Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 05-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #1
8letters
Literotica Guru

Parking a car in a DC metro parking lot

I've got an idea for a story about a family who visits DC for a weekend. I want them to drive to the outskirts of DC on a Saturday morning, park their car in a metro parking lot and take the metro to the Federal Triangle metro station. They've got a hotel for the night in DC and will take the metro back out to the car on Sunday night and drive home. Can you park a car overnight at a metro parking lot? What station (preferably on the North side of DC) should they use?

Latest story - My Cookie-Baking Sister

Most popular stories - My European Summer Vacation, My Sister Set Me Up on a Blind Date and My Lingerie-Loving Sister Moves In

Old 05-03-2018, 10:11 PM   #2
astuffedshirt_perv
Literotica Guru

Yes, overnight is fine. Greenbelt is to the north and accessible from i-495. go to wmata.com for details

My stories: A Stuffed Shirt Perv

Achieved Lovecraf68's coveted "That's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard" status in Nov 2013

Old 05-04-2018, 12:15 AM   #3
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Literotica Guru

DC native here. I agree Greenbelt station should suit your needs. It has a enourmous open parking lot and is the most easily accessible from the Beltway. It is on the less affluent side of the Maryland suburbs. If you want a station on the more affluent side, the Grovesnor-Strathmore station in North Bethesda is also convenient to the Beltway and has a huge covered parking garage.

Greenbelt is on the green line, G-S is on the red line. Since Federal Triangle is on the blue/orange/silver lines, your family will have to change trains.

If you want a straight shot, New Carolton station on the orange line is Beltway accessible with a big garage, but more east of DC on the less affluent side. On the west, the Wiehle-Reston East station on the silver line is in affluent Reston, Virginia and has a big garage, but is not as easy to get to from the interstate.

Lots of options depending on the needs of the story.
Proudly part of the 2018 Geek Pride Day Anthology

The rest of my prosaic little stroke stories

Old 05-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #4
8letters
Literotica Guru

astuffedshirt_perv and LoquiSordidaAdMe, thanks for all the help. I'd prefer that the family not switch trains, so I'll take a look at New Carolton and Wiehle-Reston East stations.

Latest story - My Cookie-Baking Sister

Most popular stories - My European Summer Vacation, My Sister Set Me Up on a Blind Date and My Lingerie-Loving Sister Moves In

Old 05-04-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
astuffedshirt_perv
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8letters View Post
I'd prefer that the family not switch trains,
Note that Archives-Navy-Memorial is on the green line (Greenbelt stations start) and is a mere 500 meters east of Federal Triangle.

My stories: A Stuffed Shirt Perv

Achieved Lovecraf68's coveted "That's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard" status in Nov 2013