Gorilla killed after 4-year-old falls into zoo enclosure

CaesuraDawn

Experienced
So, my father and many other people are outraged that a rare gorilla was killed by zoo authorities, all because a child could have died. There are signs posted around zoos and if there aren't, it should be common sense to not be up against the railings of an enclosure containing a wild animal.
From personal experience, both of my parents never allowed me or my siblings to roam around unattended or without holding their hand (I also think we were smarter than that with all the rampant kidnappings and such and not to mention getting our asses beat if we disobeyed).
I would have to agree, that if the mother was more vigilant or careful to hold her child then this whole thing would not have happened. I know that certain animals are taken better care of than human beings, so it's just a big loss overall.
Here is a comment from comedian Christopher Titus on his twitter: "An extremely endangered gorilla was shot and killed because a child was in danger yet that kids parents who put the kid in danger still live."
Tell me what your thoughts are!~ <3 ~

Back