Test Your Posting Here

test

test
weepiper.gif
 

Attachments

  • weepiper.gif
    weepiper.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 5,958
Last edited:
Re: again

sweetsubsarahh said:

The problem you're having is two-fold:

1: the IMG tags require a URL that ends in JPG, GIF, BMP, or other image formt identifier. Your link has "?box=Inbox&MsgId=4810_3225073_208515_1197_56538_0_29079_73953_1882921117&bodyPart=2&filename=John_s_Washington_D._C._Hat.jpg&tnef=&YY=41113&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b" at the end.

2: the image you're trying to link is password protected beause it's in your Yahoo mail storage area. none of us can view it without the password to your mail account.
 
it's too early this morning -

Thank you Harold - why does it take me so long to re-learn this procedure every time???

*groan*
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: again

sweetsubsarahh said:

Attachments will NOT display automatically unless you use HTML syntax to show one in your signature line -- Lit was reconfigured a cpouple of years ago to stop them from displaying because constant accessing of the atttachment database sloows the server down to the crashing point with as many attachments as Lit has.

Also, an attachment is NOT an image URL -- attachments are a script call to search the attachment database.

The IMG tag will only work with a URL that directly addresses an image that is accessible to anyone and is not "hotlink protected."

Hotlink protection isn't something that can be predicted reliably -- excpet Angelfire.com and Geocities.com are known to hotlink protect images, so images hosted on any of those sites can't be used. However, any image you need a passsword to get to is almost certainly not going to work with the IMG tags.
 
Back
Top