Private Messages

Oh dear, it has registered anew and is calling itself "JasmineSanchez" this time. The message is the same old "I looked your comment. Y0u got me interested. Let's get acquainted?" as FeliciaWhite and PoliVeselova used. I'm a bit of a div with techy things but isn't there something called an IP ban?

I too got the same from PoliVeselove. I ignored

Anyone having a problem with "private messages" ? Several times I have gotten an email notifying me of a private message that turned out to be a private message I had already opened. I got an email today notifying me of a new private message but don't see a new message. Is this happening to anyone ?

Occasionally, spammers try to use the Private Messaging system to send spam. When we detect this, we ban the account and delete all their Private Messages - including all PMs they've sent to others. This may confuse the system - so it will send you a message because you were sent a message, but the message will not be there because it's been deleted.

Hope this helps! :rose: Also - if any of you folks receive spam in your PM box, please forward it to me. Thanks in advance! :)

I've gotten them from time to time, I've just ignored them. If Laurel wants them then I"ll send them to her. I just got this one from ElisaMarso, " I read your comment. Y0u got me interested. We will get acquainted?" Sounds like the same as what some of you are getting, so off to Laurel it goes.

Maybe you should check out the playground thread "post here and I will pm you". They seem to be busy with mass mailing messages.

I've gotten them from time to time, I've just ignored them. If Laurel wants them then I"ll send them to her. I just got this one from ElisaMarso, " I read your comment. Y0u got me interested. We will get acquainted?" Sounds like the same as what some of you are getting, so off to Laurel it goes.

I can't tell you how many of those "we will get aquinted?" PM's I get. 3-5 a day is an understatementđź‘ đź‘ đź‘ Kant

I tend to get those hoary old pick-up lines, top of the list is 'did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?'...I ask you, really? My two stock replies are 'no, my husband caught me', or 'No, but I scraped my knee when I crawled out of Hell...'. They don't come back, score for the little woman with the big mouth!

I can't tell you how many of those "we will get aquinted?" PM's I get. 3-5 a day is an understatementđź‘ đź‘ đź‘ Kant

Wow, I might get one every other week. I guess there is an advantage to not posting that much lol.

Oh dear, it has registered anew and is calling itself "JasmineSanchez" this time. The message is the same old "I looked your comment. Y0u got me interested. Let's get acquainted?" as FeliciaWhite and PoliVeselova used. I'm a bit of a div with techy things but isn't there something called an IP ban?

I received my second
"I looked your post. You interested me. Let's get acquainted? "
this evening, but it was from some character called "ElisaMarso"

I received my second

Check the profile, if there are no posts or there is a blog site listed, report them. It seems to be the new wave of spam.

I received my second

That's the same person I got a message from, different words but the same meaning in the message.

I've had the same thing happen to me. Right now, my control panel says I have one unread message, but there is nothing there.

On a lighter note, I was watching a Star Trek (original series) episode last night, where Kirk and Uhura were infiltrating an alternate universe version of the Enterprise. Kirk says, "Don't use the ship's intercom; it might be bugged. Private Message me!" Nearly fell out of my chair!

Back