What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They represent in some instances a national security threat. All we have to do is review the recent threatened closures of major American ports that hold the entire national economy hostage to their demands.

You need look behind the curtain on that.
Warren Buffett has a ton of money at play he owns couple rail road companies.
 
They represent in some instances a national security threat. All we have to do is review the recent threatened closures of major American ports that hold the entire national economy hostage to their demands.


Meanwhile you support the Republican party holding the entire national economy hostage to its demands.
 
Not really, all you have to see is the one billion dollars a day that little episode in L.A. was costing the economy where you had about 800 union members shutting down a strategic port at tremendous costs to the economy that has yet to be calculated, and a similar situation on the East coast. The strategic interests of the nation should never be in the hands of union labor.

Eight hundred people shut down the entire nation? They sound like really important people who should probably be paid enough that they aren't bitching. Clearly they aren't people you can just do without.
 
High Cost of Green Energy Looms over Middle Class in Obama's Second Term





Two of the world's leaders in green energy production also have the world's highest residential energy costs.

Danish academic and writer Bjorn Lomborg posted a graph on his Facebook page highlighting the high cost of electricity in countries with a big commitment to green energy:


Denmark leads the world in wind power per capita. Germany is the world leader for solar power per capita. Both energy forms require heavy subsidies. Not coincidentally, Denmark and Germany lead the world in highest costs of electricity for households, with the lowest cost in the US.

In a related post, Lomborg adds, "Real German electricity prices for households have increased 61% since 2000. One quarter of household costs now stem directly from renewable energy." You could say that, thanks to green energy, residential electricity prices have skyrocketed.

This is timely because in his second inaugural speech Monday, President Obama indicated that green energy and climate change would be priorities in his next term. He even warned that the "path towards sustainable energy sources will be long and sometimes difficult." There is every reason to believe this is a promise he will keep.

Prior to his election in 2008, Obama told a group of journalists that under his cap and trade system, "if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them..."

The cap and trade system never made it through Congress, which was busy with Obama's healthcare reforms, but new EPA restrictions on coal-powered plants have led to shutdown announcements around the country. According the Sierra Club, which opposes coal use, 55 plants have announced intentions to shut down by 2015.

In his first term, Obama also disapproved, temporarily, the Keystone XL pipeline which would bring oil from Canada to the Gulf Coast. A revised path for the pipeline was approved by Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman on Tuesday, meaning the last hurdle is the State Department's decision to allow it to cross the US-Canadian border. A final decision is expected some time in March.

The pipeline would add tens of thousands of jobs in the U.S.; however, environmentalists have waged a campaign against it. Canadian writer Ezra Levant has called the multi-million dollar environmental campaign "industrial sabotage." Obama may see the sacrifice of these jobs as part of the pain along the "path towards sustainable energy."

We won't know how Obama plans to put meat on the bones of his environmental promises until at least March. Based on his track record and the high cost of green energy in Europe, it's possible skyrocketing electricity prices are a promise Obama will decide he needs to keep this time around.
 
Eight hundred people shut down the entire nation? They sound like really important people who should probably be paid enough that they aren't bitching. Clearly they aren't people you can just do without.

look what only 12 people did on 9/11

MOE

FUCKING

RON
 
death panel

Orszag: "require any patient admitted to a hospital to fill out an advance directive about their end-of-life care" http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/3023caa2-63e3-11e2-84d8-00144feab49a.html#axzz2IjJPFBE4

REQUIRE?

What if someone doesn't want to?

what if someone INSISTS on doing all and spending all to save the person?

how soon before they are NOT admitted?

how soon before hospitals are told ONLY X can be spent n anyone over 65?

Look what I posted in Japan............HURRY UP AN DIE


ObamaCare=Abortion and DEATH PANEL!
 
BTW, CURRY

STFU, no one will respond to you, but the NIGGERZ and fellow crazies:cool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top