The Official Authors' Hangout National Nude Day 2018 Support Thread

Well, I finally have one underway. As usual, I'm going with a MILF stroke story. On vacation, so there's a far better chance than usual that I'll actually finish the thing.

Then again, "As usual" doesn't really apply. My latest string of releases have all been younger women. I suppose it's more "Back to my bread and butter."
 
Then again, "As usual" doesn't really apply. My latest string of releases have all been younger women. I suppose it's more "Back to my bread and butter."

I was actually thinking along the same lines, but doing a noncon, back-to-basics kind of thing as my last stories haven't given me what I was looking for.
 
I've been happy with all of mine, but MILF fare has always been the majority of my work in this name. Just haven't had an idea that excited me along those lines lately.

This one is very much all-consuming fires of passion and firework explosions.

Already made it to the sex. I may finish this thing tonight.
 
Then again...

The scene just warped on me, going all gentle and romance movie after her first mind-numbing orgasm. Fire and ice. I'm liking the contrast.

Think it will probably rise back up to bonfire ( rather than forest fire, where the sex started ) and then settle back into a soft finish. Leads nicely into an ending scene, with my usual touch of light-heartedness, and a fade-to-black that leaves an opening for more.
 
And, done! A little over 7500 words.

Going to let it simmer a couple of days before I start editing. I have another weird monster sex tale to edit in the meantime.

"Her Own Skin" should hit before the end of the week :D Probably end up beating "Feather and Scale" as Les through the queue, because it's a contest story, even though the other will get submitted earlier.
 
Finally finished. 12000 words or so. It took a while as I was trying to force a twist ending but I abandoned that in the end for something more straightforwardly fun.
 
I haven't had one yet. Do they really start this early? I thought they didn't happen at least until the submission window closes.

There are often minor sweeps early. There are larger sweeps after the contest closes and then the final sweep, which is the largest.

I don't have a story in the contest. My VDay story may have suffered a one-bomb assault last month, but it has too many votes to say for sure. I'm toying with the idea of asking Laurel for a sweep, but if it can get swept along with the contest stories then I'll wait.
 
with 1.6k votes, I'm not sure how much a sweep is going to help me...unless i have like a hundred 1 bombs
 
I think I have too many votes to place, but if a sweep doesn't take me into the 4.80s I'll be disappointed. Twice I was at 4.81 and twice someone didn't stop 1-bombing me until I hit 4.79, only took about 3 consecutive votes each time. (Not to mention how many other times my rating was dropped drastically as it climbed.)

The one thing that can't be taken away is the amount of views I've gotten or the ripple effect with my other stories and their views or the increase in people following my work. I'll take it. That's more important than a W. And I finished second once, so I'm good, even if when I put the story back onto Lit it doesn't get the W next to its name (that's the price I pay for removing it in the first place). And as long as I keep entering, there is always a slim chance at another, though I may have to do it under my other name to dodge my stalkers and it won't be Taboo, so the chances are better, I think?

The thing about trolls and whoever else is dropping 1's is: They spend more time thinking about me than I do them. Outside of Lit, I don't think of Lit. When I see my author's page, I'm happy. The 1-bombs and discussion boards is like being at a bar and someone says (because they always point it out) 'My co-worker keeps picking his nose in front of everyone. Why?" ... everyone laughs and they move on and in another week, the nose picking will be mentioned again to a couple of laughs, understanding nods and the conversation will move on.

Yes, the ripple effect has been huge. nearly 100 new followers since I posted The Fenyx Lounge, and my other stories are receiving some love as well. I assume that's standard for competitions, but then again, this is my first one.

I don't know anything about multiple accounts for submissions, I like to keep it all in one place. I started writing erotica here to learn how to write, and it's nice to look at all my submissions and see if I'm doing something right. Besides, building two different follower bases seems tedious for someone who generally posts every other month. (slow writer)
 
Has anyone noticed sweeps going on yet?

No sweeps yet but I think the sweeps this time should be interesting and I am looking forward to them.

Like one or two other posters have said. My score was slammed early on but built back up and leveled out but at least once a week it gets slammed again and usually by an insignificant vote increase.
My score is never high enough to be in the running for a place but I like the added views and votes contests bring so I try to enter them when I can and the sweeps are a bonus to erase the unwanted attention.

It's been strange to watch my own score bounce around so much, that hasn't happened for a long time. I imagine anyone who is trying to watch the scores of the front runners of this contest will be surprised by the influence of the sweeps this time and the trolls will be disappointed yet again.
 
No sweeps yet but I think the sweeps this time should be interesting and I am looking forward to them.

I compiled the standings yesterday morning. I noticed that the two clear front runners have quite a few votes and scores that are probably not high enough to win. That makes it possible that the eventual winners will be people who are currently back in the pack and not suspecting the outcome.

Yep. It should be interesting.
 
I compiled the standings yesterday morning. I noticed that the two clear front runners have quite a few votes and scores that are probably not high enough to win. That makes it possible that the eventual winners will be people who are currently back in the pack and not suspecting the outcome.

Yep. It should be interesting.

Part of me wants to ask who the front runners are, but I think I'd rather not know. The best of luck to us all.
 
Does anyone know what the next contest is, or when it will start? It would be nice to start writing it before the contest actually begins.
 
Does anyone know what the next contest is, or when it will start? It would be nice to start writing it before the contest actually begins.

Summer Luvin'

I don't know the exact dates but I think it usually opens in early August and closes near the beginning of September.
 
Does anyone know what the next contest is, or when it will start? It would be nice to start writing it before the contest actually begins.

Summer Lovin'
themes: warm weather, summer activities, bikinis, etc.
starts: August 21
closes: September 6
winners announced: September 13
 
I actually added a short scene to my story and then . . . . my computer ate it, along with everything else. One of the few things not backed up on a flash drive. :rolleyes: So unless the computer coughs it up, I'm done.
 
Troll or Not?

Here's the message:

Woops
by Anonymous user on 30 minutes ago
Hey, don’t delete this message, it’s not negative.
Now just to let you know I apologise for the low scoring, I hit the wrong button and it stayed like that 😬 I think this deserves a 5/5


Now, on one of my other stories I received a similar email (not comment) - that pretty much said the same thing. What do you think: The same person screwing with me, a little, haha, look what I can do moment? or sincere?

What's the old saying, fool me once .. fool me twice.
Someone who's going to bother jumping off to give you email feedback to say, oops, sounds genuine, but then I try to see the good in people first up.

But I also remember the old project manager's adage: "Once is happenstance, twice is circumstance, three times is enemy action."
 
Back
Top