Why the Hate

I'm new here, but have spent the last two decades on forums, and most haters have no writing ability, or any ability whatsoever, in most cases. Why worry about what Internet trolls say about you?

It means you pushed their little hot button, and they wasted an hour on a post that you and most of your readers will skim and think, "MORON!"

If they had any talent, they'd be writing their own stories on the subjects they like.

LS
 
Yea, I'm always amazed at the misogyny, double standards and pseudo tough-guy responses in LW. It just reinforces in my mind the number of d-bags out there and why there are so many divorces and generally anti-social behavior. It's just so unthinking and shallow that it's sort of horrifying that these folks are breeding, parenting and possibly voting.
 
Shed some light on the definition of EPITHANY, I cant seem to put my finger on the word anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertreams View Post
I think I may have figured it out. I have been wondering, with all this negative feedback about 'loving wives' choosing to love other than their husbands. Why I continually asked myself, would anyone want to read pornography about the things they do every day with their own wives? I think I have had an epithany. They DON'T Do things with their wives, they only WISH they did. That's what they are looking for and why they are so offended by wives who look elsewhere. By Jove I think I've got it. . ."The rain in Spain. . ."
Shed some light on the definition of EPITHANY, I cant seem to put my finger on the word anywhere

So my finger hit the t the meaning is the same and I believe you knew that.
Dictionary
epiphany
noun epiph·a·ny \i-ˈpi-fə-nē\

Epiphany : a Christian festival held on January 6 in honor of the coming of the three kings to the infant Jesus Christ

: a moment in which you suddenly see or understand something in a new or very clear way
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertreams View Post
I think I may have figured it out. I have been wondering, with all this negative feedback about 'loving wives' choosing to love other than their husbands. Why I continually asked myself, would anyone want to read pornography about the things they do every day with their own wives? I think I have had an epithany. They DON'T Do things with their wives, they only WISH they did. That's what they are looking for and why they are so offended by wives who look elsewhere. By Jove I think I've got it. . ."The rain in Spain. . ."
Shed some light on the definition of EPITHANY, I cant seem to put my finger on the word anywhere

So my finger hit the t the meaning is the same and I believe you knew that.
Dictionary
epiphany
noun epiph·a·ny \i-ˈpi-fə-nē\

Epiphany : a Christian festival held on January 6 in honor of the coming of the three kings to the infant Jesus Christ

: a moment in which you suddenly see or understand something in a new or very clear way

I'm a SOCIO-BIOLOGIST of the E.O.WILSON/RICHARD DAWKINS school. The meaning of life is to get your genes into the next generation, by hook or crook, foul means or fair.

Thus people are A, crazy if they pursuit any other outcome, or B. opportunists at getting the best spawn possible. That is, females want the best sires, males want as many wombs as possible. LW is popular because it generally depicts the reproductive struggle as it exists.

I assumed you meant EPIPHANY but many here err with homonyms, or the right homonym is mistaken for its other. Editors often change MATERIEL to MATERIAL tho I meant MATERIEL. Materiel includes much that military supply depots don't distribute....like bulk construction materials.
 
I think robertreams meant 'Epiphany' which isn't difficult to decipher.
 
Don't Quit

Appreciate the thread and the comments herein, and very much sympathize with your puzzlement about down-voting and hate comments that cuckold stories posted in Loving Wives attract. I’ve posted such stories in Interracial and these have been typically rated in the mid-4s. My most recent cuckolding story, posted in LW (having no interracial theme) is hovering around 2.85 with such helpful comments as “shit, 1*” and similar attacks. Though I’m biased, I think the latest story is at least as good as those that are rated far higher.

My stories feature attractive couples broadening their boundaries. The women are not portrayed as whores or sluts; rather, they end up enjoying their experiences. The husbands are not deceived and, in the end, find themselves enjoying what becomes a shared experience with their wives. I suspect the positive portrayal – particularly of the wives – triggers a lot of indignant moral hostility from those who read LW stories. The vehemence of some of the comments -- I’ve had some say they are going to go out of their way to down-vote cuckolding stories I posted in LW “to punish (me) for putting this crap in the wrong category” – leaves me thinking that it’s more about the theme than the quality of the writing, and that they find the positive themes personally offensive.

I’d also agree with suggestions that the nastiest comments seem to come from members who haven’t contributed stories of their own. As an author, I appreciate the time and effort others put into their stories, even when I don’t particularly like them. I’d much rather spend my time voting and commenting on stories that I like than casting shade on those I don’t, but when it comes to LW it seems like people are more inclined to complain than to praise.

There’s no happy solution, other than to delete the really hateful comments and perhaps find another category (Fetish??) in which to post. Maybe we need a “Cuckold” category on here to make it easier for the haters to avoid reading what offends them. Of course, it might just make it easier for the trolls to find. So, keep on writing and posting and don’t let them get you down.
 
I'll reiterate a point about categories and goals. Writing for LIT, what are your goals? If you want lots of Red-H's, write pandering pieces in low-reader categories. If you want eyeballs, post in Incest or LW -- those cats get the most views. If you want to *know* that you have affected readers, post in LW. You might not like all the comments but you won't go unnoticed.
 
Not new to Lit, but newly active, and this thread has been an eye-opener. Got my first really nasty comment today in a story in NonHuman, and it really feels like a lot of what is being described here. Slut-shaming, angry that my story included "aggressive females" and telling me the story was horrible because of a non-consent on the part of the male lead. (The last point is ironic because an earlier story of mine which actually does have a man being raped is never called on it.)

My partner was reading over my shoulder and his initial reaction was "God, this woman's a bitch." then he went back read it again, "No, I'm sorry. That was sexism on my part. It sounds bitchy so I assumed it was a woman. Definitely read like one of those men who is always feeling threatened."

Gender aside, I think he put his finger on it. People who post these comments feel threatened, so they seek out and attack what threatens them b/c "the best defense is a good offense."
 
Got my first really nasty comment today in a story in NonHuman, and it really feels like a lot of what is being described here.
I wear my negative comments as badges of honor. I pushed somebody's buttons. They reacted -- maybe inappropriately, but definitely. Any attention is better than no attention. I prefer scathing, mad comments to none.
 
I wear my negative comments as badges of honor. I pushed somebody's buttons. They reacted -- maybe inappropriately, but definitely. Any attention is better than no attention. I prefer scathing, mad comments to none.


I am consistently surprised by the number of people who comment on stories and cite low ratings as evidence of the validity of their remarks. As if any such endeavour should be constrained by popularity or any human being should think less of themselves because some ignorant douche bag and his/her friends agree on the point.

Indeed wear those comments as badges of honour. Fuck those people. I always vote higher when I see a story that has attracted baseless judgmental comments.
 
I am consistently surprised by the number of people who comment on stories and cite low ratings as evidence of the validity of their remarks. As if any such endeavour should be constrained by popularity or any human being should think less of themselves because some ignorant douche bag and his/her friends agree on the point.

Indeed wear those comments as badges of honour. Fuck those people. I always vote higher when I see a story that has attracted baseless judgmental comments.

Well, the ones who do that to me here on the forum have already decided to stalk and try to hound me off the Web site, and pointing to low ratings that they are fully capable of causing themselves is just one of the tools they use in this campaign. Hasn't worked, though. Their hatred is their problem, not mine.
 
One of the problems is the categories themselves. Where do you put a Sci Fi story with significant NonConsent content? There are a lot of false dichotomies in the categories. A "simple" fix would be to allow a story to be placed in multiple categories and make sure the reader knows them all when opening a story. Barring that, an author's note at the top - as much as I hate them - can help.

But sometimes you're just going to get undeserved downvotes. Assume you decided to write an allegorical story about the loss of innocence in modern society. To make the point in a negative space sort of way, you chose Fantasy as the style, and have a character named Mr Civ who goes around raping unicorns in the ass. This story could be a brilliant, scathing commentary. It could be perfectly crafted, with every word scintillating with meaning and insightful observation. It could, conceivably, be hot, at least to someone. You could have a Pulitzer on your hands, and critics might be discussing your deft use of allegory for the next century. (This is not that farfetched - the rape in Passage To India was deeply symbolic of a social ill.) You could, in short, deserve a 5.

But somewhere out there is a nineteen year old girl who is not gifted in analytical deconstruction, but has loved horsies in the purest of ways since she was six. She also enjoys some mildly erotic Fantasy with nice princes in it, and you just sprang anal bestial nonconsent on her. She and all her friends are going to 1-vote anything you ever write for the rest of your natural days.

Don't take scores too seriously. There are a LOT of random factors in scoring.
 
Laurel was really having a bad day if the nineteen-year-old horsie-loving girl runs across an anal bestial nonconsent story here. ;)
 
One of the problems is the categories themselves. Where do you put a Sci Fi story with significant NonConsent content?

Actually, isn't that particular one fairly easy? It seems to me that most stories with significant Non-Con content will do best in the Non-Con category. It's not like that category's readers will turn their noses up at Sci-Fi at the very least... in fact some of its best-rated stories are Sci-Fi. (It might be very different for gay or transgender non-con, I'd grant. Even just femdom non-con will probably get a rougher ride, so to speak.)
 
Last edited:
While it is politically incorrect to even mention, I'd LOVE to be able to collect data on how women rate stories vs the part of their cycle they are in. (There, I said it).

This is one of the oddest things I've read in a long, long time. Having a menstrual cycle doesn't cause a person to have multiple personality disorder. My tastes and opinions don't drastically change because I'm on day 4 as opposed to day 22. If someone's story is good, it's good. If it sucks, it sucks, and it doesn't matter what day it is.

Likewise, do guys rate NC stories higher on days they've taken crap from a female boss?

I don't know. Would men rate a prison rape story higher on a day they took crap from a male boss? I would think they would just rate a prison rape story higher if they were into that sort of thing. not that they were fantasizing punish-fucking their supervisor.

Why the hate? It just happens.

Sometimes the hate happens because someone hates the subject matter, it has bad triggers for them. If that's the case, I do wonder why they bother to read it, knowing the subject will bother them so deeply. Why even open the story?

I know for a certainty that there are women (presumably men as well) who get off hard to a story and then slam it with nasty comments.

How do you know this? That seems like a strange thing to do. What purpose would that serve? :confused:
 
Why the hate?

Because it's condoned. When you allow that which you can otherwise prevent, you condone. It's not like this everywhere.
 
While it is politically incorrect to even mention, I'd LOVE to be able to collect data on how women rate stories vs the part of their cycle they are in. (There, I said it).

How DARE you!!! That's outrageous! You've got a nerve.

Yes I am on at the moment. But it has NO EFFECT on me WHATSOVER!

LOL, what I find is that I am more open to emotions when I am having my period. If things are going well, then I am :cool: and I love to read sexy stories, lingering over their taut pectorals ... I mean phrase structuring. If things are difficult, then I feel the stress and anxiety more acutely and am less likely to relax over some erotica with a box of chocolates. I will just snarfle the chocolates. Chocolate always helps - with the good and the bad feelings.
:)

One time I stumbled across a neat experiment - wouldn't mind seeing it again if someone can find it.

It was the same exact story, posted twice with different titles, one in LW, the other in some appropriate other category. Think the names were "Always Say Yes" and "Never Say No."

The *exact* same content was a 4.5 in the normal category, and a 3.7 or something in LW.

The LW shark tank comments are why my characters started as married couples and got downshifted to dating and why I choose squishy categories like EC and NN.

That's such an interesting experiment, LOL.

Welcome on here, BTW, and to others who haven't posted much before.
:rose:

I have told this story often, but as you're new you may have missed it. I once had one star on Amazon for a story, and a review that said it was 'depraved filth'. My sadness at this low rating soon vanished when the downloads started soaring. That little number has never stopped downloading off Amazon since!
:D

Sometimes a one star rating can mean you hit a nerve and got a knee-jerk reaction. When I am down is when I get 2s and 3s. I often used to find I would get 5s and 1s on the same story. I could only assume I had written something well enough to get a strong response.
 
This is one of the oddest things I've read in a long, long time. Having a menstrual cycle doesn't cause a person to have multiple personality disorder. My tastes and opinions don't drastically change because I'm on day 4 as opposed to day 22. If someone's story is good, it's good. If it sucks, it sucks, and it doesn't matter what day it is.



I don't know. Would men rate a prison rape story higher on a day they took crap from a male boss? I would think they would just rate a prison rape story higher if they were into that sort of thing. not that they were fantasizing punish-fucking their supervisor.



Sometimes the hate happens because someone hates the subject matter, it has bad triggers for them. If that's the case, I do wonder why they bother to read it, knowing the subject will bother them so deeply. Why even open the story?



How do you know this? That seems like a strange thing to do. What purpose would that serve? :confused:

PMS was a mental disorder in the early 80s, proving mental disorders are political constructs. It was tossed after a while. Not because it was wrong...insurance companies refused to pay for it. In America if your insurance company wont pay for your diagnosis the disorder is impossible to get.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have told this story often, but as you're new you may have missed it. I once had one star on Amazon for a story, and a review that said it was 'depraved filth'. My sadness at this low rating soon vanished when the downloads started soaring. That little number has never stopped downloading off Amazon since!
:D

I have a couple on Amazon like that too. It's fun.
 
Time for a New Category, But That May Not Work

I've posted cuckold/interracial themed stories in LW and in Interracial, and it is abundantly clear that LW has an active group of vigilantes who scour the submissions to rain venom on those authors who have the temerity to post such stories in LW.

Some of it is just bizarre. Member jaxster99 posted negative comments on at least 6 of my stories on the same day -- which happened to be the same day that said jaxster99 joined Literotica. Why anyone would feel compelled to go out of their way to post negative comments on multiple stories by the same author on the same day they became a member is beyond me. "I hated the first story so much I had to read five more just to be sure"?

I think it's way past time for Literotica to create a "cuckold" or "open marriage" story category. There are enough such stories to warrant the category, and perhaps it might stop provoking LW watchdogs like the one who announced that since I had posted a cuckold story in LW, he was going to downvote it to teach me a lesson not to post in LW. On the other hand, it might just make it easier for the trolls to find the stories they hate.

In the end, perhaps there's no accounting for whatever it is that drives this silly behavior. Best to shrug and move on.
 
I posted two stories within about a week of one another with, at the root of them, very similar themes. In both, a wife on her own decides to have some fun on the side. They were both posted to the same category. There were some differences. In one, the husband is a cheating bastard. In the other, the wife and the husband have for sometime fantasized together about her being with another man. There are also ethnic differences.

Beyond that, there are few fundamental differences. One scored very high with readers. The other... Troll bait.

Can someone offer me some understanding around this?

Short answer, and forgive the bad language, but some folk are just cunts. I am only guessing but I'm thinking one story was a wife having sex with a black man, and she's white?

I've written some IR erotica for friends and boy I can tell you that really brings out the redneck erotica fucktards.

It's hard but just ignore the haters. They're so ball less they can't even post using their own name.

They aren't worth the worry.

"You know if your fucking gums were on fire I still wouldn't piss in your mouth to put them out you cunt!"

Bronson
 
Back
Top