Mari's nest ... Rustic Escape ...

*finally looks up from her screen and pauses .. then rises, setting the lap top aside and moves to open the door...*

:rose:
 
* just about to leave when the door opens*
Hi ..I was around and thought I would stop and say hi.
 
Hello Ezra!

*smiles and hugs him*

Nice of you to drop by ... do come in if you'd like that is ?

:rose:
 
Coffee would be perfect. Thanks

*looking around I can find no discernable mess except some papers on the table*
*trying to look confused"
My dear ..what mess?
 
* indicates the papers, pens and pencils and still open lap top*

Oh well .. um... coffee it is ....


*heads for the kitchen and comes back with a tray with two mugs, cream, milk and sugar .... and of course a plate of cookies*

... dig in ...


*she smiles at the familiarity of sharing coffee and indicates for him to sit on the sofa ... she moves the lap top and joins him*

:rose:
 
* I smile watching her go and then return with the tray, I noticing the cookies as she sets the tray down *

"...dig in...
* I gratefully take a seat and continue to marvel at her grace as moves the lap top and sits down pouring the coffee, taking my cup I add my usual amount of cream, and two surgars, at the moment I'm resisting the cookies but I know my resolve won't last long*

How are you doing today?
 
*sips own coffee*

... usual tough work day... home now and relaxing... reading through stories and planning next moves... is a fun distraction ...

How are you feeling? Any better?


:rose:
 
Yes I am but these things drag on once I get them , might not totaly shake it untill spring.
*grimacing*
But I won't share the details with you,it's not pretty some times.

*taking a drink of my coffe now, and finally giving in to cookie lust*
 
(sorry Mari I have to go into work now they just called )

*hugs and kisses*
 

Bye Ezra .... thanks for stopping by ... see you again soon ...


*settles down to writing once more ... mug in hand ... sipping as she considers options ... *

:rose:
 
*ties a robe around her, securing it around her damp freshly showered body ...
Taking a towel and wrapping it around wet newly washed hair and then stepping out of bathroom and into lounge. Pours herself a glass of wine and sips it watching the flames of the open fire ... relaxes back with a sigh, curling legs under her as she picks up a notebook and flicks idylly through it *

:rose:
 
*stands taking out ice and preparing drink .... glancing out at the view with a soft sigh .... takes glass and crosses to couch ... relaxing and watching the fire flames dancing*

:rose:
 
Hey DM!! How are you! Just spotted you have your own place so thought I'd stop by and say hello!! Nice place you got here!!

**leaves a "welcome to your new place" card and a big bouquet of mixed flowers!! (attachment wouldn't attach, so your have to imagine them! They are particularly lovely!!")

Enjoy! & I'll drop by again to say hello!!
 
visit

i knock on your door you ask who it is i tell you my name is susan and i have come a long way and would love to come in for some food and drink and a little rest-------susan
 
Sorry Susan, I don't know you and this is a private place for me to chat with my friends ...

DM
 
*sips chilled glass of dry white wine and reads through her threads ... enjoying a relaxing Sunday afternoon....*

:rose:
 
*comes in and sits down, drinking an Earl Grey tea. Waggles box of biscuits that she brought*

Hey DM! How's life with you this fine Saturday?
 
Hi Sally! Glad you made yourself comfortable ..

*sips her coffee and helps herself to one of the biscuits*


... real life is not so great, actually ...


*sighs*

... but it's good to escape ... how are you doing?

:rose:
 
I'm good! Thanks. Just trying valiantly not to murder my kids as they wreck the house!!!

But on the plus side it's Saturday so today and tomorrow off work! Might head out on the town tonight!

Have u any plans for the weekend?

I hope whatever is causing rl problems for you resolves itself.
 
*chuckles at Sally's words*

... I only have a kitten to control fortunately ...

I had intended to be out and about today, but not really well enough to do so.

All will work out ... I'm sorting through things and reorganising my life as we speak ...


*smiles*
 
Back
Top