Pure Moonlight (closed)

"It was never hard to love you two... In fact I ought to thank you for being my cub. You never had to decide I was your father," he murmured, kissing her cheek. "You were always such a lovely girl. I can't believe you're grown up and having cubs of your own..."
 
"It's hard to remember my Da." She said softly as Ghell talked about being old enough to have cubs of her own. "I remember his laughter most of all. It was a deep rumble that showed his contentment. It's all that I have left of him."
 
"Maybe that's why you like Ruben so much," Ghell commented with a chuckle. Ruben had never been one to laugh loudly. He had more of a low chuckle at its best.
 
"Maybe you could come over a few mornings this week. It would give Ruben a break to do other things." Telma murmured as she felt herself growing tired. "He wants to get the crib situated but he can't pull himself away from me."
 
"Of course I can," Ghell assured her. When she grew tired, he picked her up and carried her back to her bed and tucked her blanket around her.
 
Telma was exhausted by the time that her Da carried her back into her bedroom and tucked her in with her warm wool blanket. It was one of her favorites that she had ever made with rich scenes of the highlands around Inverness. Sometimes she would and stare at it, dreaming about the highlands and what she would do when she was out of bed. She wanted to run in those hills with her cub and her mate.

"Night, Da." She murmured with a yawn. "I'll see you in the morning."
 
"Goodnight, little cub," he murmured, kissing her forehead before he left her side to take Katina home. Ruben eventually came in to join her side after all their guests had gone.
 
Telma opened her eyes as she felt Ruben slip into his side of the bed. She smiled as he wrapped his strong arm around her waist and pulled her close. She always felt the safest when she was in his arms. He was her strength and gave her the love that she wanted and needed in spades.

"I had a lovely night." She murmured in a sleepy voice. "We need more nights like this."
 
"I'm sure we'll have plenty of excuses to do this again," Ruben assured her softly. His broad hand came to rest on her belly and he sighed and relaxed, exhausted almost as much as his mate.
 
"Mako and your Da must have run you ragged through the woods." Telma said softly with a laugh as Ruben's hand rested on her belly and she felt him relax. "Perhaps you'll get a good night's sleep this evening. My Da will be here tomorrow to help you with the crib. Then you can take a break and do what you need to do while he keeps me company. I know you don't like being away from me right now, but you need to relax."
 
"I'm relaxed as they come," he lied. He always tried to dismiss any of her concerns for him as he was too busy being worried about her to notice he was overworked.
 
"Liar." Telma murmured as she nipped at her husband's ear. "I'll be fine, love. The cub will be fine. Our little family will be complete very, very soon. You just need to relax. My Da will help us. Your family will help us."
 
Ruben's ear flicked at her little nip and he chuckled, "Don't start that when I don't get to have you for so long." It was one of his little triggers.
 
"Maybe you could wear off some of that extra energy." Telma teased her mate, nuzzling against his throat as she gentle nipped at the scar that she had given him to mark him as her mate.
 
"Not when you're so close to having that cub," he murmured in return, though he couldn't help a soft growl when she nipped him. Nuzzling back against her, he took her hand, their fingers twining together.
 
"I'll make it up to you," he promised before he drifted off.

By early morning, labor pains found their way to Telma, waking her before dawn. Ruben was still fast asleep behind her, his hand resting on her belly protectively.
 
Telma did her best to remain quiet as Ruben slept behind her, his hand cradling her belly. The pain was hard, making her wince before she let out a whimper of pain.

"Ru? I need your grandpa." Telma finally admitted.
 
Ruben took a moment to respond, but once he properly woke, he pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Do you need anything before I go?" He would only be gone five minutes, running out to catch a warrior and send him along as they'd planned.
 
Telma was so frightened that the cub was coming this early. She looked up at her mate as he asked her if she needed anything. She wanted more time more than anything. The cub needed more time too, but it seemed that no one could give that to her.

"My Da." She murmured softly, slightly embarrassed that she needed Ghell so much. "Ruben, I'm scared."
 
"You're going to be just fine," he assured her softly. "I'll be right back." He kissed her once more before disappearing. In five minutes he was back. In another five, Ghell was at her side taking her hand. Vincenzo would be along soon, but until then, Luna and Karn were on their way.
 
"I tried so hard to give them more time." Telma murmured, whimpering as she squeezed her Da's hand so tightly. "I feel like I failed my cub."
 
"You can't tell a cub when to or not to come out, little one," Ghell murmured. "It'll be alright. It just means you'll need to keep a close eye on it."

By the time Luna and Karn arrived, the contractions had slowed but were now at a steady pace. When Vincenzo arrived, he seemed slightly concerned but confident.
 
Telma was miserable with the heavy waves of pain that washed over her. She tried to walk with Ruben's support, but soon gave up on that. It hurt to even move. She felt the wolf inside of her frightened and in pain but she didn't know how to communicate that to everyone around her. She was far more scared then she thought that she would have been in that moment.
 
Vincenzo was the one who offered any kind of comfort, in the form of a mixture that would dull the pain but not get rid of it, so Telma could stay alert without feeling terribly foggy. He soon had Telma settled on her back in bed and Ghell and Ruben were on either side holding her hands.
 
Back
Top