Story Listings

Bebop3

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Posts
293
Hello Fellow Writers!

Is there a way to keep stories together aside from listing them as chapters or ensuring that they are alphabetically similar?

For example, let's say I have as story titled Cats and Dogs. Seven months later I write a story about the same characters, but it's a separate story. It's called Pets and their People. The first story is about two folks who meet at a veterinarians and fall in love. The second story is about them years later running a dating service for people that are members of the ASPCA.

I want story two to be listed on my submission page next to story one. I don't want them listed as chapters. I don't want to force the title to be alphabetically close enough to the first story that it will fall into line next to it.

Any other solutions available?
 
Hello Fellow Writers!

Is there a way to keep stories together aside from listing them as chapters or ensuring that they are alphabetically similar?

I use alphabetical similarity for one set.

I also have two stories that I wanted to be the beginning of an anthology, The Third Ring and Tamsin of Sky Village. When I posted Tamsin and I put in a note to Laurel that I'd like the stories to be kept together somehow as an anthology. She renamed Tamsin of Sky Village to The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village. There's also an "Also in this series" link on each story that connects to the other. That doesn't happen with the ones that are alphabetically similar.

Anything you want I think you'll need to arrange with Laurel.
 
I have done well with straight alphas. These will be grouped together, in alpha order, no matter when they're posted:

Hot Fuck: A Good One
Hot Fuck: Be Here Now
Hot Fuck: Dude-a-Rama
Hot Fuck: Great Nibbles

I use chapter heads (Hot Fuck 01: Mandy Slurps) for serials. I use straight alpha for somewhat connected but non-sequential story cycles, like my A Taste of Incest set.
 
Like Hypoxia I just added and alpha numeric identifier to one that will all be about the same people and take place in the same town.

OFM01:
OFM02:

OFM stands for Orchard Falls Mystery

I had to include the numbers due to the fact the titles are not in alpha order.
 
I use a broad "theme" name, then the individual title, eg:

Songs of Seduction - Water
Songs of Seduction - Fire and Ice
Songs of Seduction - the next one, whatever it is

Or, where the stories are more closely linked but not necessarily the same story as such, I use Story Group Name Parts 01, 02, etc.
 
Damn, so much for all those sticky notes and thumb tacts I just bought.
šŸŒ¹KantšŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ 
 
I use a broad "theme" name, then the individual title, eg:

Songs of Seduction - Water
Songs of Seduction - Fire and Ice
Songs of Seduction - the next one, whatever it is

Or, where the stories are more closely linked but not necessarily the same story as such, I use Story Group Name Parts 01, 02, etc.


And here's what they look like on you stores page:

Songs of Seduction - Fire and Ice

Songs of Seduction - Water


It does alphabetize them.
 
And here's what they look like on you stores page:

Songs of Seduction - Fire and Ice

Songs of Seduction - Water


It does alphabetize them.
Yes, it does - and since they're not directly linked except for a very broad theme, it doesn't matter in what order they're read; they're grouped together, which was how I read the OP's question. If they must be read in sequence (which these don't) then it's always been obvious to me that you have to use Part 01, 02 etc.
 
I wish there was a way to quickly sort stories on an author's page by date.

Yeah, I know you can search by author and sort by date there, but besides being a pain to go through that each time with a different author, you lose some information that way, like the story's score.
 
Back
Top