The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my veggies look great, but the water bill . . . not so much. We ate pea pods until we were sick of them and now we're enjoying green beans. The tomatoes are starting to turn, so soon we'll be canning. Oh, the work ahead. Sigh.

my snow peas seem to be done. the beans haven't even started, and the tomatoes are green and growing. can't wait for them. in the winter, I am thankful the work was done. :)

Without trying to be snide, that's every year in California. We horde every drop that falls through the winter to get through the summer. My volunteer tomatoes are turning so it will soon be time for canning red sauce and the grafted eggplants I bought are promising to bury me in purple. I think my corn is starting to be pickable and it's time to cut down all the old berry canes and string up the new ones.

Yanno, the day is coming when vegetable gardening is going to be more than I want to do. I'll strip the front yard down to the sand, re-fence in stone and put in a native garden with automatic watering so all I have to do is sit in the middle of it and drink coffee in the morning and wine in the evening. Not yet, mind, but the day is coming.

my snow peas seem to be done. the beans haven't even started, and the tomatoes are green and growing. can't wait for them. in the winter, I am thankful the work was done. :)

Holy crap! It's a gully washer! Rain, thunder, lightning, small hail.

And me trapped in the Zebo. Oops. Shoulda gone in a while ago.

Without trying to be snide, that's every year in California. We horde every drop that falls through the winter to get through the summer. My volunteer tomatoes are turning so it will soon be time for canning red sauce and the grafted eggplants I bought are promising to bury me in purple. I think my corn is starting to be pickable and it's time to cut down all the old berry canes and string up the new ones.

Yanno, the day is coming when vegetable gardening is going to be more than I want to do. I'll strip the front yard down to the sand, re-fence in stone and put in a native garden with automatic watering so all I have to do is sit in the middle of it and drink coffee in the morning and wine in the evening. Not yet, mind, but the day is coming.

Canning is going to be huge for us this year. I've started collecting the jars from family and friends. :D

I'm going to try to make a run for it. The storm's really picking up.

Okay, that was a trip. A screaming, giggling woman running through a torrential downpour with a laptop wrapped in plastic. I'm sure I was a sight.

Okay, that was a trip. A screaming, giggling woman running through a torrential downpour with a laptop wrapped in plastic. I'm sure I was a sight.

:eek: Molly giggles? Who knew? :eek:

:D I wish I had had my camera. I think we would all be smiling. Except for Molly maybe. :eek:

:eek: Molly giggles? Who knew? :eek:

:D I wish I had had my camera. I think we would all be smiling. Except for Molly maybe. :eek:

I'm just happy it was dark because the white tee shirt I was wearing was very thin. :rolleyes:

I giggle when a long drought finally sees rain.

Last edited:
The thought of Molly wearing a wet, white Tee-shirt is too tempting to ignore.

Good evening all; care for a glass of something ?

I probably taste like Seven Deadly Zins . . .

Not to mention the fried chicken, pancakes and gravy and a huge salad !

I drank much of the stuff today. I'll bet I taste all lemony.

Would that I had the opportunity to find out.
However, I do have an excellent refresher: decent well-water with a dash of raspberry or peach (there are others), to your pleasure.

Hey posting a shameless story whore LOL I miss you guys, and I'm around for another contest, awaiting approval, but Ill probably be up tonight, read and vote people, or atleast sent me a comment LOL

How nice to see a few more here.
Just ask Olaf or Rolf for whatever you need.

As for tasting of Zin,; well, that depends on the Zin, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back