to the corner.

BTW: I made no assumptions. You were pretty clear. But I know you don't have the maturity to take responsibility for it.

The newly-signed gun law in Florida creates the Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program, which allows sheriffs to certify school personnel to carry weapons in schools, for the express purpose of countering armed assailants.

Sounds good, doesn't it? Sensible and stringent enough to maintain public confidence in their abilities.

If only all gun owners could manage to pass those requirements. If only all gun owners showed any desire to even try.

Since we're requiring people to do all this to exercise a Constitutional right, perhaps we need to discuss seeking some requirements to vote, which all we've been asking for is nothing more than a valid ID?

Did I say little metal stick? I meant pathetic penis substitute for insecure "males."

Ooooh, is that a threat? Sounds like you have an aggression problem, who would have guessed. Are you sure you aren't cheering on the mass murderers?

Liberal snowflake asshole is much better than babykiller, big man

Condescending much?

Arrogant much?

Unrealistic much?

At the moment, state to state reciprocity is moving through Congress, and Trump stands to appoint three more SCOTUS justices, which will lock gun rights for America as the 2nd Amendment intended.

Yea ... Fuck these liberal snowflake assholes

Are you sure you aren't cheering on the mass murderers?

Yes, please do tell us of your support for abortion, and how many baby killings have you supported? Maybe we should make it a requirement that abortions be performed with a handgun?

But you assume that they aren't willing to? Or cannot be that proficient? Or is it the psych test that you believe we can't pass.

News flash for you, Skippy. Over the past 5 years alone I have passed at least 20 drug screens, some included blood and hair follicle testing, more than a dozen criminal background checks including some VERY stringent, in depth investigations to be approved as a contractor on military bases, to work a six week contract in the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (where I was replacing outdated equipment in the vaults) and most recently to obtain the Haz-Mat endorsement on my CDL. I have also, in the past, been an NRA certified pistol instructor and a competitive shooter in several shooting sports. No, I am not the only one. There are far more of us than you would even begin to believe

Again, I ask that you people stop making ignorant assumptions about things you obviously know jack shit about. You all say you want an intelligent discourse and then act like rude little children. You say you want truth but you don't want to hear it. Instead you want what you already believe to be the truth. But truth doesn't work that way. Truth is backed up by fact and evidence. Not just what CNN told you.

Like many of you CNN wouldn't admit the truth to save their own children's lives. And that IS what this is all about.

Did I say little metal stick? I meant pathetic penis substitute for insecure "males."

Ooooh, is that a threat? Sounds like you have an aggression problem, who would have guessed. Are you sure you aren't cheering on the mass murderers?

Wow. Let's go Freudian, eh? You want to compare guns to penises? Gee, I hope you don't wear lipstick. That could be embarrassing for you.

Again, stop acting like an insolent 6 yr old.

You don't impress me, little girl.

Back