Enema used as a tool.

But said study has nothing to do with negative effects on daily life.

Your argument was that there are no studies about enemas and that water enemas alone cannot significantly reduce the bacteria.

The study proves you wrong in both cases.
 
Your argument was that there are no studies about enemas and that water enemas alone cannot significantly reduce the bacteria.

The study proves you wrong in both cases.

Yes, studies that would prove the point that the poster was trying to make. The study you posted does not do that.
 
Yes, studies that would prove the point that the poster was trying to make. The study you posted does not do that.

Your argument was that there are no studies about enemas and that water enemas alone cannot significantly reduce the bacteria.

The study proves you wrong in both cases.
 
I've had one used on me, non consensually. It was mortifying.
And I've also chosen that when it was between that and something else. Again mortifying, esp when it's a forced choice
 
For someone to exercise bowel control over me would have to be very close and know them well. Bladder control is a turn on for me......but I am up for exploring bowel control too
Just to see if it's a turn on or not
Sam xx
 
Your argument was that there are no studies about enemas and that water enemas alone cannot significantly reduce the bacteria.

The study proves you wrong in both cases.



Actually it doesn't, so for the good of anyone who reads this thread without reading the study here is the extract with no clicking required. All bolding/italics/underlining is mine.

Abstract
To evaluate the effects of povidone-iodine (PI) enema on the bacterial flora of colorectal mucosa, the authors studied 113 patients who were candidates for colorectal surgery. The study of the rectum included 72 patients. Total bacterial concentrations after a PI enema (N = 44) were significantly lower than after a simple water enema (N = 12, P less than 0.001), or than after a water enema associated with intravenous metronidazole (N = 16, P less than 0.01). The study of the colon included 41 patients. Total bacterial concentrations did not differ after a PI enema (N = 24) than after a water enema (N = 11); both groups were associated with intravenous metronidazole. In contrast, both preparations significantly reduced bacterial concentrations when compared with oral administration of polyethyleneglycol (N = 6, P less than 0.01). Similar results were observed in rectal and colonic studies, when analysis was restricted to the anaerobic flora. PI is an antiseptic that, when administered alone in an enema or in association with metronidazole, significantly reduces bacterial concentrations in the mucosa of the colon and rectum. It may be proposed as a simple preoperative preparation for colorectal surgery.

Again, all bolding, italics and underline are my doing. If this was a example of comparing a simple water based enema with an antibiotic enema this would prove the theory that you are trying to make. You have not produced such a study. This study is a comparison of intravenous metroniazole and a water enema to flush the area, compared with intravenous metroniazole with an povidone-iodine enema (in other words, two things that kill bacteria.) It also notes how this compares to oral polyethenglycol. They do propose that povidone-iodine enema may be all that is necessary and that it would be good to use with the intravenous metronidazole.

Nowhere does it say the water alone has that effect, or that water is an effective solution. It only states water and intravenous metronidazole has an effect on flora. So no, you have not given proof that water alone has an effect.

This would however prove twister947's theory. Use of intravenous metronidazole, or oral use of polyethyleneglycol is very effective in killing intestinal flora.

For anyone who is curious, polyethyleneglycol is apparently is a laxative per google (ie sold under Miralax over the counter) which is often used for colonoscopy prep and occasional constipation. It works by drawing water into the intestines from the body which basically creates an internal enema on steroids except your body controls this one. If you have read the previous posts I mentioned that laxatives and colonoscopy prep have been shown to negatively affect intestinal flora. (As use of polyethleneglocol was same as iv antibiotic and a simple water enema. So actually in a roundabout way you have proven have sort of proven colonoscopy prep is more devastating than enemas alone. I am however having to bend this study to my will. Not unlike you were doing, but mine actually uses a statistic from this one instead of trying to take out a major component of the study an imagining it doesn't exist.

Either way, I am done trying to rationally make this point on this thread. If anyone actually wants to somewhat intelligently discuss why you want to use enemas in a bdsm scene or relationship - you are welcome to PM me anytime. I have always found it curious why there are so many taboo things (some that would rank much worse than this) that come up on lit and get discussed but this is such an obvious no-no.
 
Actually it doesn't, so for the good of anyone who reads this thread without reading the study here is the extract with no clicking required. All bolding/italics/underlining is mine.

So, you didn't read the study, then you would know that there have been actually three groups:

attachment.php


Nowhere does it say the water alone has that effect, or that water is an effective solution.

Yes, it does. Not my fault that you only read the abstract. That's the difference between scientific knowledge and googling up knowledge for an internet discussion.
 

Attachments

  • 2016-02-22 19_05_44-Povidone-iodine enema as a preoperative bowel preparation for colorectal sur.png
    2016-02-22 19_05_44-Povidone-iodine enema as a preoperative bowel preparation for colorectal sur.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top