Large-scale 'Fallout' RP?

RhoEpsilonDelta

Literotica Guru
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Posts
814
I was just starting an SRP based on the Fallout series of computer games, and associated literature, but my partner will be unavailable to play for about the next week. As the current story's a closed RP I've agreed to put it on hold for the time being, but while doing the set-up for it I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in participating in a more detailed and plot-driven adventure.

What I'd be looking at would be a party-style adventure with set goals and quests for the characters to work towards, while at the same time flirting uncontrollably with each other and getting upto sexual hijinks along the way.

Each participant would be able to create their own character using the Fallout generator system as a model. I've included the profile for the character I'm currently playing with (who may appear a little familiar to some people) at the bottom of this post to give people an idea of what I mean. I could see participants taking on the role of Vault Dwellers, Brotherhood of Steel (or Outcast) Paladins, Enclave Officers, NCR Rangers, Regulators, Legionnaires, Tribals, Replicants, gang members or any of the other factions within the games. If they really wanted to participants could even use more bizarre characters, such as a ghoul, a super-mutant, a talking deathclaws, a robot AI, a cryogenically frozen soldier or serial killer from the past, an unlucky dog or a mutant cow.

The characters would be the equivalent of level 30 from the games, with 3 Tag Skills, 2 Traits and 20 Perks, which could be mix-and-matched between the different games if you wished, as long as they seemed appropriate to your character. Some of the perks could be tweaked a little to for the RP, for instance 'Comprehension' helps you gain skill points in the games, but as I wouldn't want to have to keep track of character's statistics while writing in the story (unless the participants really wanted that level of detail) it would instead let a character understand any books, signs or notes they found lying around easily, or give them the ability to understand foreign languages.

When they start out I can see each character having been given, or otherwise acquired, a set of basic equipment in order to help them out. This would include at least one weapon; a suit of clothing or armour; a backpack, rucksack or other storage portable storage; and a set of basic rations and medical equipment. These would be tailored around each character, so for instance a Vault Dweller would most likely have a Pip-Boy to use as a map and radio, while a Paladin or Enclave officer would have an armoured suit with a built-in radio. Again, rather than bothering to keep track of character stats, it would automatically be assumed that a character would have the skills and abilities required to use whatever equipment they started with. However they may not be able to use someone else's equipment as well.

The adventure could take place in either the Great Lakes, New York or Texas areas of America, to avoid any of the territories currently used in the franchise so we can be a little flexible with in-world history and events if we'd like. The actual date for the adventure would be something we could discuss further before we started, but could be worked around the current game events so as to make best use of the existing material.

Alternatively the game could be set in a different part of the world entirely, although we'd then have to go about creating a lot more backstory for the adventure than is currently available for the American settings.


ROBCO INDUSTRIES (TM) TERMLINK PROTOCOL

<-- Vault Personnel Files Accessed -->
<-- Personnel File 004-436532DAU/033a - Sloan, Scarlett Ingrid -->

450Fallout-Scarlett.png

Location: Vault 4, Manhattan (RESTRICTED: Experiment 004 - "Religious Extremism In Isolated Communities" - see crossref. file J-2/Delta)
Status: Resident (by birth)
Position: Medical Intern
Tag Skills: Medicine, Speech, Sneak and Energy Weapons
S, P, E, C, I, A, L
9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9
Date of Birth: November 22, 2140 - Scorpio
Family: Father - Karsten Sloan (004-436532DAU/023), Mother - Melanie Sloan (née Johansson) (004-436866REY/021), Sister - Vanessa Matthews (née Sloan) (004-436532DAU/031), Brother - Adrian Sloan (004-436532DAU/032), Brother - Hunter Sloan (004-436532DAU/033b)
Gender: Female
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Religious Affiliation: Fundamentalist Christian, lapsed BLASPHEMER
Marital Status: Single WHORE
Height: 5'4" (163cm)
Weight: 125lb (57kg)
Vital Stats.: 36DD-25-36
Traits: Sex Appeal, Small Frame
Sexuality: Bisexual DEVIANT
Perks: Almost Perfect, Chemist, Chem Resistant, Child at Heart, Comprehension, Concentrated FireCyborg, Daddy's Girl, Educated, Explorer, Light Step, Meltdown, Party Girl, Plasma Spaz, Rad Resistance, Rad Tolerance, Run 'n' Gun, Scrounger, Silent Running, Tag!
Overseer's Notes:
Growing up in a Vault populated with highly religious, puritanical Christians who followed the Flat Earth doctrine of absolute belief in the Bible and its teachings, Scarlett always got in trouble as a child for being too inquisitive and asking too many questions. Her curious nature led to her becoming one of the more knowledgeable residents and she was eventually apprenticed to the Chief Medical Officer.
After she got a little too playful with the Controller's daughter during an annual medical the Overseer, who was also the Chief Minister of the Vault, decided it would be best to send her out into the city 'to find medical supplies'.
Issuing her with just enough equipment to make sure she'd be able to get far enough away from the Vault before getting herself killed Scarlett suddenly found herself thrust alone into a hostile world filled with things that wanted to kill her, which both frightened and excited her.
And things that wanted to fuck her, which she had absolutely no problem with!
<-- File Ends -->

<-- Vault Requisition Request 004-436532DAU/033a 26/03/2161-001-->
The following items have been approved for issue to 004-436532DAU/033a - Sloan, Scarlett Ingrid:
> 1 RobCo Industries Pip-Boy 3000, updated with latest geographical and cartographical data held - CHECK
> 1 Vault-Tec Boomer Jumpsuit, modified by Sister Patrice for greater purity - DECLINED BY RECIPIENT
> 1 Brown Flight Jacket - CHECK
> 1 Vault-Tec All-Weather 'Woodsman' Backpack - CHECK
> 1 Glock 86 'Plasma Defender' plasma pistol - CHECK
> 5 Small Vault-Tec Energy Cells (ammunition charge range) - CHECK
> 1 Vault-Tec 'Solar Rejuvenator' Recharge Unit - CHECK
> 1 Standard-issue Combat Knife - CHECK
> 1 Standard-issue Chastity Belt - DECLINED BY RECIPIENT
> 3 1-litre bottles of Purified Water - CHECK
> 20 Standard-issue Ration Packs - CHECK
> 5 Lee Rapid Pharmaceuticals stimulation delivery packages - CHECK
> 4 Vault-Tec Rad-X packs - CHECK
> 2 Lee Rapid Pharmaceuticals RadAway packs - CHECK

Amendment - 03/23/2161-01
Also requested by recipient:
> 6 bottles of Nuka-Cola Quantum - DECLINED BY OVERSEER <Overseer Personal Note: "Vital community supplies.">
> 3 packs of Raspberry-flavoured Bubblegum - DECLINED BY OVERSEER <Overseer Personal Note: "Vital community supplies.">
> 3 packs of Party Time Mentats - USER WARNING: Prohibited Substance - APPROVED BY OVERSEER <Overseer Personal Note: "If the damn fool girl wants to get baked in the middle of a ruined city, we might as well let her. It's not like we're going to use the damned things down here anyway!">
<-- File Ends -->
 
Last edited:
I don't really have time to keep up with a big group RP, though I absolutely love the Fallout universe, but this is really well done. I hope it takes off for you!
 
Character Template:

ROBCO INDUSTRIES (TM) TERMLINK PROTOCOL

<-- Vault Personnel Files Accessed -->
<-- Personnel File XXX-XXXXXXAAA/XXX - Character Name -->
Location: Place of birth or origin, may also indicate faction allegiance
Status: Resident/Immigrant/Exile/Fugitive/Etc. Gies an indication for your character's current legal status
Position: Career, occupation or trade description
Tag Skills: See Fallout Wiki Skills section, each character may usually only have upto 3. For the purposes of the RP, these will be considered to be the characters main skills
S, P, E, C, I, A, L (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility and Luck.) Basic values (1-9) to show the physical attributes for your character, these are just to give an idea of your prowess in certain field as the story progresses
Date of Birth: When you character was born or created
Family: Any relatives or relations you may have, only really important if you are associated with another participant in some way
Gender: Male/Female/Transgender/Other
Hair: What colour hair your character has, if any
Eyes: Ditto for eyes
Religious Affiliation: If your character has ny religious beliefs or upbringing which may affect their reactions in certain circumstances
Marital Status: Single/Married/Divorced/Widowed
Height: How tall would they be naked
Weight: How much would they weigh naked
Vital Stats.: Chest-Waist-Hip measurements
Traits: See Fallout Wiki Traits section, each character may have upto 2
Sexuality: Homosexual/Heterosexual/Bisexual/Homoflexible/Heteroflexible/Asexual An indication of the character's preferred sexual partnership
Perks: See Fallout Wiki Perks section, each character may have upto 20. For the purposes of the RP Titles can also be included here, taking up 1 Perk slot each, as long as they're covered by the character's backstory. While any Perk could be chosen, I'd advise against using Special, Quest or Challenge perks unless the events required to achieve them are part of the character's biography. If you plan on taking Power Armour, one of your Perks must be Power Armor Training, unless you just want to lug the stuff around and not use it.
Overseer's Notes:
This section can be used to give a little flavour to your character, briefly detailing their history and backstory.
<-- File Ends -->

<-- Vault Requisition Request XXX-XXXXXXAAA/XXX Date-001-->
The following items have been approved for issue to XXX-XXXXXXAAA/XXX - Character Name:
> 1 Class or faction specific piece of equipment (IE. Pip-Boy 3000 for a Vault Dweller, Power Armour for a Paladin, etc.)
> 1 Piece of clothing or armour (Power Armour would automatically fill this slot and so the line should be removed if already taken)
> 1 backpack, rucksack or other portable storage to use for inventory items as required
> 1 primary weapon (The list is not exhaustive so feel free to make up whatever seems appropriate for your character)
> Ammunition (Give yourself a fair amount of whatever may be required to power the primary weapon, if so needed)
> 1 Ammo replacement device (This could be a solar-generator for an energy weapon, an arrow crafting kit for a bow, a bullet press for a handgun or rifle, basically something the character could use to replenish their ammunition while at camp. Generally whatever it is should be bulky and so would be left at the camp during the day.)
> 1 secondary weapon (This would be the back-up, last resort weapon for the character, such as a knife or knuckle-dusters)
(Survival KIt)
> food rations (Feel free to choose appropriate foodstuffs based on your characters background. These won't usually be important for the story, but only included so we don't have to waste time foraging to early on.)
> Medical supplies (a small number of items which could be used to heal you early in the game, if required)

Amendment - 0Date-01
Also requested by recipient:
> This section is available for you to make requests for outlandish items, such as additional weapons, consumables or strange items which wouldn't normally be granted to your character. You'll be expected to make a case for why your character would be carrying them or have them in their possession but generally something like "It makes sense to have it" or "They took it off a dead body" would work.
<-- File Ends -->
 
Last edited:
I don't really have time to keep up with a big group RP, though I absolutely love the Fallout universe, but this is really well done. I hope it takes off for you!
No problem. To be honest I don't expect there to be much interest, but thought I'd ask just in case. :)
 
This is the kind of RP I like and within a universe I fully understand and comprehend. At least for the 3 initial chapters of the franchise...

I was only able to give a quick read but I'm interested; only thing is that I tend to not work well in group threads but I'm a sucker for second chances.

I'll give it a good reading later but if you are still looking for volunteers, write me up.
 
How'd you feel about me joining as a 'Mother Russia' bull dyke type girl looking to break puny men between her thighs like sparrow's eggs? :devil:

Character Template:

ROBCO INDUSTRIES (TM) TERMLINK PROTOCOL

<-- Vault Personnel Files Accessed -->
<-- Personnel File Olga Dombrovski AKA Broadside -->

3524Olga-Kurkulina.png

Location: The Pitt
Status: 'Exile'
Position: Enforcer/Demolitions Expert
Tag Skills: Big Guns, Survival, Repair
S, P, E, C, I, A, L
8, 6, 9, 5, 5, 5, 6
Date of Birth: May 18, 2123 - Taurus
Family: Father - Shelton Delacroix (Super-mutant, MIA), Mother - Kristiana Dombrovski (deceased), Husband - Sven of the Northern Wastes (deceased)
Gender: Female (mostly)
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Brown
Religious Affiliation: Agnostic
Marital Status: Widowed (husband died on wedding night)
Height: 6'8"(245cm)
Weight: 226lb (103kg)
Vital Stats.: 42D-36-44
Traits: Bruiser, Trigger Discipline
Sexuality: Heteroflexible (mainly rides men, but once they're all broken will go after women too)
Perks: Ain't Like That Now, Alertness, Burden To Bear, Gray Matters, Heavyweight, Hobbler, Home on the Range, Implant GRX, Junk Rounds, No Weaknesses, Roughin' It, Size Matters III, Stonewall, Strong Back, Them's Good Eatin', Thought You Died, Unstoppable Force, Walker Instinct
Overseer's Notes:
Olga was always a big girl, but it wasn't until her 14th birthday that her mother say her down and explained that her father, a very gentle man who'd only been in her life a short time, had also been a super-mutant. Obviously this explained a lot of things, including Olga's aggressive attitude and her ability to throw people she didn't like several hundred feet.
When Slavers came looking for new goods and happened across Olga's village what started as an easy raid soon became a massacre, with only two of the raiders managing to get out barely alive. Unfortunately for them this had been a ploy by Olga to track them back to their base in The Pitt, where she began attacking everyone in sight. When she was finally subdued the leaders of the settlement wasted no time offering her a job working as their enforcer.
For many happy years Olga brutalised and terrorised anyone her superiors point out, until one day she met Sven, a tribesman captured in the Northern Wastes. Having finally met a man whose pelvis didn't get crushed every time she climbed on top of him Olga helped Sven escape The Pitt and the two eloped together.
In her absence her former employers branded Olga a traitor and an exile from The Pitt, but only very quietly, in case she heard about it and decided to come back to show them the error of their ways.
Unfortunately Sven's resistance to Olga's energetic style of lovemaking didn't survive ther 37-hr marathon sex session which was their wedding night, and neither did he. In mourning, Olga swore to uphold the values her husband had taught her, and to never again crush a man's head with her thighs.
Unless she really wanted to.
Since then Olga has been wandering the Wastelands, trying to make up for her previous brutal, terrorising past. And only succeeding a little.
<-- File Ends -->

<-- The Pitt Supply Requistition 26/03/2161-001-->
The following items have been approved for issue to Olga Dombrovski AKA Broadside:
> 1 'Shocker' Power Fist - modified to stun humans
- With Rho's agreement this is standard equipment for Slaver faction characters
> 1 Gecko-backed Metal Armor, reinforced
> 1 Kit Bag
> 1 Rock-It Launcher
> 1 large Sack of Garbage (ammunition for Rock-It Launcher)
> 1 Machete Gladius
(Survival Kit)
> 5 Gecko Steaks
> 10 packs of Gecko Meat
> 5 Lee Rapid Pharmaceuticals stimulation delivery packages

Amendment - 26/03/2161-01
Also requested by recipient:
> 5 packs of Slasher
> 5 packs of Psycho
<-- File Ends -->
 
Last edited:
> 1 'Shocker' Power Fist - modified to stun humans - With Rho's agreement this is standard equipment for Slaver faction characters
It seems reasonable that a Slaver would carry something to subdue new merchandise, and a modified Power Fist seems an appropriate tool for that.

It's also a lot less of an advantage than a Pip-Boy or Power Armour, but the fact it can punch out a robot with a single blow could come in handy in the right circumstances.

I just feel sorry for poor Sven. Who could last for 37 hours against a girl who's half-Supermutant? :D
Well I wouldn't want to brag, but... :p
 
I'm a little outdated on the Fallout lore but shouldn't supermutants be sterile, considering the tons of chemicals received and GE the subjects go through to achieve enhancement? It was true for the Fallout I and II...

But on another line:
I'm up for the line of being either a cryogenic subject or an element of some minor faction of the wastes.

Now just a few considerations: from my personal experience, trying to pull a game lore into the form of role play scenario is a though endeavor and usually gets crippled with the attempt to harmonize the original lore/source with the needs of a role play. Other thing is that games will always either lack or have too much content to transport to a "simple" role play.

If I get the idea of the thread starter, besides liking the Fallout world, transporting the Fallout mechanics (GURPS engine, by the way) is a way to direct the character creation and narrow down the madness usually group threads tend to be.

I can write up a profile for a character using the template given but I'm not going to bother going through the tons of perks the franchise has created. I'm an old time hard-core player and I know how easy is to create a super-character just by tweaking the base stats and toying with the perks. What I can and am willing to do is to put down a well though background to my character and then add a series of specific abilities it has. Oh, and one other thing: unless this is an all female RP, how can I fill in the Vital Stats field for a male character?
 
I'm a little outdated on the Fallout lore but shouldn't supermutants be sterile, considering the tons of chemicals received and GE the subjects go through to achieve enhancement? It was true for the Fallout I and II...
I discussed that with Robin when making the character and my argument was that if you could have civilised Supermutants, like Marcus, and brainy Supermutants, like Fawkes, there must be a few Supermutants wandering around with working pipes, if only a couple of them. Luckily for Olga's Mom, or unluckily, depending on your point of view, she managed to meet one of them.

But on another line:
I'm up for the line of being either a cryogenic subject or an element of some minor faction of the wastes.
There's certainly enough of them to choose from. Any ideas what sort of character you'd be looking to play?

Now just a few considerations: from my personal experience, trying to pull a game lore into the form of role play scenario is a though endeavor and usually gets crippled with the attempt to harmonize the original lore/source with the needs of a role play. Other thing is that games will always either lack or have too much content to transport to a "simple" role play.
From what I gather Robin's looking for this to be more of a story than a strict dice-'n'-charts roleplay, so as long as we know from your character profile that you're a melee fighter, a sharpshooter or a gunslinger then actual combat will just be a matter of you writing for the appropriate skillset you've listed.

With my girl, she's an absolute bruiser who's good with big guns so during a fight she'll be the one blasting away with heavy weapons or hammering the enemies with her fists. Out of combat she's got some wilderness experience and repair skills to fall back on, but will probably suffer in social situations due to her brutish demeanour.

I also won't get along with Scarlett very well since she's a soft little thing who looks a little too pretty to be good in a fight.

how can I fill in the Vital Stats field for a male character?
Vital Stats still apply to men, just need to list your chest size, waist and hip measurements to let us know if you're a muscular Adonis or a rounded Homer. :)
 
Last edited:
I'm a little outdated on the Fallout lore but shouldn't supermutants be sterile, considering the tons of chemicals received and GE the subjects go through to achieve enhancement? It was true for the Fallout I and II...
I'm not planning this to be an extremely accurate portrayal of the Fallout universe, just a close proximity. If you want to take a little artistic license with the character design or equipment then feel free to do so, within reason.

By within reason I'd be looking for a rational explanation for the adjustment, such as Jessie's argument that one of the Supermutants may have still been fertile, given that other Supermutants have shown signs of retaining some portion of their humanity after being dunked.

Also in Fallout 3 they clearly stated that the Supermutants on the East Coast have been breeding. although they are a different stock to the Mariposa Supermutants found in California and so the rules for them may be different.

Now just a few considerations: from my personal experience, trying to pull a game lore into the form of role play scenario is a though endeavor and usually gets crippled with the attempt to harmonize the original lore/source with the needs of a role play. Other thing is that games will always either lack or have too much content to transport to a "simple" role play.
As Jessie said, I'm more concerned with telling a good story than statistical accuracy. As long as your character background says they're good with a rifle I'm happy for you to snap off a shot at 200 yards and kill an enemy with a headshot. The characters are supposed to be equivalent to level 30 in the games, so you'd expect them to be skilled fighters.

On the other hand, if you haven't said that they're good at lockpicking, as an example, and they suddenly open a locked door by touch the handle and muttering a prayer, I'll not be so happy. You'd have to rely on the other characters in the party to help you get the door open, as long as we have a lockpicker, otherwise come up with a clever way to get around the door lock (or just shoot out the lock with your gun.)

If I get the idea of the thread starter, besides liking the Fallout world, transporting the Fallout mechanics (GURPS engine, by the way) is a way to direct the character creation and narrow down the madness usually group threads tend to be.
Yes. This is a post-Apocalyptic adventure using characters who would not be out of place appearing it the Fallout games, so people have the freedom to make believable, if somewhat extreme in some cases, but still rational characters who can work well as a team.

And speaking of the team, since Scarlett's good at doctoring and chems (and chatting up boys) and Olga's good at breaking and fixing stuff, what we really need right now is a tech expert (although Scarlett may be able to help in that regard, as she's a Vault Dweller) and a B&E expert (although Olga may be able to help in that regard, as locked doors aren't really much of a problem for a girl who could probably walk through walls.)

I can write up a profile for a character using the template given but I'm not going to bother going through the tons of perks the franchise has created.
The only reason I ask for the Perks, and limit them to twenty, is so we have a rounded character who doesn't have too many special abilities. If you'd rather not give the Perks from the game, just use that section to give details as to what your character can do, such as "They're an expert marksman with good night vision".

how can I fill in the Vital Stats field for a male character?
As Jessie said, vital stats. apply to both men and women, it's just they get referenced for more often for women due to the bust-waist-hip connection.

To summarize; as long as you know who your character is and what they can do and don't stray too far from that during the story I'm happy with pretty much anything you want to add to their design. Just on't make them an expert oat everything or you might make Olga jealous.

They still haven't found the last man who made Olga jealous.
 
Jezebel1669 said:
Vital Stats still apply to men, just need to list your chest size, waist and hip measurements to let us know if you're a muscular Adonis or a rounded Homer.

I can work with a measuring tape as easy as I can drink a glass of water but it will be snowing July in the Sahara Desert before I can manage to make up those measures...

Here's a rough draft for the guy; he will be a martial arts specialist - unarmed combat and staff/sword fighting - with skill in long range weapons and pistols. No photo, though... I'll finish it up later on, after I have a few details I want to research. Also, I've rearranged a few items in the list.


ROBCO INDUSTRIES (TM) TERMLINK PROTOCOL

<-- Vault Personnel Files Accessed -->
<-- Personnel File XXX-XXXXXXAAA/XXX -->

<-- Identification -->
Name:Woods, Michael
AKA: Zero
Date of Birth: December 5th, (what year will be the story starting?)
Affiliation: irrelevant

Location: Cristal Peak Gorge (extinct settlement) , Rocky Mountains
Status: Nomadic
Marital Status: Single
Religious Affiliation: agnostic

Position: Hunter
Tag Skills:
S, P, E, C, I, A, L

<-- Biometrics -->
Gender: Male
Hair: Black
Eyes: Greenish brown
Height: 180cm
Weight: 85kg
Vital Stats.:

Traits:
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Perks: See Fallout Wiki Perks section, each character may have upto 20. For the purposes of the RP Titles can also be included here, taking up 1 Perk slot each, as long as they're covered by the character's backstory. While any Perk could be chosen, I'd advise against using Special, Quest or Challenge perks unless the events required to achieve them are part of the character's biography. If you plan on taking Power Armour, one of your Perks must be Power Armor Training, unless you just want to lug the stuff around and not use it.
Overseer's Notes:
This section can be used to give a little flavour to your character, briefly detailing their history and backstory.
<-- File Ends -->

<-- Vault Requisition Request XXX-XXXXXXAAA/XXX Date-001-->
The following items have been approved for issue to XXX-XXXXXXAAA/XXX - Character Name:
> 1 Class or faction specific piece of equipment (IE. Pip-Boy 3000 for a Vault Dweller, Power Armour for a Paladin, etc.)
> 1 Piece of clothing or armour (Power Armour would automatically fill this slot and so the line should be removed if already taken)
> 1 backpack, rucksack or other portable storage to use for inventory items as required
> 1 primary weapon (The list is not exhaustive so feel free to make up whatever seems appropriate for your character)
> Ammunition (Give yourself a fair amount of whatever may be required to power the primary weapon, if so needed)
> 1 Ammo replacement device (This could be a solar-generator for an energy weapon, an arrow crafting kit for a bow, a bullet press for a handgun or rifle, basically something the character could use to replenish their ammunition while at camp. Generally whatever it is should be bulky and so would be left at the camp during the day.)
> 1 secondary weapon (This would be the back-up, last resort weapon for the character, such as a knife or knuckle-dusters)
(Survival KIt)
> food rations (Feel free to choose appropriate foodstuffs based on your characters background. These won't usually be important for the story, but only included so we don't have to waste time foraging to early on.)
> Medical supplies (a small number of items which could be used to heal you early in the game, if required)

Amendment - 0Date-01
Also requested by recipient:
> This section is available for you to make requests for outlandish items, such as additional weapons, consumables or strange items which wouldn't normally be granted to your character. You'll be expected to make a case for why your character would be carrying them or have them in their possession but generally something like "It makes sense to have it" or "They took it off a dead body" would work.
<-- File Ends -->
 
I can work with a measuring tape as easy as I can drink a glass of water but it will be snowing July in the Sahara Desert before I can manage to make up those measures...
Just do what I do, use a site like this one to find a famous person who's roughly the right size and steal their stats. :D

Location: Cristal Peak Gorge (extinct settlement) , Rocky Mountains
Status: Nomadic
When you say 'nomadic' is he a Tribal, like the Chosen One in Fallout 2, or just a wanderer, like the desert traders and random encounter guys?
 
Last edited:
Just do what I do, use a site like this one to find a famous person who's roughly the right size and steal their stats. :D


When you say 'nomadic' is he a Tribal, like the Chosen One in Fallout 2, or just a wanderer, like the desert traders and random encounter guys?

Later in my character background I'll add details but he's just another bloke walking around the land, going from one place to next, making some coin to spend, hunting, doing odd jobs, etc.
 
Later in my character background I'll add details but he's just another bloke walking around the land, going from one place to next, making some coin to spend, hunting, doing odd jobs, etc.
If you're a hand-to-hand specialist you might want to think about taking something like a shield with you as your 'special equipment'. That way you can easily defend yourself against ranged attack while closing in to finish them off.
 
After doing some reading on the different areas of America covered in the various Fallout games I was thinking of setting the adventure in the Chicago area sometimes around 2242-43.

With the recent destruction of the Enclave Headquarters on the Oil Rig off the California coast (due to the events in Fallout 2), a group of survivors have recently established an outpost in the area while trying to recover after their defeat. At the same time the Brotherhood of Steel have a contingent active in the area, Supermutants from the Mariposa stock who fled east after the Master's defeat in 2162 (the events in Fallout) are known to be active here and the remaining robotic forces of the Calculator (Fallout: Tactics) may still be lingering around, after he was defeated in 2198. various tribal settlers are known to live in the region, as well as other settlers and ghouls. While most of the local raiders had been defeated by the Brotherhood in 2197, I can assume other raiders would've moved into the area since then to seize control of the power vacuum created.

It should be noted that the Brotherhood in the Midwest area are more open about sharing technology than the other chapters, and have been recruiting members from the local towns and settlements for at least the last fifty years, but as they do not possess the technology required to construct new suits of Power Armour their actual numbers would've remained small, and diminished slightly over time as suits were lost, destroyed or captured by their enemies. The Enclave would also be trading their technology for assistance while recovering themselves, giving the local population access to better weapons and equipment while at the same time destabilizing the Brotherhood's control of the area.

I can see the story centering around a mission into the city of Chicago itself, to try and discover why the sky over the city is permanently dark and stormy, and would eventually lead to the team discovering some ancient pre-War technology which they'll have to decide what to do with.
 
What you just announced won't be affecting my character creation but unless you have some serious tricks up your sleeve you've just announced an urban combat scenario. Long range specialists will be rendered mostly useless due to the close quarters setting. Nice...

Still working on my character; hope to have a finished bio by tomorrow evening.

Will a lever-action rifle railgun will be a stretch to your concept?
 
Will a lever-action rifle railgun will be a stretch to your concept?
As long as you can link it with technology already existing within the Fallout world then I have no problem with it.

While no rail guns appear in any of the games directly, having checked the Wiki I've found the "Viper" Rail Cannon, "MissFortune" Light Rail Cannon and the ARTEMIS Rail Gun all referenced, which shows that the technology does exist for such a weapon to have been created. If fact the ARTEMIS was a constructable weapon for any character with high enough skill, so in theory your character could've built the weapon themselves, or at least acquired it from someone who had.

My only qualm would be that all of the weapons mentioned seem to be artillery-style heavy weapons. I take it you were thinking of something a little more streamlined, more rifle-sized?

You said before that you were going for a martial-artist with sword/staff proficiency. If that's still the case could I suggest making the railgun into a staff-like design, which could then double as a close-combat weapon too? Or were you thinking of having it separate to any staff or sword which may also be carried?

Since you're allowed to take both a primary and secondary weapon, either option could work.
 
Last edited:
How about having a servant to ran behind me going *clipclopclipclop* while banging two coconut shells together?
 
Back
Top