Is this incest to you?

I have no reason not to believe you.


I see your point now.

I do think of it as incest. I don't think it's fair if Amazon allowed other incest stories and not yours.

I wasn't aware that Amazon has a forum for publishing stories on their site.

I'm not trying to discourage you in any way. I'm just trying to figure out where best to publish it. I have no experience there.

Its not so much about fair its that some people want to break the rules to make a few bucks. I know I could be selling a ton of pure incest work there.

But once your caught you're banned so I'll water my stuff down to keep publishing there.

Now looking through this thread I think its close enough I won;t chance it.

I'll make the mother a "step mother" but on smashowrds leave them as mother/daughter as SW allows incest.
 
My comments are added in bold type.

WEll, first that's why I'm asking

second let's not make Amazon out to be so moral in their policies.

I am not making anything out. Amazon can adopt any policy it chooses. It's their site, their rules. What you, I or anybody else may think is of no consequence.

They caved to an infinitesimal group of customers who were upset about real incest and banned it (rumor is they were embarrassed their top 1000 seller list was full of incest stories including those by Lit's own Selena Kitt)

I doubt you know the size of the group and rumour is hardly a credible anchor for your argument

However, what they do allow is step stories. I am sure some have complained of those, but fact is it is not an illegal act just a sleazy one.

You know what most step stories consist of? A couple of sentences where the kid refers to mom/dad as a "step" then the entire rest of the book its "mommy/daddy please do me!"

I have seen that these books have been complained of but amazon has no issue with them if someone wants to "assume" they are real mother/son they cannot help that.

so let's back off comments like "is it being honest to them?" I doubt they care that much.

Perhaps they don't care - that is beside the point. Additionally, your quote is incorrect. You added the words "to them" which changed the meaning significantly. Doing that also had the ironic effect of stressing your own want of intellectual honesty once again.

I said that trying to con Amazon was dishonest, I maintain that opinion and even if you think Amazon's conduct is questionable, that provides no excuse or mitigation for anyone trying to 'game their rules'.


If a book is reported that book is banned and the author warned, if it happens again the author is banned.

also amazon could save the questions if they made even an iota of an effort to screen books there wouldn't be questionable content to begin with.

When I search the kindle store I find titles like "my sister's hot pussy and mommy likes it in the ass" most are step, but many are real incest that they let through and as long as no one reports them they will stay forever and by the way? both those title shave rankings in the top 5k in the store. people are dying to buy real incest amazon just pretends they are appalled by it.

But I did ask the question to garner opinions and try to judge how it would be perceived by readers not amazon.

If the readers have no issue amazon will never get involved.

I think that is too sweeping. Amazon will be very wary of avoiding prosecution for publishing obscene material. Such a prosecution might be difficult in the USA but would be relatively easy in other jurisdictions. They would be concerned for commercial reasons to protect their overall reputation. At the moment Amazon does not perhaps have the IT capability to automatically eliminate material which breaches their policies - but it's only a matter of time.


They follow their content the way Lit enforces their rules-the readers do it.

I anticipate that Amazon will be tightening up controls right through their site in the near future. You may need to seek alternative outlets sooner rather than later.
 
My comments are added in bold type.



I anticipate that Amazon will be tightening up controls right through their site in the near future. You may need to seek alternative outlets sooner rather than later.

Amazon cannot be prosecuted for any material they carry. They dropped incest through the "bad reputation" or whatever reason they chose. However they could have never been nor can be sued for it.

If incest can get you sued lit better shut down now.

As for their tightening their controls that would be a benefit to all the indy authors who do follow guidelines and common sense.

There are many indy authors who constantly fly in the face of the rules. They post books with the title Stepmother fucker(look it up I'm not kidding) they post covers that show blatant nudity and also continue to try to sneak incest as well as underage sex.

They think their funny and trying to make a few bucks what they don't realize what will happen is amazon will say okay we're done now and throw off all of Indy authors or at least decide they want to avoid the erotica genre entirely.

But if before that they tighten their reigns I would welcome that. I get pissed off when I see titles like My Sisters pussy and covers with tits hanging out.

On the other hand you can't tell me they cannot at least screen the title of a book. They play the game lit does here.

Here are our rules but we only enforce them when someone raises a stink.

You also haven't even attempted to answer a simple question but seem fixed on telling me I'm cheating amazon when the whole purpose of the thread was to see what people thought about it.

So take your prejudice towards me and blow it out of your pretentious ass.
 
Apologies for the slow response as I have been away for a few days, and as the thread is pretty played out I'll make it short.

The ill temper of your last sentence LC is the all too frequent response of someone like you, who, as in this case has been caught out, You originally made a proposal that was at least in part dishonest and then compromised your own integrity by deliberately miss-quoting me to support your argument.

However, abuse away as much as you wish, I shan't be responding similarly.:)
 
Back
Top