Young Justice/Teen Titans (OOC)

Gah. It's killing me not RPing. Part of me wants to create a new thread where there is no focus on science... like a fantasy set in a far off land or something. Like something you'd see in a Final Fantasy game or a Dungeons & Dragons campaign. Could be a sword and sorcery type setting or a magi-tech semi-futuristic world. Could be a magic school setting or a military academy or something. I dunno. Would any of you even write with me again if we did an RP where science won't be a problem?

You did an Avalon one aaaaages ago, which looked interesting, but I don't think anything happened with it...
 
Avalon... Was that the one where I had a magically hidden island in the modern day world and had the story kinda Harry Potterish?
 
Is this the one you're talking about? http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=807980

I don't mind the idea of a magical school with modern technological conveniences, but I would prefer to set any new RPs I do away from the real world. Kind of like the world portrayed in Pokemon. They have vehicles and computers, but it's set on an alternate Earth with different landmasses and locations.
 
I was just remembering my days of playing Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, and it might be cool to do something like that. Or maybe a world where our characters are actually dragons, but they have forgotten their true forms.

Like maybe long ago, the great Dragon Clans ruled the world, but were torn apart by a war started by Bahamut and Tiamat. They were twins and dragon custom was that brother should marry sister to keep the bloodlines pure. But these two were polar opposites and ultimately shattered their clan as they violently clashed. Tiamat was manipulative and cruel, whereas Bahamut was honest and compassionate. But they both allowed themselves to be clouded by rage in their countless battles with each other, until they brought their kind to the brink of extinction.

The remaining dragons either fled the battle or were picked off by slayers, until the Twins had no followers left. Their clash was one-on-one, until they exhausted themselves so much that they could go on no longer. Will all the outer layers peeled away, the two finally embraced their destiny, and knew the future of the dragon race lied with them. They became mates and soon had several hatchlings running around their lair.

Ever malicious was Tiamat, however, as she struck a deadly blow to her brother. She laughed sadistically as she revealed her deception to lure him into fathering new dragons, and her plot to raise them to be her new army. Bahamut was furious and heartbroken, and he could not bear the thought of his children being turned to evil. Summoning all the strength he had left, he released a wave of bright energy, and suddenly the hatchlings were gone. Tiamat looked on in horror as Bahamut laughed, uttered, "I have sent them to a place where you can never touch them again," and then died. Tiamat screamed and cried and raged and howled for what seemed like an eternity as she realized she was, now and forever, alone. Eventually she fell into a deep slumber and turned to stone.

The hatchlings were sent to the distant future, a spirit clone of Bahamut sent with them for guidance. He knew Tiamat would eventually go into "stone hibernation," so he flung them as far forward as his powers could manage. But, just in case she was still active, he morphed the hatchlings into baby humans and sealed their powers. The spirit clone took the form of a wise old man and started an orphanage, where he raised the hatchlings as human orphans.

If that is too much backstory for you, we could just say the dragons took on human form to save themselves from a plague and passed on dormant powers to future generations, and when the spell is broken centuries later, anyone descended from the dragons suddenly develops magical abilities. A couple of ideas, anyway :).
 
Last edited:
I also keep having an idea for a fantasy RP where there is this huge influx of explorers to a newly-discovered continent that is rich with a special ore that can be refined to form magical crystals. These new explorers clash with the natives of this land, who see the invaders as enemies. The RP could be told from both points of view, and we could each create one Explorer and one Native character or something.
 
Is this the one you're talking about? http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=807980

I don't mind the idea of a magical school with modern technological conveniences, but I would prefer to set any new RPs I do away from the real world. Kind of like the world portrayed in Pokemon. They have vehicles and computers, but it's set on an alternate Earth with different landmasses and locations.

On an aside is there any evidence aside from the filler arc or Orange Islands (which I personally think is somehow the Philippines. That Pokemon has different land masses?

Pretty sure it's all but 100% cannon confirmed that Pokemon takes place in "Japan"

250px-Pokemon-to-real-world.png


I've seen a couple different variations but it seems that any discrepancies stem from limited graphics/not caring about super exact geography. Kinda like we know that Grand Theft Auto covers New York, LA, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Miami. And any goofs are equal parts alternate universe/artistic liscence and did you really expect them to map everything from Vegas to San Francisco?!

The laws of physics are clearly different in so many ways it's better NOT to try to figure it out (especialy since a lot of it is again graphical limitations. We know Tyranitar's size from the pokedex entry and. . .that fucker is not following you around in a store.)

I like it, I'll start reading up on the new thread.
 
But names of places in Pokemon are different. Plus there are creatures with powers, lol. And the first few worlds were based in areas of Japan, but Black and White was based on New York and X and Y are based on Paris.
 
I was asking specifically about the land mass. I know there are a lot of differences. I just assume that if you went to Pokeworld and zoomed out they do have an Australia shaped continent roughly where one belongs so on and so forth.
 
This is the zone that resembles New York, and while it does look vaguely similar, there are also clear differences. But you're right, many of them seem to be based on real world locations.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131007045634/poke/images/1/17/Unova_B2W2_Art.png

I haven't played the last few yet and even if I hadn't I wouldn't be able to ID New York from a artists rendition, the only reason I know the Japan thing is because a friend of mine who was a big fan once pointed out that if Kanto and Johto weren't based on where-ever there were a lot of really odd coincidences. He compared it to Conan and was like, don't you think it's odd, white people here, brown people here, desert here, Asians east black people beneath desert? This was based on the cartoon mind you that didn't have a map. Upon pulling up the source comics it's clear that Conan lives on Earth either in the distant past or the distant future but either way it's definitely Earth.
 
Ahaha! That's almost as good as "The_Jeffinator's" new profile pic/icon!! ;)
 
Haha :). Fuuuuck. After watching the newest episode of Agents of SHIELD, part of me really wants to do an RP about Inhumans/Terragenesis.
 
If I do that original superhero RP after all, would anyone here want to play? I was thinking about that Malaysia Airlines flight that went missing. What if our characters were on a plane that vanished? From our perspective, our plane met some very rough turbulence, we went through a strange cloud with a lot of electrical activity, spun out of control, and crashed to the ground, but somehow we all survived. What's even weirder, though, is that three weeks have passed since we departed, even though it was just a couple of hours for us. Our flight was all over the news as another plane that seemed to vanish into thin air, only to suddenly reappear three weeks later. And then we start to develop superpowers and question what exactly happened in that storm and how we lost three weeks. Then we start to remember bits and pieces of what happened -- that storm was the result of someone tampering with time travel in the future, and they inadvertently pulled us through. Something happened to us in the future, but they tried to wipe our memories and send us back. They screwed up, though, and missed their destination by three weeks and now we are starting to uncover the truth.
 
Back
Top