Need an editor

T

Turniphead

Guest
I would like to find an editor who is able to help polish my work.

I've posted a few 'stories' here without using an editor and after they are posted I often cringe when I see the grammatical mistakes.

I've reached out to a couple of editors in the past with less than positive results. (One told me that I had no business trying to write erotica and I never heard from the second editor after sending him my document file.)

What I am looking for is someone who can help with grammar/punctuation and problems with flow - essentially anything that can make a story more readable/enjoyable.

My genre is generally incest (mother/son) and my 'stories' are fairly lengthy.

I have a piece that is almost finished but I'd like to make it better.
 
Turnip,

It'll help the folks here if you post the size (word count) of your draft so would-be volunteers know how much they'd be taking on.

G'luck,

-PF
 
Word Count

Sorry

Right now my draft is a handful over 32,000.
 
Sorry

Right now my draft is a handful over 32,000.

Borrowed from snooper:

You might get a better response if you switch on your Private Messages. Go to User CP (top left of this page) then click on Edit Options (in the left hand column) and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the next box down (Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators) is NOT ticked. Finally click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.


:)
 
Hi turniphead. I'm not an editor, but have had great support from one editor in particular, and I write mainly in mother/son incest. Early in the piece, he suggested breaking a long story into chapters; it makes for easier reading, and certainly easier editing :D Could I suggest you think about breaking your story into, say, four 8,000 word chapters, then post them quickly after an edit and any re-write. Strictly IMHO.

Regards
 
Back
Top