The Earth Day 2011 Contest Support Thread

Oh that's funny, Dark. That's the time I started brainstorming/writing mine, as well. Actually, I had written a poem back in college called "Dryad's Lament." Not so happy ending, but definitely got the protect mother earth point across. I knew for this one that I wanted my plot centered around the concepts in the poem. I also like the play on words and meaning of "heartwood." GMTA? LOL
 
And, already on a clean page! There's an Earth Day effort for you. Took out the garbage in record time :D
 
OWLWHISPER: I wasn't sure if you were going for in your face or subtlety, but did feel it would help transition into that scene better. Your story was just so unique from any I have read, thus far. You're welcome. :) Yah, I figure that giving someone a low score is insulting, and even if I don't like the story, I know that people pore (pun intended) their blood, sweat, tears, and energy into their stories, as I do too. It doesn't make sense to me. EVEN being a contest.
 
Just got 1-bombed again *laugh*

They never seem to learn, do they? Picked up two fives before that, though. Probably the delusional one's unintentional advertising :D
 
Keep on harping with that "chapter" and "cut-n-paste" stuff, scouries. Every time you do, people end up reading my story, finding out that you're a bold-faced liar, enjoying my tale, and going back to get to know the other members of the family they've only met in passing in the new stories better. :D

And the "everybody's an alt!" thing is so, so tired. Anybody with half a brain can see completely different writing styles and word choice. :rolleyes:

Here's one for you, sherlock. I do have a second story in the contest -- and it's not anything you've mentioned. I'd tell you to find it, but you don't actually read anything, do you?
There's always a chance that you're so talented you can adopt different styles like Lady Gaga does costumes. In which case you probably deserve to win.
 
Well, here we go, y'all. The score changes were a mixed bag on this track. Some went up, some went down. Big shakeup in the rankings, mostly from stories leaving the ranked list.

Eight stories dropped below the 25 vote minimum, including the one that crept above it yesterday.

A contestant disqualified one story by turning off voting.

The top didn't move around much, and neither did the bottom, but the middle did a lot of trading places.

The new average score is 4.26 and the median is 4.30

Contest stories show 9,659 votes remaining for an average of 132 and a median of 54

I've been able to observe 1,438 votes swept from contest stories, for an average of 20 and a median of 9.

Stories in the contest have accumulated a total of 960,939 views, for an average of 13,164 and a median of 6,952

In total, contest stories have 144 favorites and 588 comments.

Keep in mind that the sweep totals are always going to be low. New votes on low/vote late entry stories will always skew this quite a bit. Mine is off by about 3 currently ( which isn't even accurate for certain ) and we'll see how far it is from my current track when the sweep from today registers tomorrow.

At the end of the contest, I'll add some new columns to the track, showing percentages of votes swept on each story, as well as anything else I added to the final track during the Winter Contest that I've forgotten about while typing *laugh*

Once the winners are announced, I'll upload all the tracking pages and link to them here for everyone to click through as they please.

===========

Edit later: Have to take back what I said earlier. I said I got a 1-bomb, but when it got swept a couple of minutes ago ( how long did it last? A couple of hours? *laugh* Silly trolls :p ) I did the math and it was a 2, with the second vote that came in around the same time a 4.
 
Last edited:
Wow, the average sky-rocketed. And mine barely moved...darn... Ah well. Still doing as well as my last Nude Day Contest Entry. It's good for me, that's what matters.
 
Thanks, that's good to know. Codes for the dashes would be useful to have. I think the last time I submitted a story I cut and pasted dashes from the MS Windows Character Map utility and it seemed to work. But, as they say in superfasttalk at the end of investment commercials, "Past performance does not guarantee or imply future success."

After reading a guide written by Weird Harold I had to laugh at the train wreck I was setting up in my current story. I have used groups of left carets to divide scenes. I bet that would give the HTML interpreter some issues.

In Word, using the numeric keypad, em-dashes are Alt+0151 and en-dashes are Alt+0150 (you need to have spaces between the 2 words the dashes join). The degree symbol (numeric again) is Alt+0186. Hope this helps.
 
Are you saying you need to have spaces around the em dash and en dash to be able to obtain them off the numeric pads? I ask, because there are to be no spaces on either side of these symbols in publishing.
 
I'd just like to voice my disappointment at not receiving any hatemail for writing in the incest category. Le sigh. What does a writer have to do to inspire a bit of vitriol these days, hmm?
 
[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]


[size=+2]
LITEROTICA’S LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD
[/size]



[size=+3]The winner of the 2011 EARTH DAY MANU has been named!!!![/size]

184_450pxStatue_of_a_Satyr_1.jpg

the [size=+2]:D MANU :D[/size] award

This is the sixth MANU to be awarded. He’s the author of some of LITEROTICA’S greatest stories (‘Service’, ‘Cheeleader’, ‘Erin’, and ‘Jenny’ among others) AND a member of the 100+ COMMENT club, the 1000+ VOTE club as well as being one of LITEROTICA’S “FAVORITEST” authors. He’s the one and only:

[size=+4]
TryAnything
[/size]


Joining ManyFeathers, rgjohn, SamuelX, sarahhh, and Slickman as the only holders of the MANU!​

Well done sir.

[size=+2]Gabrielle L.[/size]
President, A.I.R.
Secretery of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story clubs
Miami Beach, Florida
 
Responding to Firebrain:

However, there is a difference between Word 2007 and Notepad in using Alt-inserting. Word requires Number Lock be on, while notepad doesn't seem to care.[/QUOTE]
I'll bite! I hate uncle incest. It's just disgusting.

Seriously though: Your story involves two consenting individuals who have their eyes wide open. I am much more bothered by "uglier" relationships and avoid the category for fear of stumbling onto them. I liked your story in spite of its category. How about that for vitriol!
 
Last edited:
Responding to Firebrain:

However, there is a difference between Word 2007 and Notepad in using Alt-inserting. Word requires Number Lock be on, while notepad doesn't seem to care.
I'll bite! I hate uncle incest. It's just disgusting.

Seriously though: Your story involves two consenting individuals who have their eyes wide open. I am much more bothered by "uglier" relationships and avoid the category for fear of stumbling onto them. I liked your story in spite of its category. How about that for vitriol!

Could you at least say it again when drunk? Throw a little spit into the mix. Maybe shake a pitchfork.

(Lol. Thank you.)
 
Last edited:
to be sent to laurel later today...

Dear LAUREL :cattail:,

I’m writing you today to ask you a favor. And it’s a favor I’m hoping you’ll grant not only me but the whole LITEROTICA community.

And hey, don’t worry, I’m not asking this on behalf of myself. james r scouries will not benefit in any way if you do decide to do the right thing.

It concerns the EARTH DAY CONTEST currently underway. And my request is a simple one – when you make your final shuffling of the scores prior to announcing the winners please keep in mind that this is a contest whose winners are supposed to have been selected by the reading public.

Gabby today starting running the totals for the A.I.R. Contest and something became absolutely clear to everyone she showed them to. There is an obvious winner! In fact it’s a rout!

Now I know you have saved one of the placings for darkboy in exchange for his towing the party line for the past 12 months. And listen, it’s your site and if you want to make side deals that’s your prerogative. Mind you I just wish he didn’t make it so obvious by his flouting of the rules. So give him third place if you like.

I’m also going to propose that you make a deal with little ralphie. Give him second place in exchange for a promise that he’ll only submit one story per contest over the next 12 months. It'll be win-win for all of us.

So now we’re left with first place and this is where I’m going to ask the favor.

One story has the MOST VIEWS, MOST VOTES, MOST COMMENTS and MOST FAVORITES from the LITEROTICA reading public. And he’s in first place in all these categories not by some slim margin – in fact he’s left every other story in the field far behind. We are all sucking the proverbial hind tit.

So for once can’t you see it in your heart to reward #1?

The name of he story is: THE PLATFORM by alwayswantedto.

It has more than 200 votes more than its closest competitor.

More than double the ‘favorites’ of the second best.

Almost double the VIEWS of #2.

It received the MOST COMMENTS!

On behalf of every LITEROTICAreader I ask that you reward this author and story. One simple, fair act could finally start the process of regaining credibility for your contests. Thank you,

jim

[size=+2]james r scouries esq.[/size]
Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner, MILLION SELLER,
Author of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA
 
some of Gabby's figures...

... figures were accumulated by gabby and the ScouriesWorld staff at 2 p.m. this aft. little ralphies figures were not collected as we had no interest in them. The scores of the 58 LITEROTICA earth day stories were extracted from the A.I.R. figures.

COMMENTS RECEIVED IN DESCENDING ORDER

The Platform alwayswantedto 51
Cider Webs Firebrain 37
Dad's Two Little Earth Day Darlings scouries 28
Lost in the Woods PennLady 24
Honey Dippers DG Hear 20
The Pareto Efficient Relationship LettersFromTatyana 18
Chrysander's Mate avidreader_01 18
Don't Fuck the Flowers manyeyedhydra 16
Going Green sleeplessgurl 15
Life Springs Eternal Bestroika 14
Long Haul Scaramouche123 12
HeartWood LunaEroticaMystica 11
My Brother - My Hero MarlowBunny 11
A Fall From Grace silkstockingslover 10
Best Earth Day Ever Ambrose1911 10
The Four Seasons LiquidMatthew 9
Hard Pounding Raine RejectReality 8
The Convenient Truth PrincessErin 7
The Show Must Cum On MarlowBunny 7
Rhea Goldeniangel 6
Bound to the Forest God EesomeBeastie 6
Heart of the Wood LesLumens 6
The Tree AaronTraugott 6
Gone Fishing pilot63 6
Treetop Lovers Boxlicker101 6
Legend's Victim voluptuary_manque 6
Juliet's Fall Owlwhisper 5
The Places Eddie Goes Transverse 5
The Spirit of the Glen MarlowBunny 5
How Naked Are You Willing to Get? electric1 5
Dirty Girl diggypop 5
An Earth Day to Remember centrum1000 5
Fast Car, Fur Coat bgoodladdy 4
Last Forest in America Bakeboss 4
Sunlight Mrs_Cumming 4
Roadway Kaishaku 4
Rites of Spring KT5354 4
A Secret Amid The Trees mythtrav16 4
Contest hoo_hoo_boo 4
Kiss of the Spider Woman voluptuary_manque 4
Ceremony of Rebirth Acal 3
Chelsea's Garden lazyways 3
Old Major playfullelf 3
An Earth Day Celebration Worth Remembering jjjohns 3
To Plant The Seeds of Love MerielMcCaffrey 3
A Walk I Will Never Forget ccconwell 3
Naked in the Outdoors HeyAll 3
It's Like Our Old Swamp Gnaeus 3
All Natural AlwaysHungry 2
The Green Man Noira 2
Our Personal Earth Day CFBwriter 2
Shark Cage Gnaeus 2
Desert Goddess bamboomoon 2
Brandy Alors_On_Danse 2
Earth Day Hunt Bethyboo 2
Natural and Supernatural Nathaniel_Selene 1
The Perfect Aphrodisiac Luscious_Lane 1
Donna & Kevin Go to the Zoo Boxlicker101 1

FAVORITES RECEIVED IN DESCENDING ORDER


The Platform alwayswantedto 22
Dad's Two Little Earth Day Darlings scouries 11
Cider Webs Firebrain 7
Chrysander's Mate avidreader_01 7
Lost in the Woods PennLady 6
Best Earth Day Ever Ambrose1911 6
The Pareto Efficient Relationship LettersFromTatyana 5
My Brother - My Hero MarlowBunny 5
The Four Seasons LiquidMatthew 5
The Show Must Cum On MarlowBunny 5
The Tree AaronTraugott 4
Don't Fuck the Flowers manyeyedhydra 3
Going Green sleeplessgurl 3
Heart of the Wood LesLumens 3
An Earth Day to Remember centrum1000 3
A Secret Amid The Trees mythtrav16 3
Honey Dippers DG Hear 2
A Fall From Grace silkstockingslover 2
Hard Pounding Raine RejectReality 2
Rhea Goldeniangel 2
Bound to the Forest God EesomeBeastie 2
Legend's Victim voluptuary_manque 2
The Spirit of the Glen MarlowBunny 2
Roadway Kaishaku 2
All Natural AlwaysHungry 2
Brandy Alors_On_Danse 2
Life Springs Eternal Bestroika 1
HeartWood LunaEroticaMystica 1
The Convenient Truth PrincessErin 1
Gone Fishing pilot63 1
Juliet's Fall Owlwhisper 1
The Places Eddie Goes Transverse 1
How Naked Are You Willing to Get? electric1 1
Dirty Girl diggypop 1
Kiss of the Spider Woman voluptuary_manque 1
Old Major playfullelf 1
It's Like Our Old Swamp Gnaeus 1
Shark Cage Gnaeus 1
Earth Day Hunt Bethyboo 1
The Perfect Aphrodisiac Luscious_Lane 1
Long Haul Scaramouche123 0
Treetop Lovers Boxlicker101 0
Fast Car, Fur Coat bgoodladdy 0
Last Forest in America Bakeboss 0
Sunlight Mrs_Cumming 0
Rites of Spring KT5354 0
Contest hoo_hoo_boo 0
Ceremony of Rebirth Acal 0
Chelsea's Garden lazyways 0
An Earth Day Celebration Worth Remembering jjjohns 0
To Plant The Seeds of Love MerielMcCaffrey 0
A Walk I Will Never Forget ccconwell 0
Naked in the Outdoors HeyAll 0
The Green Man Noira 0
Our Personal Earth Day CFBwriter 0
Desert Goddess bamboomoon 0
Natural and Supernatural Nathaniel_Selene 0
Donna & Kevin Go to the Zoo Boxlicker101 0

STORY RATING IN DESCENDING ORDER


Heart of the Wood LesLumens 4.79
Going Green sleeplessgurl 4.73
Cider Webs Firebrain 4.73
The Pareto Efficient Relationship LettersFromTatyana 4.72
Lost in the Woods PennLady 4.72
Chrysander's Mate avidreader_01 4.71
Don't Fuck the Flowers manyeyedhydra 4.69
Earth Day Hunt Bethyboo 4.67
HeartWood LunaEroticaMystica 4.65
Dad's Two Little Earth Day Darlings scouries 4.64
The Four Seasons LiquidMatthew 4.63
The Platform alwayswantedto 4.63
Honey Dippers DG Hear 4.61
Hard Pounding Raine RejectReality 4.61
The Places Eddie Goes Transverse 4.55
The Show Must Cum On MarlowBunny 4.47
The Perfect Aphrodisiac Luscious_Lane 4.45
All Natural AlwaysHungry 4.44
The Tree AaronTraugott 4.43
Long Haul Scaramouche123 4.42
The Convenient Truth PrincessErin 4.42
It's Like Our Old Swamp Gnaeus 4.42
An Earth Day to Remember centrum1000 4.40
Gone Fishing pilot63 4.39
Rhea Goldeniangel 4.38
Donna & Kevin Go to the Zoo Boxlicker101 4.33
Roadway Kaishaku 4.33
Juliet's Fall Owlwhisper 4.31
A Fall From Grace silkstockingslover 4.31
Dirty Girl diggypop 4.31
My Brother - My Hero MarlowBunny 4.31
Treetop Lovers Boxlicker101 4.31
Natural and Supernatural Nathaniel_Selene 4.27
Chelsea's Garden lazyways 4.27
Desert Goddess bamboomoon 4.26
Brandy Alors_On_Danse 4.26
How Naked Are You Willing to Get? electric1 4.25
The Spirit of the Glen MarlowBunny 4.24
Bound to the Forest God EesomeBeastie 4.21
Best Earth Day Ever Ambrose1911 4.20
Kiss of the Spider Woman voluptuary_manque 4.17
Ceremony of Rebirth Acal 4.16
A Secret Amid The Trees mythtrav16 4.16
Old Major playfullelf 4.10
An Earth Day Celebration Worth Remembering jjjohns 4.10
Life Springs Eternal Bestroika 4.1
To Plant The Seeds of Love MerielMcCaffrey 4.09
Our Personal Earth Day CFBwriter 4.07
Sunlight Mrs_Cumming 4.00
Shark Cage Gnaeus 3.96
Last Forest in America Bakeboss 3.95
A Walk I Will Never Forget ccconwell 3.89
Rites of Spring KT5354 3.87
Naked in the Outdoors HeyAll 3.80
Legend's Victim voluptuary_manque 3.79
Fast Car, Fur Coat bgoodladdy 3.76
The Green Man Noira 3.68
Contest hoo_hoo_boo 2.75
 
Last edited:
more of gabby's figures...

... figures were accumulated by gabby and the ScouriesWorld staff at 2 p.m. this aft. little ralphies figures were not collected as we had no interest in them. The scores of the 58 LITEROTICA earth day stories were extracted from the A.I.R. figures.

VOTES FROM MOST TO LEAST


The Platform alwayswantedto 960
Dad's Two Little Earth Day Darlings scouries 758
Honey Dippers DG Hear 583
Best Earth Day Ever Ambrose1911 458
Roadway Kaishaku 448
Cider Webs Firebrain 382
An Earth Day to Remember centrum1000 320
Lost in the Woods PennLady 277
Hard Pounding Raine RejectReality 250
My Brother - My Hero MarlowBunny 240
Long Haul Scaramouche123 239
Don't Fuck the Flowers manyeyedhydra 236
Chrysander's Mate avidreader_01 202
The Pareto Efficient Relationship LettersFromTatyana 194
A Fall From Grace silkstockingslover 159
The Show Must Cum On MarlowBunny 110
Chelsea's Garden lazyways 96
The Tree AaronTraugott 95
Gone Fishing pilot63 90
Going Green sleeplessgurl 89
The Four Seasons LiquidMatthew 78
All Natural AlwaysHungry 73
Rhea Goldeniangel 69
How Naked Are You Willing to Get? electric1 68
Naked in the Outdoors HeyAll 66
Heart of the Wood LesLumens 63
Bound to the Forest God EesomeBeastie 57
Desert Goddess bamboomoon 57
Dirty Girl diggypop 55
Sunlight Mrs_Cumming 54
Treetop Lovers Boxlicker101 51
An Earth Day Celebration Worth Remembering jjjohns 49
A Secret Amid The Trees mythtrav16 49
HeartWood LunaEroticaMystica 48
Kiss of the Spider Woman voluptuary_manque 46
It's Like Our Old Swamp Gnaeus 43
Juliet's Fall Owlwhisper 42
The Places Eddie Goes Transverse 42
Last Forest in America Bakeboss 39
The Convenient Truth PrincessErin 38
A Walk I Will Never Forget ccconwell 35
The Green Man Noira 34
Fast Car, Fur Coat bgoodladdy 34
To Plant The Seeds of Love MerielMcCaffrey 34
The Perfect Aphrodisiac Luscious_Lane 33
Ceremony of Rebirth Acal 31
Old Major playfullelf 31
Life Springs Eternal Bestroika 30
The Spirit of the Glen MarlowBunny 29
Shark Cage Gnaeus 25
Donna & Kevin Go to the Zoo Boxlicker101 24
Legend's Victim voluptuary_manque 24
Rites of Spring KT5354 23
Brandy Alors_On_Danse 19
Earth Day Hunt Bethyboo 18
Our Personal Earth Day CFBwriter 15
Natural and Supernatural Nathaniel_Selene 11
Contest hoo_hoo_boo 8


VIEWS FROM MOST TO LEAST

The Platform alwayswantedto 92380
Roadway Kaishaku 55773
Best Earth Day Ever Ambrose1911 48267
My Brother - My Hero MarlowBunny 46455
An Earth Day to Remember centrum1000 46433
Dad's Two Little Earth Day Darlings scouries 45882
Cider Webs Firebrain 37473
Hard Pounding Raine RejectReality 28061
The Show Must Cum On MarlowBunny 21998
Gone Fishing pilot63 21752
A Fall From Grace silkstockingslover 20663
How Naked Are You Willing to Get? electric1 18202
Honey Dippers DG Hear 17830
All Natural AlwaysHungry 16250
Long Haul Scaramouche123 14522
Sunlight Mrs_Cumming 13616
Naked in the Outdoors HeyAll 12993
Don't Fuck the Flowers manyeyedhydra 12753
Lost in the Woods PennLady 11175
Going Green sleeplessgurl 9624
Dirty Girl diggypop 8604
Fast Car, Fur Coat bgoodladdy 8155
A Walk I Will Never Forget ccconwell 7728
The Four Seasons LiquidMatthew 7618
The Pareto Efficient Relationship LettersFromTatyana 7567
Ceremony of Rebirth Acal 7438
Last Forest in America Bakeboss 7282
The Green Man Noira 6985
A Secret Amid The Trees mythtrav16 6952
Kiss of the Spider Woman voluptuary_manque 6664
The Places Eddie Goes Transverse 6503
The Perfect Aphrodisiac Luscious_Lane 6470
The Tree AaronTraugott 6281
Brandy Alors_On_Danse 5669
Shark Cage Gnaeus 5610
Desert Goddess bamboomoon 5606
It's Like Our Old Swamp Gnaeus 5537
Rhea Goldeniangel 5434
Chrysander's Mate avidreader_01 5366
An Earth Day Celebration Worth Remembering jjjohns 5305
Treetop Lovers Boxlicker101 5136
Juliet's Fall Owlwhisper 5078
To Plant The Seeds of Love MerielMcCaffrey 5049
Chelsea's Garden lazyways 4970
Old Major playfullelf 4925
Donna & Kevin Go to the Zoo Boxlicker101 4863
Rites of Spring KT5354 4337
Earth Day Hunt Bethyboo 4325
The Convenient Truth PrincessErin 4231
Life Springs Eternal Bestroika 4123
The Spirit of the Glen MarlowBunny 4060
Bound to the Forest God EesomeBeastie 3864
Legend's Victim voluptuary_manque 3562
Our Personal Earth Day CFBwriter 3326
Heart of the Wood LesLumens 3112
Contest hoo_hoo_boo 2658
HeartWood LunaEroticaMystica 2489
Natural and Supernatural Nathaniel_Selene 2109

And you know what? I'm pretty happy with my little story - its got a 2nd, a 6th, a 3rd, a 2nd and a 10th in the five categories.

And I'd like to thank all of my readers for their great support!

jim
 
category breakdown...

For those of you interested in the categories of the various stories I'll post them. Sci-Fi and Non-Human had a combined 16 of the 58 entries. Followed by EC with 9, Romance with 8 and Incest with 7.

CATEGORY

Earth Day Hunt bdsm
How Naked Are You Willing to Get? celebs
Going Green erotic coup
Rhea erotic coup
Dirty Girl erotic coup
Desert Goddess erotic coup
To Plant The Seeds of Love erotic coup
Our Personal Earth Day erotic coup
Shark Cage erotic coup
A Walk I Will Never Forget erotic coup
Fast Car, Fur Coat erotic coup
Naked in the Outdoors exhibition
Sunlight exhibition
Last Forest in America first
Chrysander's Mate gay
The Places Eddie Goes gay
All Natural group
Gone Fishing group
Ceremony of Rebirth group
Don't Fuck the Flowers horror
Legend's Victim horror
Contest humor
Cider Webs incest
Dad's Two Little Earth Day Darlings incest
The Platform incest
An Earth Day to Remember incest
Roadway incest
My Brother - My Hero incest
Best Earth Day Ever incest
Hard Pounding Raine mature
Long Haul mature
A Fall From Grace mind con
Brandy non con
The Show Must Cum On non con
HeartWood non human
The Perfect Aphrodisiac non human
The Green Man non human
Donna & Kevin Go to the Zoo romance
Treetop Lovers romance
Honey Dippers romance
It's Like Our Old Swamp romance
An Earth Day Celebration Worth Remembering romance
Chelsea's Garden romance
The Pareto Efficient Relationship romance
Lost in the Woods romance
The Tree sci fi
Life Springs Eternal sci fi
Bound to the Forest God sci fi
Rites of Spring sci fi
Heart of the Wood sci fi
The Four Seasons sci fi
The Spirit of the Glen sci fi
A Secret Amid The Trees sci fi
Natural and Supernatural sci fi
Juliet's Fall sci fi
Old Major sci fi
The Convenient Truth sci fi
Kiss of the Spider Woman sci fi

gabby
 
I'm finding that my views go up, my votes go down, my score goes up. It's an interesting phenomenon to watch.
 
Back
Top