The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Right. I'll watch some hockey tonight and see what happens. Hockey solves everything, right? ;)

No, seriously, I guess I just need to give the kids a sedative so I have time to write.

a pint of jack daniel's works on my son.

... mind you, he is 26. ;)
 
Against sound reason I've ventured back into The LW category. I'd really appreciate feedback if you get a chance to read it. I've enjoyed the ones I've read so far in this year's contest. I'll get to more of them soon.

Thanks.

http://www.literotica.com/s/valentines-day-divorce

Wow! You really stirred things up with this one. If you were trying to piss off every male reader in LW you probably made a good start. Well written, very cruel tale. I kept waiting for some kind of redeeming element in the wife, but no, nada, zilch. Hoping for a last minute change of heart, or something. No such luck.

It was somewhat in the vein of your other 2 pre-nup stories (there may be more, I don't recall) Marrying a Doctor, and Negotiating the Pre-nup. Those two women were conniving, but seemed to care for the man, and though tricky, they weren't complete asswipes. Not like Cassie.

I liked Negotiating the Pre-nup. Slick girl. Hot too. If her man doesn't have enough brains to figure out what she was up to, oh well. It was all up and up, using his desire to bend things her way.

Not like Valentine's Day Divorce. Not very likable. Heck, strike the very.

I've poked the readers a few times (notably Bad Heather and A Joke Ch.02) but never so viciously. The comments are interesting, will be more interesting to see how it comes out.
 
Remembering that far back, liquid baby Tylenol was the toddlers Jack Daniels. Couple of drops of that and see ya later!

Never saw Tylenol have that effect on kids, but Benadryl is pretty reliable that way. I've heard a lot of people say they give it to their kids before flights and such.
 
Never saw Tylenol have that effect on kids, but Benadryl is pretty reliable that way. I've heard a lot of people say they give it to their kids before flights and such.

We did that once on a flight from New York to Oslo. The knockout drops made the kid hyper until we got to Oslo and then he zonked out for two days.
 
Never saw Tylenol have that effect on kids, but Benadryl is pretty reliable that way. I've heard a lot of people say they give it to their kids before flights and such.

Used to put them right out, especially when they were teething. Came in grape and cherry!

Do they even sell it anymore?

I used to feel bad, but you know now 20 years later I see all these kids getting put on on Ritalin and who knows what else and I'm like, "Okay, the Tylenol wasn't too bad."

On another note we give one of our dogs benadryl or try to, sucker can eat an entire dish of food and spit that little pill right out.
 
Thanks for your comments

Wow! You really stirred things up with this one. If you were trying to piss off every male reader in LW you probably made a good start. Well written, very cruel tale. I kept waiting for some kind of redeeming element in the wife, but no, nada, zilch. Hoping for a last minute change of heart, or something. No such luck.

It was somewhat in the vein of your other 2 pre-nup stories (there may be more, I don't recall) Marrying a Doctor, and Negotiating the Pre-nup. Those two women were conniving, but seemed to care for the man, and though tricky, they weren't complete asswipes. Not like Cassie.

I liked Negotiating the Pre-nup. Slick girl. Hot too. If her man doesn't have enough brains to figure out what she was up to, oh well. It was all up and up, using his desire to bend things her way.

Not like Valentine's Day Divorce. Not very likable. Heck, strike the very.

I've poked the readers a few times (notably Bad Heather and A Joke Ch.02) but never so viciously. The comments are interesting, will be more interesting to see how it comes out.



Each time I've entered a Loving Wives story, I get hate mail & ridiculous comments. I don't mean actual comments, but the "I hope you die, Bitch" type. They often accuse me of only having cruel, bitches as characters, so I created this story with a manipulative bitch at the center of it. I then put it in LW, not really knowing, but having a good guess what would happen.

This will definately be my lowest rated story; any wife taking advantage of her husband, no matter how it is written, will score low in LW, but it will also be my most commented on by far.

One interesting thing I noticed is that readers who like the story are e-mailing me and those who hate it are posting comments.
 
I understand. Far too many believe you are what you write. Makes me really twisted in nearly a dozen categories!

I'd poke 'em harder, but I am a wimp about some things. I hate how many 'favorites' I lose when I go too far. I admit I'm a whore for the red H and favorites.

Bad Heather was written for a competition a while ago, after I'd recently won. I was ineligible, so I gave it a really terrible ending. Horrible. A good story until then. My, how they screamed. Funny thing was many still liked it. It eventually got all the way up to a 4.04 rating. I still don't understand how. I was shooting for a 2.

I felt bad about it and rewrote it with a better ending. Wimped out again.

Maybe those LW trolls are right... I am a wimp ;)
 
Ninety nine per cent of the story is written. I just need an ending. I wonder if "Oh, look! There's something sparkly over there" would work. :catgrin:

A :kiss: from the good little witch.
 
Ninety nine per cent of the story is written. I just need an ending. I wonder if "Oh, look! There's something sparkly over there" would work. :catgrin:

A :kiss: from the good little witch.

That probably beats out my "There was a blinding flash and everybody dies" ending to one story.
 
Ninety nine per cent of the story is written. I just need an ending. I wonder if "Oh, look! There's something sparkly over there" would work. :catgrin:

A :kiss: from the good little witch.

depends what's sparkling...;)
 
I found this rather interesting. My Valentine's Day story which got posted 22 hours ago wasn't very well liked. The story supposedly didn't work for most readers, but in 22 hrs. I had 17674 reads and 731 readers took the time to vote on a story they didn't like and even 44 took the time to leave me a comment. Of course that's loving wives for you.

That's why I love writing stories here. Quite the passionate and outspoken readers group. The story is a hair under 4.00 which I don't have to many below 4.00 but doesn't that mean 'Good Read'? I liked it.

I just had to share this. I think I might write an incest story and see what happens. Out of hundreds of stories I only have two in incest/taboo.

Best of luck to everyone.
DG
 
That probably beats out my "There was a blinding flash and everybody dies" ending to one story.

I have two stories that end in death. One tanked, one scored really well. how knows...
 
I have two stories that end in death. One tanked, one scored really well. how knows...

This wasn't just death. This was like wiping out half the east coast and all the characters along with it.

It was the lead-in to a sci/fi novel I was working on. My laptop got stolen with the only copy of the novel. That was back in the days before I learned to back up six ways to Sunday. I had the lead-in laying around so I posted it.

The score goes in cycles. It'll get up to "H" and then it will nose dive. Then it will build back up only to nose dive again. Weird.
 
Contest analysis - Valentine's Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The dice tell me that there are 23 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.17 from an average of 278 votes. Stories had an average of 16,557 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 11 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.77%. The average number of pages is 3.7, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 5,844 votes, 380,830 views, 164 favorites and 266 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.17) is 0.66 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 278) is 271. The median score is 4.41, the median number of votes is 141 and the median number of pages is 3. The top 25% of scores are 4.58 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.94 or below.

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

  • Anal (1 story)
  • BDSM (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (2 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (4 stories)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (4 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1 story)

New stories today


Authors entered so far are:

BenLong, carlieplum, DG Hear, geronimo_appleby (2), HeyAll, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, luvthedesserts, msgrant67, MSTarot, nicerack, OctavianEarth, sexnovella, silkstockingslover, sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, Totzman, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex, YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Valentine's Day Contest 2013
 
One more paragraph. The category will probably be "nonhuman", not exactly your standard Valentine's Day fare.
 
Submitted, and without a sparkle in sight.

A :kiss: from the good little witch.
 
I went ahead and wrote a second story yesterday. I was asked why I don't write incest stories so I wrote one. It's already posted. A little out of my comfort zone but was interesting. I do have two othe incest stories but it's been awhile since I wrote them.
Just having fun
DG
 
Back
Top