What were your dreams as a child? Have you abandoned them?

TeflonGuy

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 4, 2018
Posts
1,130
I still have my dreams. Life and reality is a distraction within itself.

I haven't given up.
 
When I was a kid I dreamed of being chased by ghosts, falling, drowning, that sort of thing, then I'd wake up. But I outgrew it.


As for aspirations as a child, I was pretty fickle. Although I consistently wanted to be happy and spend a lot of time reading. I did pretty well in that regard.
 
I wanted to be a Prima Ballerina and a writer. I was the first. I still dance and I still write. So... Dream on!
 
We had in-school "duck and cover" anti-nuke drills when I was a kid. My dreams were of mushroom clouds rising over nearby prime targets and lighting my bedroom window in my final few seconds. My other dreams were of Yosemite Sam playing honky-tonk piano and horribly singing "Cuddle Up And Be My Little Honey Bee". Mine was not an easy childhood. Even without the medications. I blame my brain injury. It's a good excuse.

Oh, you mean the "what do you want to be when you grow up" dreams? I wanted to fly space ships to distant stars and mingle with aliens. I can almost get that effect now at the local WalMart, minus the space suits.
 
I wanted to be a large animal veterinarian. I am approaching thirty years old without ever having castrated a bull or put my arm up a horse's ass.
 
I wanted to be a large animal veterinarian. I am approaching thirty years old without ever having castrated a bull or put my arm up a horse's ass.


You will have difficulty finding anyone for the first, but could have your pick of the bunch and likely find several volunteers for the second, over in the GB.
 
i wanted to be independently wealthy, sinisterly attractive and live in a castle. thank god i took enough lsd in the 60's to get over it.
 
I'm living my best 16yo life with way more common sense and much more money.
 
I wanted to be a large animal veterinarian. I am approaching thirty years old without ever having castrated a bull or put my arm up a horse's ass.

I'm sure there's no shortage of horses asses around here to use as guinea pigs.;)
 
I had all sorts of lofty ideas and dreams as a child.

Most of all, I wanted to be an astronaut. I have high hopes to at least be in space as a passenger before this life is over.

Oh, there's other stuff I seriously entertained like being a cop, an actor, and my favorite hobby of writing.

Being an accomplished author is now doable for me. I'm working on it after putting it off for so many years.
 
I had no goals or aspirations.

Fell a bit short but it's all about the journey, they say.
 
hey...

Dreams that are abandoned need to remain unnamed and unspoken or you will take possession of them again and therefore won't be abandoned any longer.
I have abandoned every single childhood dreams except four of them. And it was one those four, it was a dream of a girl with diamond eyes, I was 14 at the time. It took another 8 years before I found her and with a few exceptions it has been an awesome 42 years together.
The other 3 have to remain unnamed because they aren't for this lifetime.
 
It sounded simple enough at the time.

Grow up get out of school. Find a nice good looking woman to love me forever...raise some kids and enjoy life together until we die.

BUT.

God had other plans.

No loving wife.

No kids and now can't have any.

Too damned old hard to get along with to start over again.
 
To be the last living human on Earth.

Not abandoned .... yet.
 
We had in-school "duck and cover" anti-nuke drills when I was a kid.

And these things that would wake the dead once a month:

chrysler-air-raid-siren-1.jpg
 
Yes, to be happy. And yes, I've abandoned it.

Awwww...that's sad. Lol. Life goes on.
 
i wanted to be independently wealthy, sinisterly attractive and live in a castle. thank god i took enough lsd in the 60's to get over it.


Literally #same except I was also a vampire and the castle being decrepit was a big part of the aesthetic. My mom watched Interview too many times around me.
 
My earliest dream, like preschool age, was to be an opera singer. I don't think that one ever went away entirely, and when I hear certain songs I wish I could create that sound.
But autism. I was nonverbal until school age, selectively mute for much of my childhood. I mimed if singing was involved. My vocal chords atrophied. To the point where I could only read to my kids for maybe 15 minutes max.
I've worked on building up my voice a lot, but there's was never a hope in hell that I'd really sing. Despite a pretty incredible lung capacity. Seriously. Huge.

Dreams suck. They just cause melancholy.
 
I've worked on building up my voice a lot, but there's was never a hope in hell that I'd really sing. Despite a pretty incredible lung capacity. Seriously. Huge.

Thats just doing it alone... doesnt mean you'll ever be any good of course. People love my singing(they are disturbed), but I have no lungs.


I only had nightmares as a kid, so as far as I know, I still havent died foing off that cliff.
 
Back
Top