Nothing but jazz...

2012 Detroit International Jazz Festival

Monster line up for this weekend's Jazz Festival. Featuring: Terence Blanchard Quintet, Sonny Rollins, Chick Corea, Wynton Marsalis, Pat Metheny, Wayne Short, Poncho Sanchez, Joe Lovano, etc. etc.

On Monday, Kenny Garrett is playing. Here's a video by way of YouTube of Miles Davis handing the baton to Kenny Garrett

The Last Performance - Jazz à Vienne 1991

Who's going?

Excellent vid.

My wife enjoys Buble and I really enjoy Botti. And no one has a better tonal quality that Botti.

This is my favorite Buble vid "Try a Little Tenderness"
Thanks for sharing

I totally agree with you and your wife, Jib... I really enjoy your taste in music. I saw Botti in concert, and as an old trumpet man, I can really dig his talent.

Terence Blanchard

I totally agree with you and your wife, Jib... I really enjoy your taste in music. I saw Botti in concert, and as an old trumpet man, I can really dig his talent.

Terence Blanchard open Friday night. Blanchard has assembled a dream-team band and sounds even better than they did two years ago. Also, Blanchard is the artist-in-resident and will be appearing with Poncho Sanchez later this week-end

Passionate Courage

Last edited:
So Sad -- We've Lost Dave Brubeck

Brubeck died on Wednesday.

Surely you all have heard "Take Five" and his other great hits. Here's something lyrical: "Bluette"

I was searching for a youtube version of Hilary Kole singing "Strange Meadowlark" with Brubeck accompanying her on the piano (from her album You are There: Duets) but could not find it. Nevertheless, this showed up and has been one of my favorite songs since I heard her sing and play her arrangement of Blackberry Winter

Something New

Just discovered Hidden Orchestra. Jazz, classical, hip hop and ambient stylizations. Band features two drumers, strings, guitar and organ. Do enjoy "Footsteps"

BTW, their website provides some downloads, videos and mix samples. See: http://www.hiddenorchestra.com/

Last edited:
Back